We got ljokerl a UM Miracle!
Jan 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #152 of 232
I would like this to be |joker|'s choice, but wouldn't it be seriously cool if there was some way to get any kind of head-fi related artwork on the customs? It would make it something memorable for him, and although it is something that would be completely his choice (maybe he already has a personal artwork in his mind), I personally would have liked to go for it if I were in his shoes (maybe everyone should remember that when they buy one for me in the next decade :p)

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #153 of 232
Its like I said, ugliest color available, HEAD on one ear, FI on the other.  then EVERY time he looks at it, he'll be reminded of the community.  plus it'll be a great conversation starter.  "hey, what's with those vomit green customs?"

i'm kidding of course..

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #154 of 232
^ beauty is in the eye of the beholder, only Mike would know the "value" of those vomit green customs. 

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #155 of 232
While I do agree that the cosmetic details of the customs should ultimately be joker's decision, I also think it'd be sweet if there was something like his avatar on one side and the head-fi logo on the other, or just something that visually links them back to head-fi.  Just my opinion  :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #156 of 232
Just a few more and then we will be good to go. I don't think Mike is going to get artwork but if he does that's on him and once I'm done with accepting the payments I'll have Mike post here as confirmation that he has received payment and has started the next step. 

Once that happens I can go back to buying stuff I don't need :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #157 of 232
^ yes, spend your own money for a change 
tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #159 of 232
Actually you should tell ljokerl that :p He's taking my money too if you haven't noticed.

Side Note: Who sent me 10.62 under the first name Chike? I would like to update a list of those who have donated so ljokerl will know but no idea who that is. Please PM me letting me know it is you as well as your last name for confirmation

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #160 of 232
Updated Post #1 with the members who have donated. Funds have been sent to ljokerl and the process has begun.

Thank you everyone for helping support this cause.

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #161 of 232
Dear Joker,

May your customs fit well the first time and we all hope you enjoy them!

Thanks for everything!

CEE TEE

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #162 of 232
Alright, so rawrster has asked me to come in here at last and confirm receipt of the funds. Posting in this thread is a little weird since I've been trying my best to ignore it these past few weeks. I feel a bit like an award recipient giving an acceptance speech but I'll keep it short - I already spoke my mind in the first thread, anyway.

The funds have indeed been received and already passed on to UM. Big thanks to rawrster for temporarily substituting his own money in place of the missing donations so that this could get underway (in addition to everything else he’s done), though now he won't tell me how much it was. Unfortunately, it was recommended that I wait until after Chinese New Year to submit my impressions to ensure their safety as well as to avoid the extra anxiety of a 6+ week wait, so I will be timing the arrival of my impressions around the 15th-16th of February.

Having read the first and last pages of the thread, I want to address the issue of artwork that has come up. I checked off a pretty simple color scheme when I submitted my order form (though did pick something to compliment my 1964-T). I thought about doing something to commemorate the unique manner in which these Miracles will have been funded but the Head-Fi colors/logo are just too plain, at least without modification. I make a pretty terrible graphic artist, though, so if anyone has any ideas on how to make this work in a way that will still allow me to wear the earphones when all is said and done - feel free to shoot me a PM or post here (since I will now subscribe to this thread).

Lastly, big thanks once again to everyone who donated to make this possible - high-end customs have never even been on my radar so to get a set out of the blue is a heck of a treat. And, of course, an even bigger thanks to rawrster, who has undoubtedly spent many hours organizing this, as well as 12345142, who started the first thread, and everyone who chimed in early on with their opinions and advice.

Quote:
Dear Joker,

May your customs fit well the first time and we all hope you enjoy them!

Ah, I hope so too. Thanks!

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #163 of 232
The list is now completely updated in case you wanted to know exactly who donated.

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #164 of 232
Really surprised rawrster went that extra mile in the funding, hats off to him.

Now the wait begins...The pressure is on UM now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back