What are the most comfortable headphones?
Sep 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #61 of 127
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys first time hear(PUN)!.  I have a pair of SennHeiser HD 202.  I can't wear them for more than 5 minutes because they are soooo uncomfortable and the ear cups don't surround my ear.  I don't like stuff in my ears so IEm's are out.  I was in Best Buy and tried all the headphones and only the Bose QC 15's were comfortable.  I wore them for 1hr and had no discomfort which was a first for me.  I am looking for another lightweight comfortable Noise cancelling, ear surrounding HP at half the price of the Bose 15's. Do you have any suggestions.  I have been diagnosed with chronic insomnia and almost killed myself driving to work after not sleeping enough for 2 days. I even failed at two sleep labs with them saying you need to go home at 1am since I was a lost cause.  The one thing that helps me fall asleep is the isochronic/binaural tones which relax me so am seeking the afformentioned to use with them.  I looked into the SleepPhones below but reviews said they had quality issues.  Looking forward to any expertise and advice you can give as my life is falling apart.  Most appreciative..  

id reccemend starting a new thread on this maybe instead of asking it here, just so you might get more answers, 

This is a specialized recommendation request. A new thread seems ideal.

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #63 of 127
Sennheiser HD 800. I've never worn headphones that are so comfortable. Beyers aren't even close (and they are very known for comfort). HD 800 ends all these threads. :D

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #65 of 127
Quote:
My new favorite for comfort is fostex t50's with Stax o2 pads.

T50s or T50RPs? The T50 is a rare vintage can...

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #67 of 127
Quote:
I was referring to the t50rp...

Then say that? Lol.

Also I'd have to disagree about the T50RP's comfort: Even the stock pads are very soft and comfy but the headband is completely unpadded and feels like something's jabbing into the top of my head after about 20 minutes. The T50RP is just too heavy to have a metal headband with no padding. I'm not sure why Fostex would do that.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #68 of 127
I have to put in vote for the HD650's.  I find them to be most comfortable.  Second runner up for me dt770's.

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #72 of 127
Quote:
Then say that? Lol.

Also I'd have to disagree about the T50RP's comfort: Even the stock pads are very soft and comfy but the headband is completely unpadded and feels like something's jabbing into the top of my head after about 20 minutes. The T50RP is just too heavy to have a metal headband with no padding. I'm not sure why Fostex would do that.

Well, mostly because it's a $75 hp. For less than $3 I added a simple mod with a cut strip of mouse pad and I have not felt the headband again.

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #73 of 127
Quote:

Well, mostly because it's a $75 hp. For less than $3 I added a simple mod with a cut strip of mouse pad and I have not felt the headband again.

Actually the MSRP on them is $200... and even though they don't sell for that it does mean that they were supposed to at one point.

Plus they're meant for recording/studio use, and comfort is a must in that department..

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #74 of 127
The most comfortable I've owned have been the ATH-AD700 for circumaural, and HD238 for supra-aural, definitely in the "forgot you're wearing it" category.  I haven't had or tried a lot of these other circumaural models though.

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #75 of 127
Of the ones I owned the DT770 Pro, Sony XB series, and Denon AH-D1100 were all very comfortable to me. The Beyer for it's velour pads, the Sony for its pillow like pads, and the Denon because they're so light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back