Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 9, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #1,861 of 42,298
I was just browsing the Woo website and noticed that the PDPS appears to have been made standard on the WA6 now. The price has gone up $35 and the PDPS upgrade option is now gone, replaced by a bullet noting it on the standard features list. Kudos to Jack for that, since he basically cut the cost of getting the PDPS in half for new buyers.

I've decided I'll be one of them shortly. I cannot afford the WA6-SE, but I think I'll be quite happy with the regular WA6 and plan to order one in the near future. I can't seem to stop looking at what tubes I want to buy in the meantime.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #1,862 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just browsing the Woo website and noticed that the PDPS appears to have been made standard on the WA6 now. The price has gone up $35 and the PDPS upgrade option is now gone, replaced by a bullet noting it on the standard features list. Kudos to Jack for that, since he basically cut the cost of getting the PDPS in half for new buyers.

I thought the old price was 550? which means there isnt a discount at all...

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #1,863 of 42,298
^ The old price was $585.
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #1,866 of 42,298
wow... just got the WA6 (with some upgrades). It's been 10 hours of burn-in.
I'm listening off and on, and let's just say I'm very impressed!

The bass obviously needs to tighten up, but the high-end is truly remarkable. Well, naturally everything is better with this amp, as my last one wasn't near it in quality.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #1,867 of 42,298
Also just got a WA6, off of a local Head-fi'er. I love it. Can't stop staring at it. Most nights I stay up way too late, listening to it. Is this normal? My day job is starting to suffer! What's a fiend to do, Jack Wu?
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #1,869 of 42,298
Yup... that's exactly what has been going on. On that note, with no music coming though the WA6, is it safe to leave it on overnight, apart from the "leaving the hot tubes unattended" warning?

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #1,870 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it safe to leave it on overnight, apart from the "leaving the hot tubes unattended" warning?

Woo recommends not leaving the amp running for longer than 8hrs at a time - so provided you're not sleeping in, then yes
tongue.gif

Alas, I've had to sell off my WA6SE and so I'm no longer really a part of the Woo Owner's thread
frown.gif
I have to say though, if I had known beforehand how excellent the 6FD7 tubes were and that my 6SE would be incompatible with them, I would have bought a regular WA6 instead.

EML 5U4G + Sylvania 6FD7s were a winning combo.

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #1,874 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also just got a WA6, off of a local Head-fi'er. I love it. Can't stop staring at it. Most nights I stay up way too late, listening to it. Is this normal? My day job is starting to suffer! What's a fiend to do, Jack Wu?
wink.gif

That is really amazing mate, I have been thinking of getting one.

Any upgrades on the one you got.

Any impressions on comparison with your gilmore lite.

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #1,875 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k one more question,
does the brand have importance? I can't seem to find a place to get those tubes.

Yes, it does. Jack Wu should be able to provide them for you, or if he's out of stock try vacuumtubes.net (Takezo recommended this seller to me, and they're where I got my set of Sylvania 6FD7s from).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back