We got ljokerl a UM Miracle!
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #121 of 232
Quote:
Owned 530s and liked them a lot. Know the 535 pretty well and I would take a JH5 or GR10 over them. JH13s are in a different league. Shure foam tips are great if you find them comfy and they're part of the sig. I doubt custom tips would be as big a deal on these as some others. People have been using UM56s on 530s for some time and it seems to be more about comfort and consistancy than anything else.

Not sure about GR10, but unless they are using some vastly superior driver and housing design to the Ortofon e-Q5 based on the same driver, it is not even close - SE530 blows them away because it blows my e-Q5 away and it blew away the e-Q7 I had before as well. Have you heard JH13?

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #122 of 232
Yes, the JH13 had a dry speed, focus and controlled articulation while not lacking color that's unmatched by the universals. It's the one of this bunch I've heard and why I voted that way.

I've owned both the Grado and Shure and have a pair of 530s close by to try when I like. I haven't heard the Orto but I wouldn't base my opinion on the GR10 based on it. It's like saying a 530 sounds like a tf 10 because their both 3 driver 2 way IEMs or that all moving coil units are identical. I suspect they're much much closer than that but the differences may be the ones you're looking for. Different driver and a different housing that allows a different in ear placement and fit. Bass quantity and fun factor are as good as the shures which is where you had issues with the 5. I'm also not saying the GR10 is better than the Orto as I haven't heard the Orto but they're clearly not identical. Speculate all you want but I've owned both the Grado and Shure. Not saying you'd personally like the GR10 as we're all different but I wouldn't assume anything or judge it until you've actually heard it. I think the proprietary tips are a big asset and I suspect not being able to use them may be holding it back for those that can't. They only come with 3 sizes and the largest aren't that huge. I generally use mid size and these mids are just big enough. The guy that currently has the Shures is a recording engineer, uses Stax or DT931s for phones normally and likes the Grados as much as his beloved 530s from his portable and more from his better better kit and seperate amp.

Enough on this as it's a thread for those that contribute to Joker's customs and I won't respond about universals any longer.

Rawster, are you getting impressions from Joker or is he sending them?

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #123 of 232

Quote:
Not voting, but I'll gladly put down $20 towards this community effort. 

Sorry but there are enough people to pay for the customs. However if someone does not respond to my messages for payment after a certain amount of time I'll let you know.

As of right now there are 20 payments left and then there will be enough to buy the UM Miracle based on the discounted price.

@goodvibes: I talked with Stephen Guo shortly after starting this thread and the process of buying customs for another person seemed a bit complicated having a middle man so what I will be doing is after the funds are collected I will be forwarding the money to ljokerl's paypal account and then he will purchase the UM Miracle and then provide a screen shot or something of purchasing it if anyone needed proof but I don't see the need to but people may want to know that their money actually went to what it was supposed to. After wards ljokerl will get impressions from an audiologist and then ship that and the form for payment to UM in China.

Basically I'm just forwarding the money to ljokerl and he does everything else himself as it is easier. I will have to let Stephen know ljokerl's email and such so since the discount is just for this one time so have to contact him before paying.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #124 of 232
Makes sense. Just curious of how much of a surprise it was going to be. Hope he loves them.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #125 of 232
Well he could easily just check the thread :p

I'm not forwarding any impressions and such since I really don't need more things in the mail related to this stuff and no one will believe me it's for this ;p Also Mike told me he wasn't going to check this thread so it will be somewhat of a surprise when I message him.

I think he will like them however. I may end up with the Miracle (or settle for the Mage) depending on how it sounds and the UM house signature sounds like something he would enjoy.

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #126 of 232
My payment will be a little late because I am currently on the move. I should be able to get the payment in by next week though. :)

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #129 of 232
Should the thread be closed since no more donations are required? I'm not worried about seeing proof of purchase. I just wanna see the UMs once he gets 'em!

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #130 of 232
ooh, haven't been here in a couple days.  will paypal when i get back from class.

yeah, joker has routinely said he enjoys the CK10s a lot, so when i read the first buy joker a custom thread, UM immediately came into my mind.

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #131 of 232
This thread should not be closed. It still suits a purpose and could be a place for when the UM Miracle has actually arrived.

As of right now there are 14 people left to make payments but I do know that one will be late and a different member is on a trip right now so those two may take a while. I'll resend a PM if I don't receive some payments during the weekend.

Also the period for allowing people to join in to donate is over..of course if you want to donate towards a rawrster wants to buy more stuff fund then you are free to do so :)

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #133 of 232
I guess I'm late but I'm in for $20 if you need it, just let me know! :) 

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #134 of 232
I've updated the list of those who have paid. Sometime this weekend (Sunday probably) I'll give those who have not paid another PM reminding them outside of those who I knew ahead of time they wouldn't be online to pay.

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #135 of 232
we should get them in the ugliest color with HEAD on one ear and FI on the other.  would be hilarious.  just a thought 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back