We got ljokerl a UM Miracle!
Feb 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #182 of 232
So...any news? I'm dying to know. This is making me want a pair of customs myself, but it's not like I'd be able to finance a pair. Better get started on writing 200 headphone reviews, or designing amp schematics...
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #183 of 232
Actually I just got word on Thursday that UM received my impressions. USPS 6-10 day priority took 20 days as usual but at least my impressions weren't there for CNY. Should be another couple of weeks until the earphones are on their way to me - I've been trying not to get too excited as delays are pretty common with customs.

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #184 of 232
Alright, time to report in. The Miracle arrived earlier this week from UM. I've had a busy week so I've not spent as much time with it as I wanted but my initial impressions are extremely positive. I only have two other full-shell acrylic customs - the 1964EARS 1964-T ($350, review here) and the Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X1 ($189) - and the Miracle beats them handily when it comes to molding quality. I also had my audiologist throw caution to the wind and get the deepest possible impressions, which was painful but has resulted in the Miracle having the longest nozzles of all my customs, which in turn means it has the most secure fit and highest isolation. The isolation is tied with my ACS-tipped Etymotic HF3 for the best I've experienced. 

My initial impressions of the sound put the Miracle a full step above the 1964-T triple-driver customs. Compared to the 1964-T there is more bass, more treble, and a touch more detail. The Miracle is smoother. softer-sounding, and significantly more fluid without losing any clarity, resolution, or texture. The soundstage is large and fairly immersive. There are universals that sound this spacious but none of them fill out the entire stage this well. Those who hate the presentation of the Earsonics SM3 may dislike the Miracle, however, as it has a similar 'surround' feel to it, just slightly less pronounced.

A couple of pics. I got them in clear with a dark purple faceplate and stock UM cabling.

Again. huge thanks to everyone who made this happen. These are amazing earphones and a wonderful gift from the community. And of course, a full review shall be forthcoming.

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #185 of 232
Glad to see them have arrived well and nice! Awesome choice of colors too. Can't wait to see your official review on these guys. :)

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #187 of 232
Very nice Joker!  Glad to hear they aren't letting you down so far.  I asked the same for my impressions and it's been well worth the extra bit of stabbing in the ear.  So would you say the SS is more akin to the SM3 or W4?  I like that the W4 never gets behind me or above or below in comparison.

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #188 of 232
congrats! great color also! Looks like this is THE top of the line iem since it easily sounds better that the 10/10 from your threat!
rolleyes.gif

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #193 of 232
Love the color!  Glad to play a (very!) small part in making this happen.

Mar 25, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #195 of 232
Hey, congrats on the Miracle and thanks for your first impressions! Great pics too, one can easily tell that these have excellent build quality. From what I've read the 1964-T are considered pretty flat, so does "more bass, more treble" mean that these are (slightly) V-shaped or just more extended?

Quote:
Those who hate the presentation of the Earsonics SM3 may dislike the Miracle, however, as it has a similar 'surround' feel to it, just slightly less pronounced.

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back