Westone ES5
Nov 13, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #571 of 5,554

Quote:
Just picked up my Es5 from the audiologist today. The fit is something getting used to .. Not sure if i have the right fit or not it seems to seal well and nothing moves when i jiggle the IEMs. Bit uncomfortable so far but i guess it is getting used to.First impressions is that it is not that big a jump from UM3X but i may be wrong and need more AB testing. I am wondering if UM3 with UM56 may be same as ES5? But this is just 15mins of listening ... More to come

My ES3X are a nice step up from the UM3X with UM56 tips, but the ES5 are another step up from the ES3X.  Differences in fit can account for differences in sound.

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #572 of 5,554

Hi there, i'm new to head-fi and am definitely interested in the ES5..... I'm wondering how get them though.. I'm in Malaysia.. there's a jaben branch here but i'm not sure what price will they quote me... i found this though, http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/westone-es5-musician-monitors1.html.. the price is quite reasonable, but not sure how reliable the site is.. have anyone tried it yet? any other suggestions?

oh and Mr.Toad, can you post some pictures of how it looks on your ears? i can't decide between clear, beige, or with faceplate designs... thankss
Quote:

A photo of clear ES5s:

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #573 of 5,554
Quote:

oh and Mr.Toad, can you post some pictures of how it looks on your ears? i can't decide between clear, beige, or with faceplate designs... thankss

Musicians love beige because it makes the IEMs fairly invisible on stage. However, used offstage, beige may cause people to think that you are wearing hearing aids.

(And you might not care. But it isn't a very popular colour for this reason...)

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #574 of 5,554

Quote:
Quote:

Musicians love beige because it makes the IEMs fairly invisible on stage. However, used offstage, beige may cause people to think that you are wearing hearing aids.

(And you might not care. But it isn't a very popular colour for this reason...)

yup hahaha, thats actually what i'm looking for... like a conversation starter.... or rather not cause they'll think i'm deaf! lol

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #575 of 5,554

i would contact the thinking group here in singapore, and ask for a westone es5 order form. then fill it out, mail it with the impressions and a cheque (they accept cheque and cash payments) to them. jaben is kind of overpriced in my opinion

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #577 of 5,554

Quote:
I ordered "gun metal", which apparently is a new color that's not listed on the chart. Hopefully it looks nice!

any samples?

where did u see it?

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #578 of 5,554
yeah thinking group is an option... but idk about the price and such.... earplugstore seems like a good price.. correct me if i'm wrong.. 

gun metal? sweet! will be waiting for your pics.. 

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #579 of 5,554
Group buy on ES5?  Sounds intriguing.  UM did a rather nice one on the Mage not so long ago.  Don't know if it went through.

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #583 of 5,554
No samples, I ordered it without seeing it. I asked about a smoke color, and the the lady at Westone suggested I try the gun metal. We'll see if it was a smart choice.

Quote:
Quote:
I ordered "gun metal", which apparently is a new color that's not listed on the chart. Hopefully it looks nice!

any samples?

where did u see it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back