What does everyone want for christmas?
Sep 11, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #32 of 504
Apart from a major lottery win, apart from no snow for a change (we get too much of it here), I would like Santa to provide an unlimited shopping experience at Amazon so I could buy all the music I ever wanted, apart from that just TIME to listen with my headphone uninterrupted with any food & drink being brought as I need it.

Now that's a Christmas :)

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #33 of 504
I just want one of everything Skylab has. 
That should do it.

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #35 of 504
Wow!! This is so nice of you. I need to start saving some of my money to get flight tickets. I hope you are not too far from Malaysia :)

Quote:
OneSec, I won't be giving anything away, but I'll do the next best thing.

Once the shop is done, I'll help out anyone willing to come out here. Bring your parts and we'll put them together. No charge.
smily_headphones1.gif

It'd be fun to have some Head-Fi'ers over and I want everyone to have a cool amp.

P.S.: I do actually look for an amp - probably a lifetime one if possible. Started saving for it now, and probably will do more aggressive saving plan :p Let's see whats available in 6 - 9 months time for my budget. No budget is not the sky, but should be able to touch Phonitor or alike.

P.S II: I need your help to work out some excuses to convince my wife my trip is strictly business :D

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #36 of 504
I want a pair of JH16 and Westone ES5 and a pair of HD800 and a pair of Beyerdynamic T1 and an awesome tube amp and well...unlimited money for me to buy my audio gear :p.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #38 of 504
Wouldn't mind a good tube amp for my K501. Just because I like it that much and it deserves one. Maybe a Schiit Lyr or something else? I'd like to keep it under $600.
I doubt anyone has even tried the K501 with the Lyr so that may be out..guess I do have 15 days to try it before returning it to Santa.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #40 of 504
Anything except wool socks, I have enough of those. That was #1 on my Christmas list last year, and the family came through! Now I have more socks than anyone on Earf, guaranteed.

Other than that, maybe a new ski jacket or something, clothes are always nice to get. I don't ask my family for music or audio equipment, the gear I want is orders of magnitude too expensive for me to be comfortable asking for.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #43 of 504
Snow and german beer.

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #44 of 504
Any audio gear I really want is waaay too expensive to ask my parents to gift me (except a Jecklin Float and maybe a used XB1000. The rest are at least $300-400 used) and what I really, really want is a cheap ($200ish...still pretty costly, so I'll have to contribute maybe a quarter of the price) Chinese soprano sax. I've been getting into making music more than listening to it lately. My parents got me a 1921-made Conn 5B Symphony (for those interested, it's a 4B Symphony, another rare horn, with high pitch and low pitch slides) for my birthday next Wednesday.

I'd also love a solder station like a Hakko 936 because my soldering jobs look crappy with my current Ratshack iron that only heats up in one tiny part of the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back