Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle?
Sep 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

king8888

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone

I already owned a JH16 and s shure 530x6. But,Recently, I was impressed by the reviews of the A8, merlin and miracle, so I'm currently saving money to buy 1 of these 3 in this december.

I prefer a warm sound signature with bass enhanced, a neutral mid like JH16 because I mainly listen to pop music only.

Also, I want to ask do anybody know any audiologist in Las Vegas because I cant find anywhere to take an ear impressions.

So which 1 should I choose? Any suggestion, please?

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 37
Sorry, I can't help you at all.

It's a little scary to think that someone can own a top custom like the jh16 and be unsatisfied to the point of looking for another custom. What's wrong with it?

What company did the Shure 530x6? Was it Unique Melody?  What does it sound like?  Was it specifically tuned to your desire or do they have a set tuning for that IEM?

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #10 of 37
Quote:
Sorry, I can't help you at all.

It's a little scary to think that someone can own a top custom like the jh16 and be unsatisfied to the point of looking for another custom. What's wrong with it?

What company did the Shure 530x6? Was it Unique Melody?  What does it sound like?  Was it specifically tuned to your desire or do they have a set tuning for that IEM?

JH16 is great,I owned it for almost 2 years. I really love it's sound signature. I think sometimes I should change of my point of view to other custom company. I have read many review of those 3 CIEMs I have mentioned in the topic and I was impressed. So, I think it's time to take a shot on another CIEM.

The shure 530x6 was made by UM. The sound was messed up, the mid became backward. It lost shure 530 original sound. It was a waste of money when I added the drivers. Anyway, I still dont want to sell it because it was my 1st pair of custom, it means a lot to me.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #12 of 37
I own the miracle. I'm more than satisfied by them, but I don't think their sound signature would suit you... They have a good quantity of bass, very clear highs, impressive soundstage for a ciem, but strictly for pop music, maybe you should look into heir audio or Merlin. These ciems have a more pronounced bass from what I gathered.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 37
Quote:
I own the miracle. I'm more than satisfied by them, but I don't think their sound signature would suit you... They have a good quantity of bass, very clear highs, impressive soundstage for a ciem, but strictly for pop music, maybe you should look into heir audio or Merlin. These ciems have a more pronounced bass from what I gathered.

Wow,thanks for your helping. Now I can eliminate the UM miracle then.

So only 8A and Merlin, which one is best for pop music (not those Justin Bieber music, only pop music from the past until 2005)

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #14 of 37
Like you, I'm looking at top-of-the-line bass heavy IEMs that can do it all (for Pop, R&B, Rap, Blues, etc,.).

I'd prefer a universal IEM so I'm kinda waiting on consensus opinions on some of the models (out or coming out soon--IE800).

It seems the AKG K3003 doesn't isolate well enough for my somewhat noisy environment. FitEar TO GO needs to come out with a bass heavy version (335?). I need more info on the Tralucent 1plus2. Aurisonic AS-2 has no G-model and so on....

On my shortlist for customs are the JH16 and Merlin so far. I've been reading about the 8.A, but I don't know....

I really need to hear some demos of customs before I'd be willing to make such a large investment. Pretty words on forums (and review sites) are tempting but no one has my ears but me. No one has my headroom but me. Plus, around here, contrasting opinions about the same earphones are abundant.

If I had a JH16 and was happy with it, I'd be fiddling with other components (source and amp).

Interestingly enough, king8888, there's a forum member whose handle (I believe) is 88king who has a Merlin and listens to Pop music. Maybe he can chime in. I believe he had a defect with his Merlin.

That's another thing that scares me. It's bad enough to go thru all the time and shipping issues of getting customs from China, but to have to send it back. I don't want to fall in love with a sound then deal with the separation (of having a loved one leave the country--sappy right?) while I worry, wait and miss it terribly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back