Westone ES5
Nov 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #542 of 5,554
Quote:
The TWag doesn't make it sound brighter or leaner it still sounds as full just more.

Quote:
just more .....?  detailed? clearer (throughout the range)? ....

Quote:

well in that case i'll have to try twagging them if i get a set, and if no one else does it (and even if they do) i'll try running it balanced too.
etysmile.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #550 of 5,554
I managed to auditioned a TWag before diciding to plump for them.

More details are heard across the spectrum. Bass is noticably tighter and highs are smoother.
Biggest difference for me between TWag and ES2 cables is SOUNDSTAGE.
It was very wide when I paired TWag, iQube and ES5. Great combo.
Now my only weak link is my DAP and LOD.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #552 of 5,554
Quote:
well in that case i'll have to try twagging them if i get a set, and if no one else does it (and even if they do) i'll try running it balanced too.
etysmile.gif

well i just spoke with someone who has run the ES5s  balanced (powered by a Protector), though not TWagged. Doug says that running it balanced gives it even more clarity, extension, and adds spaciousness to the soundstage. of course Paul can get that just by listening at his coffee shop..... 
wink.gif
tongue.gif

i can't wait to give this kind of combo a listen!

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #553 of 5,554
Mine are on the way here!! 3-5 business days to my door ... It's gonna be a very long 5 days ..... My vendor sent me a preview picture of them before they shipped .... Looking good!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #554 of 5,554
Can post the pic the dealer sent u?

We love pics here.

Nov 11, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #555 of 5,554

Quote:
Good for you.  How long ago did you order them?  I put my order in last Thursday so I'm hoping mine are at my doorstep soon.

Total turn around time was a week .. Real fast . If the audiologist hadn't mailed it to the wrong address it would have been even quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back