Westone ES5
Nov 6, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #497 of 5,554
Like I say, TG's price for ES5 trumps Jaben's "premium" after sales price for JH13/16.

Jaben juz marks up too high a margin for each piece for 13/16 that they sell. The prices they charge is an arm and leg compared to TG's price. That's ur chief reason y people in SG rather go for ES5 compared to 13/16.

I WAS THE INITIAL GUINEA PIG FOR THE SINGAPORE MARKET!!!
LOL. Coz Janice told me that mine was juz the 2nd ES5 she took order for TG.

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #499 of 5,554
Mine was extremely fast. Just under 3 weeks.

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #500 of 5,554

Quote:
Hey guys.  I was an JH13 owner until just yesterday I shattered them in my car dar while shutting it.  So, after this accident I now have an excuse to order something new.  I was just going to reorder or maybe get my one side fixed from J.H. Audio.   However, I logged on Headfi (always a mistake
smile.gif
) and see there is new stuff on the market including the ES5.  I think I am going to order ES5.  Anyone compared it to the JH13 Pro yet?  Sorry I have not read the entire thread, just don't have enough time.  Also, how is the cable for the ES5?  I hated the cable for the JH13 Pro.  It was always a tangled mess, very non user friendly.  

you can email Jaime and ask her about your damaged jh13,you never know they can repair it for free.
regarding cable,i agree its crap.i also had um3x and its also crap.i wish i had a cable like that of ue reference or sennheiser ie8(which is fantastic).

its very interesting HPA comments regarding the 13s and es5.also the soft tips seems like a huge improvement over hard acrylic.
did HPA write his review yet?i would like to read it for sure.

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #501 of 5,554
I must say I agree with you. I didn't get my 16's through Jaben, but I happen to know their price for the JH's which may seem exorbitant to some in Singapore, though that does not detract others from getting it through them. But given the equally stellar evaluation that the ES5's have, and the price discrepancy, I can certainly see more people here driven to get the ES5's instead of the JH's.

Quote:
Like I say, TG's price for ES5 trumps Jaben's "premium" after sales price for JH13/16.

Jaben juz marks up too high a margin for each piece for 13/16 that they sell. The prices they charge is an arm and leg compared to TG's price. That's ur chief reason y people in SG rather go for ES5 compared to 13/16.

I WAS THE INITIAL GUINEA PIG FOR THE SINGAPORE MARKET!!!
LOL. Coz Janice told me that mine was juz the 2nd ES5 she took order for TG.

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #502 of 5,554

Quote:
I must say I agree with you. I didn't get my 16's through Jaben, but I happen to know their price for the JH's which may seem exorbitant to some in Singapore, though that does not detract others from getting it through them. But given the equally stellar evaluation that the ES5's have, and the price discrepancy, I can certainly see more people here driven to get the ES5's instead of the JH's.

The thing abt JH's products r, though they a lil on the high side, they can compete with ES5 in term of pricing if one were to get direct from JHA.

But Jaben's mark up distorts that competition. If one were to compare TG n Jaben's prices for ES5 vs JH13/16, there is no doubt wch one the individual would choose. It's a no brainer, considering the diff is SGD350 - 500. Now, that's a lot of $$$. There lies the biggest problem for JHA products in Singapore; VALUE for $. Unless u r a hardcore JH fan, that is.

Nov 6, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #504 of 5,554

Quote:
you can email Jaime and ask her about your damaged jh13,you never know they can repair it for free.
regarding cable,i agree its crap.i also had um3x and its also crap.i wish i had a cable like that of ue reference or sennheiser ie8(which is fantastic).

its very interesting HPA comments regarding the 13s and es5.also the soft tips seems like a huge improvement over hard acrylic.
did HPA write his review yet?i would like to read it for sure.

Yeah I thought about that, but one side was completely shattered and maybe JH Audio can fix it, but I got curious as to what was going on.  So, I logged on to Headfi for the first time in a long time and found out about the ES5.  So really the JH13 Pro shattering was just an excuse to try something else.

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #505 of 5,554
Nov 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #506 of 5,554
Does anyone here use Qables Silvercab-pro? How does this LOD sound?

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #509 of 5,554

Quote:
Mine was extremely fast. Just under 3 weeks.

haha 2nd, wonder whose the first LOL!!

and under 3weeks is a freaking fast turnaround time compared to other custom companies

now this gives me hope that i will be able to get it before december haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back