Westone ES5
Nov 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #466 of 5,554
Perhaps I've mis-represented myself, my bad. ): I do not know anyone on head-fi who've had both and liked the JH13 more. Just a personal friend of mine who got through Thinking Group as well. Yes their price is pretty good!

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #467 of 5,554
Quote:
Quote:

I am a big fan of the Triple-Fi which was my daily IEM before the ES5.
[comparisons & details snipped out]
It was very difficult to go back to the Triple-Fi. My IEM usage went down because I have been spoiled. I still respect the TF10 greatly. However, the ES5 is a big upgrade.

i have similar feelings. i liked and respected my triple.fis (the nicer m-audio ie40 version) but when i compared them to the jh13s there was little to compare. you get spoiled by the customs as everything is that much clearer and you hear so much more of the recording with ease. i'm sure this is true with any top tier custom iem vs the better universals out there. just look at the comments about the um3x vs the es3x or es5 - not much of a comparison. big surprise, eh? 
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #469 of 5,554
Wow. More n more ES5 owners in Singapore.
Finally we dun only see JH customs in Singapore.

Nov 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #470 of 5,554
I have to say. Singapore's ES5 pricing is much affordable than compared to Australia.
And juz slightly more ex than US. That makes it so much more attractive than Jaben's pricing for JH13/16.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #471 of 5,554

Quote:
i have similar feelings. i liked and respected my triple.fis (the nicer m-audio ie40 version) but when i compared them to the jh13s there was little to compare. you get spoiled by the customs as everything is that much clearer and you hear so much more of the recording with ease. i'm sure this is true with any top tier custom iem vs the better universals out there. just look at the comments about the um3x vs the es3x or es5 - not much of a comparison. big surprise, eh? 
wink.gif

agreed, on their own your old TF10's dont sound too bad, and i do prefer the FR to that of the coppers i traded you. But the TF10's exhibit the same distortion of very complicated music that the Shure 535's did, which the coppers dont do. and ive determined that this is caused by the size of the sound tubes, so im my case i wont ever buy another non custom IEM, and will avoid universals at all costs because of this. im debating getting the ES5's though 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #472 of 5,554

Quote:
I have to say. Singapore's ES5 pricing is much affordable than compared to Australia.
And juz slightly more ex than US. That makes it so much more attractive than Jaben's pricing for JH13/16.

im also pleasantly surprised at the cost of ES5, since Westone is a big iem company, honestly i was expecting like 1.6-1.8k, that was when i was still debating between Miracle or reshelling my tf10 to 6 drivers, but once i got that ES5 was 1450, i was never in any doubt about which i would get, especially after visiting this thread and reading all the sterling reviews

few more hours before doing my impressions! this is it man!

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #473 of 5,554

Quote:

im also pleasantly surprised at the cost of ES5, since Westone is a big iem company, honestly i was expecting like 1.6-1.8k, that was when i was still debating between Miracle or reshelling my tf10 to 6 drivers, but once i got that ES5 was 1450, i was never in any doubt about which i would get, especially after visiting this thread and reading all the sterling reviews

few more hours before doing my impressions! this is it man!

Nice! U wun regret the decision. The package case that comes with ES5 is very impressive as well, second only to UE's.
After that u can sell ur TF10, UE700 and Super-fi 5. LOL.

Wat colour r u taking? Any custom art?

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #474 of 5,554

Quote:
Nice! U wun regret the decision. The package case that comes with ES5 is very impressive as well, second only to UE's.
After that u can sell ur TF10, UE700 and Super-fi 5. LOL.

Wat colour r u taking? Any custom art?

I took ice blue, saw a thread where a es3x had that colour, very simple and subtle, thus decided on that...sadly no custom art, ex and i wanna keep things simple haha

i hope i can get a good fit on my first try cuz i think i may have screwed the impressions abit...did an open jaw and i was biting the plastic small UE case, i fidgetted slightly and also swallow my saliva 2/3 times, is that gonna affect the fit in anyway?? plus it was in the stock box digisound provides and i went for some event and was walking for like 1hr+, will the impression somehow loses its shape abit from all those shaking?

sorry if i had so much worries haha, as this is my first custom and thus have not much of an experience in protecting the ear molds...

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #476 of 5,554

Quote:
I took ice blue, saw a thread where a es3x had that colour, very simple and subtle, thus decided on that...sadly no custom art, ex and i wanna keep things simple haha

i hope i can get a good fit on my first try cuz i think i may have screwed the impressions abit...did an open jaw and i was biting the plastic small UE case, i fidgetted slightly and also swallow my saliva 2/3 times, is that gonna affect the fit in anyway?? plus it was in the stock box digisound provides and i went for some event and was walking for like 1hr+, will the impression somehow loses its shape abit from all those shaking?

sorry if i had so much worries haha, as this is my first custom and thus have not much of an experience in protecting the ear molds...

Ice blue.. Hmm.. Was it kchew's ES3X u saw? I saw his ES3X live before. Nice setup with TWag cable and iqube.

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #477 of 5,554

Quote:

It'll be fine. The earmolds don't lose their shape so easily. If not, they'll prolly be quite inaccurate by the time they reach their destination after all those handling by shipping personnels or whatnot.

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #479 of 5,554

Quote:
Today my TWag cable should be delivered can't wait to try the ES5 with the TWag.

We demand your impressions as soon as u listen to them!!!!
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back