Wondering which headphones to buy
Jun 2, 2011 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jamesoh

New Head-Fier
My budget is 300 or lower and I previously thought about buying the Beats Studios (I was pushing my budget) for its stylish looks. However, I seen a lot of reviews and they discouraged me from buying them. I researched some more and found these ugly looking headphones.
I looked up review and Sennheiser PX 360 and the PX 360 BT seemed like a good buy. The wireless property seemed pretty interesting and I wanted to try them out, and the BT looked better.

I dont really care whether the headphones are wireless/bluetooth, but I want them to be able to listen to using audio cable.

Any recommendations/ whether the Sennheiser PX 360 BT is worth the money? Thanks :)

Jun 3, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 5
What kind of music do you listen to? What associated equipment will you use? Do you plan to buy an amp?

Give us a little more information and we can help you find a good pair of headphones.

Also, welcome to Head-Fi! :)

Jun 3, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 5
Wireless isn't up to par yet if you are hoping to extract $300 of audio quality so I would ditch that thought unless you feel you need that feature.  Until you figure out 'your sound' and needs (isolation, comfort, leakage, drivability, portability, etc) I might consider the $100-$200 range to figure things out as that is where the bang/buck category lies.  Check out:

Grado SR80, MS-1, M50, HFI580, FA-003, FA011, HD558, HD598, HD25II, DT1350, DT770 and a few others I'm forgetting.  Look up ljokerl for his headphone and IEM reviews to start.

If you are set on $300 then there is a whole other tier of cans to consider BUT you may find the need to upgrade your chain to appreciate the benefits.  That equals more money overall.  I'd rather go from $150ish to the 3-4 digit big boys myself.  

Figure out your sound. 

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 5
So far my favorites are Sennheiser PX 360 BT and Audio-Technica ATH M50
Has anyone tried out the Sennheiser PX 360/ PX 360 BT?
Btw the PX 360 BT can also be used with audio cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back