Westone ES5
Nov 4, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #482 of 5,554
I had the Elite TWag with the memory wire and heat shrink so I sent it in to Whiplash to have the over mold done to it because I hate the memory wire because I wear glasses.  As promised:

I have only listened to 2 songs with the cable and to me the highs sound crisper and the bass seems a little bit tighter. 

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #484 of 5,554

Quote:

Those candy blues look absolutely gorgeous.. Maybe i should have gotten them as well
wink_face.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #485 of 5,554
Wildcard30, they look awesome!!!

I wish I could spend $$$ on TWag cables too.
Is it really worth the $300?

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #486 of 5,554
@joe_siow: yeah i believed so, his setup is neat/tidy and chio!

@asphyxiation: thanks for the reassurances!

@wildcard30: damn that cable looks awesome and nice cover art u got there too!

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #487 of 5,554

Quote:
Wildcard30, they look awesome!!!

I wish I could spend $$$ on TWag cables too.
Is it really worth the $300?

You know that was a big concern of mine as well that's why I bought these used here in the for sale section.  Then again I just bought another one yesterday from Craig.

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #488 of 5,554
when I went to get my impressions done and put my order in at the audiologist, they did not know what the heck I was trying to do.  I mean, they didn't know you can order custom IEMs from Westone.  I had to show them the web site.  They are a dealer and everything so it is really no big deal.  I guess this just illustrates that not many in the general population know about them or that 99% of the business they do is hearing aid related.   Heck, the audiologist showed me her ear molds.  She had some made for a pair of those crappy buds that come with an ipod.  Now she says she wants to order something a lot better.

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #489 of 5,554

Quote:
when I went to get my impressions done and put my order in at the audiologist, they did not know what the heck I was trying to do.  I mean, they didn't know you can order custom IEMs from Westone.  I had to show them the web site.  They are a dealer and everything so it is really no big deal.  I guess this just illustrates that not many in the general population know about them or that 99% of the business they do is hearing aid related.   Heck, the audiologist showed me her ear molds.  She had some made for a pair of those crappy buds that come with an ipod.  Now she says she wants to order something a lot better.

I had the same experience in IL .. Finally i found one dealer who knew IEMs but had no clue about ES5. I had the tell him exactly what he needs to communicate to westone.. Good thing that this forum has so much information otherwise i would be lost ordering on Westone. They really should do a better job on their website. I am working with Kyle now so any mis-communication from audiologists is nipped in bud

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #492 of 5,554
I would like to know if the cable is user friendly.  I mentioned it earlier, but with my JH13 Pro, it is always a tangled mess and it is very frustrating.  I never ran into that with my UE10s, but they had a plastic sleeve around the cable braid.   

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #495 of 5,554
I find it interesting how the ES5 is really taking off in the Far East (Singapore, HK...) where the combination of favorable pricing and free shipping through ThinkingGroup is making it even more competitive than it is in North America relative to the JH13. The agent model is a good one, especially given the good service we are getting from TG.

The moral of the story is that amalgamating trans-Pacific shipping makes a lot of sense for foreign IEM sales. Everybody wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back