Westone ES5
Nov 10, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #526 of 5,554

Quote:
We don't have a local dealer: https://www.westone.com/search/location/
Nearest one is HK then SG.

I posted this in the other forum. Manila Hearing Aid in Greenhills is a Westone dealer.
smily_headphones1.gif
Got the info from westone on email.

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #530 of 5,554
Hey Cooperpwc, how's ur Stepdance with ES5?

I acquired an iQube V2 to pair with my ES5, and I'm loving every minute of it.
I suddenly hear stuff that I have previously not present with Pico.
The transparency, clarity and details are amazing.

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #531 of 5,554
Quote:

Hey Cooperpwc, how's ur Stepdance with ES5?

Just beautiful. I summarised my feelings in the Stepdance thread.

I am using the Stepdance with IEMs - the Westone ES5 - and am very happy with the combination. It is not especially small but I like the form factor and it packs one hell of a punch for its size.  

The combo of the Super iMod + Stepdance + ES5 has given me a portable/transportable system that is remarkable smooth and transparent but also weighty and full (all IMHO YMMV as always). It has satisfied my desire to carry a serious music system into any environment. I may visit a friend in Chile for a few weeks later this month and I love that this will be with me...

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #532 of 5,554
LOL. Very glad to hear that.

I'm also very happy with my set-up.
The final upgrade will be upon me soon.
TWag cable.
With that, my portable rig will be perfect.

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #534 of 5,554
My ES5s arrived today. Even after a quick listen, I am very pleased with the sound; I can't see how anyone could think they are light in the bass - the bass seems perfect to me.

Currently listening to some choral music off vinyl: spacious, airy, clean and delightful.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #535 of 5,554
Quote:
I like the way the ES5's sound with the TWag a lot.

Dan, what kind of changes are you finding using the twag cable rather than the stock one? are you running balanced or single ended (and if balanced, how does that differ from using it single ended)?

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #536 of 5,554

Quote:

Dan, what kind of changes are you finding using the twag cable rather than the stock one? are you running balanced or single ended (and if balanced, how does that differ from using it single ended)?

I am using it single ended.  The TWag doesn't make as much of a difference with the ES5 as it does with my JH 10x3 and UE 11.  The ES5 is already avery clean and detailed sounding IEM with the TWag thrown in the mix it sounds cleaner and more detailed and it tightens the bass a bit too.

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #538 of 5,554
Quote:
I am using it single ended.  The TWag doesn't make as much of a difference with the ES5 as it does with my JH 10x3 and UE 11.  The ES5 is already avery clean and detailed sounding IEM with the TWag thrown in the mix it sounds cleaner and more detailed and it tightens the bass a bit too.

does this make it seem brighter, leaner or lighter?  i'd be curious as to how running it balanced affects the sound, if anyone has tried it. no protector users out there?  the rsa house sound tends to be a bit fuller than the headamp sound, which might be complimentary with this type of iem, no?

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #540 of 5,554
Quote:
The TWag doesn't make it sound brighter or leaner it still sounds as full just more.

just more .....?  detailed? clearer (throughout the range)? .... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back