Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle?
Sep 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:
If you want a real side-grade that's worth it, I'd go for the Westone ES5. That's a significant sound signature change from the JH16. It will highlight mids very well in pop music.

But, as others have stated, don't expect a significant performance change at this range of CIEMs. What you will really get is a sound signature change.

I have seen some review said that ES5 have a beautiful mid but lack of a bit bass. But I can not find any website that take order of ES5.

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #33 of 37
I was very interested in this topic as well.
Because my library is full of modern pop, which is different from most people or people would label them as bad recordings, but whatever the case, it's the music i listen to mostly.
I've done some research and found the ES5 to be quite fitting. I guess it comes a day i audition the 8.As personally.
Currently i have my IE8 with custom cables doing me great until my wallet becomes fatter.

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #34 of 37
i have tried all the 3 IEMs you mentioned.

Personally, i prefer the UM miracle as i love its balanced feel and when u change the cables, it compromises the cable perfectly. I love balanced music. 

since you love the JH16s, i suggest to demo all of them out first. personally i didnt like the JH16s sound especially when i change the cable to an aftermarket cable.

the merlin is for those who love the dynamic driver feel.i did not try with other cables when i tested it out at Stereo Singapore as I did not have cables with me but its still worth a try

the 8.A is something interesting but since you love the sound of JH16, i suggest not changing to it as you might not like it. 

The best is you demo the iems first before buying as different people have different preference and more drivers does not mean its good as you can see the FitEar 334 is one of the best.

my personal preference is the UM Miracle. Until now, this is the only IEM which i regretted selling it and am trying hard to get it back.

Hope this helps!

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #36 of 37
I own the miracle / merlin and based on what you want in an iem, you'd probably want the Merlin over the Miracle.  Great bass, mids are very present, and has a tad more treble.  The Miracle is more neutral and sometimes leaves you wanting more bass rumble when compared to the Merlin.  I think you'd be happy with either, I know I am, but just seems like the Merlin would fit your wants more.

Also, I'm sure the 8.a would be a pretty good choice too.  I never heard it before but project86 compares the Merlin to the 8.a so I'm sure that will help you.  The review can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/heir-audio-8-a/reviews/6100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back