What are the most comfortable headphones?
Aug 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #32 of 127
Its possible that the difference in comfort is because of changes Beyer made to the headphone's design over time, kinda like how a 1970's DT 880 fits differently than a modern one.

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #34 of 127
Nope. I'm comparing both new out of the box...

Guess it just comes down to a few manufacturing differences.
Mine are also considerably older so the headband may not spring back as much (less clamping) which might result in greater comfort (I definitely feel like mine is slightly more comfortable than his, like mine just lightly sit on the top of my head and float down my sides)

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #38 of 127
Comfiest headphones I've owned, in order...

3) Phiaton MS400 - Gets great seal with the lightest clamp. Plus, the pads and headband are soft and thick and the 4-way hinges allows for accommodating fit on almost any shaped head. This is the perfect portable design.

2) Sony XB1000 - Oversized pillow pads!

1) Philips Fidelio L1 - Pillow pads + light clamp + excellent seal! If only they sounded better...

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #39 of 127
Quote:
Razer Orcas are ridiculously comfortable but not the best sounding unfortunately.

I haven't had a comfortable pair of headphones ever. I only know about these from a friend

Agreed on both counts. You don't notice them and the headband/can-track is very well made. I've had these suckers for over a year now, and god do I need my d5k's to get here lol.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #40 of 127
One thing that I found comfortable was the Skullcandy Aviator. I don't own it but I did try it out at Bestbuy's listening area, and they were very comfortable. Pretty awesome sound too, especially when compared to their other models...

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #41 of 127
One thing that I found comfortable was the Skullcandy Aviator. I don't own it but I did try it out at Bestbuy's listening area, and they were very comfortable. Pretty awesome sound too, especially when compared to their other models...

You can't really judge comfort on 5 minutes of wearing it.
I can wear grados for 2-3 hours but after that it starts becoming unbearable.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #42 of 127
Quote:
You can't really judge comfort on 5 minutes of wearing it.
I can wear grados for 2-3 hours but after that it starts becoming unbearable.

Actually, I listened to them exclusively for about an hour. The sales rep. actually came and tried to tell me I had to stop, but since I was waiting for my parents to finish up getting a phone replaced he let me stay :p

Also, these couldn't become uncomfortable in any aspect except for maybe getting a little warm. They barely clamp at all and the pads are very soft. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #43 of 127
Actually, I listened to them exclusively for about an hour. The sales rep. actually came and tried to tell me I had to stop, but since I was waiting for my parents to finish up getting a phone replaced he let me stay :p

Also, these couldn't become uncomfortable in any aspect except for maybe getting a little warm. They barely clamp at all and the pads are very soft. 

Grados and comfort is a very contentious issue around these parts, because of the on-ear fit. And trust me, wear them for 10 hours and you'll probably re-think what you've said.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #44 of 127
Quote:
Grados and comfort is a very contentious issue around these parts, because of the on-ear fit. And trust me, wear them for 10 hours and you'll probably re-think what you've said.

One, I'm not talking about Grados.
Two, the Aviator is over-ear, not on-ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back