What are the most comfortable headphones?
Aug 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #46 of 127
Quote:
confused_face_2.gif

You quoted a post about Grado comfort, responded to it, and then you're not talking about them? What?

Um. Did you read the whole conversation?

He was only using Grados as an example to illustrate the fact that comfort sometimes deteriorates over time. I was talking about the Skullcandy Aviators.

Aug 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #47 of 127
for those who have no problem sticking things in their ears, there's nothing like properly fitting custom iems.

for over ear cans, woody grados with bagel pads ala gs1000 or ms1000, are very light and don't put much pressure anywhere.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #48 of 127
for those who have no problem sticking things in their ears, there's nothing like properly fitting custom iems.

for over ear cans, woody grados with bagel pads ala gs1000 or ms1000, are very light and don't put much pressure anywhere.

While I've never minded getting IEMs, I still feel that they're there in/on my ears while headphones like the HD800 just completely disappear.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #49 of 127
Quote:

I don't know how CIEM users do it, I can't STAND having things in my ear, no matter what it is. Earbuds, IEMs, water, BT headsets, anything bothers me to the point where I can't wear it.  

Aug 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #50 of 127
Quote:

Quote:
While I've never minded getting IEMs, I still feel that they're there in/on my ears while headphones like the HD800 just completely disappear.

Quote:
I don't know how CIEM users do it, I can't STAND having things in my ear, no matter what it is. Earbuds, IEMs, water, BT headsets, anything bothers me to the point where I can't wear it.  

some folks cannot stand objects in their ears. others either adapt or have little or no problem with it. for some, ciems by far do the best disappearing act.

Aug 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #51 of 127
I wouldn't have wanted to game much with my Beyer DT990's on even though they have the super plush velor pads. Getting my 5k's recently I instantly remember how nice these things feel, no hesitation using them for everything/extended periods.

Aug 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #52 of 127

Sony MDR-CD-870 Headphones 

Not that you can even find a pair anywhere? These have been the most comfortable headphones I have ever heard anywhere. Why they don't make a set like this now I don't know?

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #54 of 127
some folks cannot stand objects in their ears. others either adapt or have little or no problem with it. for some, ciems by far do the best disappearing act.

I'm definitely not one of those people. My ear also seems to expand the longer a pair of IEMs is in them so after a while they sometimes just slip out

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #56 of 127
Comfort factor of a headphone is definitely important to me. The Beyer dts pretty comfortable, the plushy velour pads are nice, but for me they feel sort of heavy on my head after the hour or so, though it's not so bad that I need to immediately take them off or anything at that point... K701s are decently comfortable and light, lighter than the beyers by some, but the clamp for me gets so that I probably want to take them after 2-3 hours for a while, but I don't like clamp so yeah that's just me. 
wink.gif
 Never really had problems with the leather bumps. As for IEMs, I can wear them ok for the first hour, but after that they get pretty damn uncomfortable and I'll have to take them off. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #57 of 127
HD650's with a stretched headband, very comfortable!

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #58 of 127
Hi guys first time hear(PUN)!.  I have a pair of SennHeiser HD 202.  I can't wear them for more than 5 minutes because they are soooo uncomfortable and the ear cups don't surround my ear.  I don't like stuff in my ears so IEm's are out.  I was in Best Buy and tried all the headphones and only the Bose QC 15's were comfortable.  I wore them for 1hr and had no discomfort which was a first for me.  I am looking for another lightweight comfortable Noise cancelling, ear surrounding HP at half the price of the Bose 15's. Do you have any suggestions.  I have been diagnosed with chronic insomnia and almost killed myself driving to work after not sleeping enough for 2 days. I even failed at two sleep labs with them saying you need to go home at 1am since I was a lost cause.  The one thing that helps me fall asleep is the isochronic/binaural tones which relax me so am seeking the afformentioned to use with them.  I looked into the SleepPhones below but reviews said they had quality issues.  Looking forward to any expertise and advice you can give as my life is falling apart.  Most appreciative..  

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #59 of 127
Hi guys first time hear(PUN)!.  I have a pair of SennHeiser HD 202.  I can't wear them for more than 5 minutes because they are soooo uncomfortable and the ear cups don't surround my ear.  I don't like stuff in my ears so IEm's are out.  I was in Best Buy and tried all the headphones and only the Bose QC 15's were comfortable.  I wore them for 1hr and had no discomfort which was a first for me.  I am looking for another lightweight comfortable Noise cancelling, ear surrounding HP at half the price of the Bose 15's. Do you have any suggestions.  I have been diagnosed with chronic insomnia and almost killed myself driving to work after not sleeping enough for 2 days. I even failed at two sleep labs with them saying you need to go home at 1am since I was a lost cause.  The one thing that helps me fall asleep is the isochronic/binaural tones which relax me so am seeking the afformentioned to use with them.  I looked into the SleepPhones below but reviews said they had quality issues.  Looking forward to any expertise and advice you can give as my life is falling apart.  Most appreciative..  

I sleep on my side so headphones are impossible for me to use in bed. I'd get a nice pair of IEMs... Have you owned a decent, comfortable pair?

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #60 of 127
Quote:

id reccemend starting a new thread on this maybe instead of asking it here, just so you might get more answers, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back