What does everyone want for christmas?
Sep 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #17 of 504
Thinking of asking the parental units for a Slingbox Pro and the wife for either some Fostex T50RPs or Fischer FA-011s.

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #18 of 504
I'm still hoping for the pony I asked for many years ago.

Though I'll be thrilled if we can wrap up a couple of rental unit refurbishments and clear out the garage/future shop so I can start setting up tools, cabinets and benches in there.

I can't have any new audio toys until I build them. They've been patiently waiting for me in cardboard boxes.

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #19 of 504
New TV. But I will probably get that for my birthday on the 29th of October. I already got a new laptop as a grad gift. I am pretty happy for now.

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #20 of 504
I am hoping for six months of meandering throughout SE Asia.  We'll see...

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #22 of 504

Quote:
What I want for Christmas? A warmhearted family dinner. Physical presents will last only for a while but a moment will last forever.

NICE!  I like the way you think. 

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #25 of 504
Uncle Erik
How about you play Santa and pass us some items from garage to us? I could use an amp :p

Quote:
I'm still hoping for the pony I asked for many years ago.

Though I'll be thrilled if we can wrap up a couple of rental unit refurbishments and clear out the garage/future shop so I can start setting up tools, cabinets and benches in there.

I can't have any new audio toys until I build them. They've been patiently waiting for me in cardboard boxes.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #27 of 504

Quote:
Oh snaps 10/30/90 here. What degree you getting?

I applied for audio engineering at my local college but i did so really late as i wasn't certain on what i wanted to do. So i didn't get in this year. I will reapply next year though. This january i will take some History courses and i was thinking of taking japanese as a second language. (may sound geeky but i always wanted to learn about japan and go there some day. I like anime but that is not my reasoning, I just like their culture)

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #28 of 504

Quote:
I applied for audio engineering at my local college but i did so really late as i wasn't certain on what i wanted to do. So i didn't get in this year. I will reapply next year though. This january i will take some History courses and i was thinking of taking japanese as a second language. (may sound geeky but i always wanted to learn about japan and go there some day. I like anime but that is not my reasoning, I just like their culture)

Watch the language classes, they will screw you over if you don't take then entire year straight

Japanese is pretty easy, Spanish would also be easy and nice to take anytime. I took Italian, Japanese, French and Algerian in college. I already knew spanish.

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #30 of 504
OneSec, I won't be giving anything away, but I'll do the next best thing.

Once the shop is done, I'll help out anyone willing to come out here. Bring your parts and we'll put them together. No charge. :)

It'd be fun to have some Head-Fi'ers over and I want everyone to have a cool amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back