1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Which Mid-Fi phones pair well with a Fiio E10?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mtkversion, Dec 15, 2011.
First

Back
  1. mtkversion

Quote:

Appreciate all your help in this thread :)

I ended up giving up the Sennheisers for a pair of Grados which worked out great for me. I love the sound from Grados but I did give up quite a bit on comfort. The Sennheisers were a little tight on my head but MUCH more comfortable for longer listening sessions.

After reading through some reviews, I think I'm going to revisit the AKG K701's.  They blew me away with how they handled female vocals and I get the general impression that the E10 will handle them alright. For now.

I've never tried a tube amp and am curious how they pair together. Anyone with recommendations on a $300-400 tube amp that'll make the 701's sing?

2. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    Honestly consider the HD598 to be a slightly smoother, baby K701. The Sennheiser equivalent. So I wouldn't consider them warm. They're fairly neutral to slightly bright in its inherent signature. Bass neutral to slightly bass shy, rich forward mids, slight treble boost.

3. Gwarmi

Quote:

Save up and get a Woo Audio 6 for $620USD brand new ~ it's a blissful marriage, full point to point wiring
     no cheap PCB's ~ all quality and made in New York by loving audiophiles.

wa6.jpg

First

Back