Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
May 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #196 of 270
It very well could be that they won't fit your ears as they were intended, but as long as you're getting a good seal and no pain, it doesn't matter.

May 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #197 of 270
Hello guys, just received my GR07 BE from Lendmeurears.. sibilance is quite obvious straight out the box, but there is a tremendous leap in clarity and detail compared to my loyal Senn CX-400 (5 years). Extremely happy with my upgrade! Now for the burn in :D

May 22, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #198 of 270
I wish there was a little burn in attachment that would tell me how many hours I had on them.

edit: or an oled readout on the shell

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #200 of 270
Hi, I'm new at this forum after lurking here for a couple of weeks now. I used to listen to my music on a iPhone with the Shure E2C and I would like to upgrade. I did a lot of research on this forum and almost made my decision but not entirely so I need your help!

I want to upgrade my source and headphones and my budget is around $300 in total.
Most of the time I listen to deep-house, progressive house, progressive trance and occasionally to hip-hop but not much.

I have chosen the combination of a Colorfly C3 + C&C BH + Vsonic GR07 MKII or GR07 BASS.
And here lies my problem: I'm not sure which Vsonic I should choose. I like bass (needed for my music preferences) but I don't want it to overshadow the mid-range (especially female vocals).

I hope there is someone who can help me with this. And I also would like to know if I spend my $300 the best way with this combination. Thanks for all the help!

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #201 of 270
For trance the Yamaha EPH100 are a better fit, i don't have the GR07 but i do have their new VSD1 and they are excellent phones without a doubt, but they lean more towards vocals, good for trance but the yammies would beat them in the lower end of the spectrum.

Carbo basso are reportedly better, but i'm yet to audition them, and getting them requires going through tenso.

You could try the VDS1 as a cheap way of giving you an idea, they are certainly excellent little phones.

Also the colourfly is very fussy little player, something like a rocoo ba and the yamahas i suggested would be a much better idea, skip the amp for now, as you'll be double amping without a line out. Not to mention the above phones don't require amping as such, you'll see folk like myself amp using a line out, plus the better amps allow for opamp rolling, so you can tune the sound to your liking.

If you really must amp, a cheap way is a Mk1 sansa fuze, custom lod as it requires caps in line, then pick the amp you fancy, a bit like what i've done.

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #203 of 270
BE overshadows female vocals vs MK2 which has plenty of bass already.

Thank you for stating what I already thought.

For trance the Yamaha EPH100 are a better fit, i don't have the GR07 but i do have their new VSD1 and they are excellent phones without a doubt, but they lean more towards vocals, good for trance but the yammies would beat them in the lower end of the spectrum.

Carbo basso are reportedly better, but i'm yet to audition them, and getting them requires going through tenso.

You could try the VDS1 as a cheap way of giving you an idea, they are certainly excellent little phones.

Also the colourfly is very fussy little player, something like a rocoo ba and the yamahas i suggested would be a much better idea, skip the amp for now, as you'll be double amping without a line out. Not to mention the above phones don't require amping as such, you'll see folk like myself amp using a line out, plus the better amps allow for opamp rolling, so you can tune the sound to your liking.

If you really must amp, a cheap way is a Mk1 sansa fuze, custom lod as it requires caps in line, then pick the amp you fancy, a bit like what i've done.

Thank you for your help. Problem is that trance is not the same as deep house or progressive. Also I want bass because it's part of the sound as a whole but I don't want it as biggest part of the sound. Sorry for explaining it so bad but I don't know how to state it in a other way.

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #204 of 270
I have C&C BH / C3 combo here with GR07 MK2.

Using the amps LF switch will create enough bass for your genres, I don't think you'll want much more, personally.

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #205 of 270
Quote:
Thank you for stating what I already thought.
Thank you for your help. Problem is that trance is not the same as deep house or progressive. Also I want bass because it's part of the sound as a whole but I don't want it as biggest part of the sound. Sorry for explaining it so bad but I don't know how to state it in a other way.

Gotcha, by progressive i assumed trance, i forgot about house as well.

If it helps i've just tried my VSD1's with the C3 and it's a great pairing, which is odd as no other phone i have matched well with it,
you get good bass, but vocals come through really well, i think you'll like it.

So i guess you'll be fine doing so, though i still feel an amp won't be necessary, with my phones im level 21 and can go all the way to 35 is need be.

The Vsonics will be powered fine with just the player.

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #206 of 270
Gotcha, by progressive i assumed trance, i forgot about house as well.

If it helps i've just tried my VSD1's with the C3 and it's a great pairing, which is odd as no other phone i have matched well with it,
you get good bass, but vocals come through really well, i think you'll like it.

So i guess you'll be fine doing so, though i still feel an amp won't be necessary, with my phones im level 21 and can go all the way to 35 is need be.

The Vsonics will be powered fine with just the player.

If you look at this post here, many member are using C&C BH / C3 to give it a face lift. It's no so much a matter of power but flavouring the Colorfly and taking the SQ up a notch. Such as detailing, clarity, soundstage, better refinement at higher volumes and increased bass quality.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review#post_9018559

Should check it out Huxely, take your C3 to the next level.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #207 of 270
If you look at this post here, many member are using C&C BH / C3 to give it a face lift. It's no so much a matter of power but flavouring the Colorfly and taking the SQ up a notch. Such as detailing, clarity, soundstage, better refinement at higher volumes and increased bass quality.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review#post_9018559

Should check it out Huxely, take your C3 to the next level.

+1

At its budget cost, it'd be taking 2 steps in the right direction. I run that combo and it performs very well for such a low price.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #208 of 270
Quote:
+1

At its budget cost, it'd be taking 2 steps in the right direction. I run that combo and it performs very well for such a low price.

No need, as i have a P4 warbler for an amp, fully kitted out with the top op amps around, it'll probably spank the C&C BH.

Plus im happy enough using the fuze with a line out, it's as near perfect as i feel i can get, but i'll try the C3 with it just for kicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back