Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
May 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #182 of 270
Quote:
Thanks for your reply, i read the first page hence got compelled to ask the question. originall you scored 
TLDR = FX700>=GR07>IE8

but after gr07 be and mkII what is the ratio' what is ur top fav gr07 be or fx700?

The BE isn't my favorite. I actually think all are equal. If you were to rank them, It would go like this

GR07 BE = MKII >= MKI = FX700.

They're all technical equals, but the sound signatures differ widely.

May 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #183 of 270

Quote:
I despise the ER6(not i) because it completely lacks any decent low end.

I think you'll enjoy the GR07.

HAHA! So true. They're suppose to be here no later than 8PM MST and it's 530PM!! My TF10's have been gone for nearly a year, I have no idea how I suffered so long w/ the Klipsch S4's.

Quote:
Yup RE-Zero sounds nasal because of a 2k spike, RE0s isn't nearly as bad though, even the RE272s is more offensive.

So there's an RE-Zero and an RE0? Really? Would RE1 have been that difficult? That's worse than the 9800GTX!

Quote:
Agree on the RE0; the mids are not nasal or offensive to me, but I find them to lack excitement. Not bad though. My main gripe with the RE0 is the lacking soundstage and somewhat disappointing instrument seperation.. but that treble is so addictive..

I owned the RE0's and the TF10's @ the time. I hated one for what they other had and vice versa. I wanted the RE0's mids w/ a soundstage as wide as the 10's. Instrument separation rocked on the 10's for trance/classical. But then someone would say something on the track and I wouldn't hear it because the mids on the 10's hid under the blankets.

May 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #184 of 270

So Ontrac just stopped by w/ my new GR07...

So not only are they the wrong product, but they've got ear wax on the tips. I ordered from Overstock Deals ~ fulfilled by Amazon because:

1. picture was clearly an MKI/MKII
2. review said he got an MKII
3. Feedback Rating: 4.8 stars over the past 12 months (98,415 ratings)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UNNRX4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is this my fault. Absolutely. Am I disappointed? Not @ all. Here's why:

1. Amazon is refunding me immediately
2. Amazon is letting me keep these GR07 Bass editions for 30 days
3. Amazon is giving me a credit of $20 So it looks like I'll get a chance to compare the MKII's w/ the Bass edition. :D

Now...time to start cleaning w/ 99.9% alcohol...

Edit: Also, I have to purchase this w/ a prepaid visa (hence the amazon over lendmeurears purchase). Ideas of where to buy from next?

Edit2: Is mp4nation.net a safe place to order from?

May 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #185 of 270
The BE isn't my favorite. I actually think all are equal. If you were to rank them, It would go like this

GR07 BE = MKII >= MKI = FX700.

They're all technical equals, but the sound signatures differ widely.

Thanks. I have a gr07 and Iove it. Now feel I need to add another earphone which is as good as gr07 but has little bit more bass. Was looking at ex1000 but as they are discontinued now the other one is mdr-7550. However joker mentioned I cud take a look at fx700 as well, wich is a little bassy and as good as gr07

May 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #186 of 270
Quote:
Thanks. I have a gr07 and Iove it. Now feel I need to add another earphone which is as good as gr07 but has little bit more bass. Was looking at ex1000 but as they are discontinued now the other one is mdr-7550. However joker mentioned I cud take a look at fx700 as well, wich is a little bassy and as good as gr07

I really liked the FX700 as well. One thing to note though is that the treble is very aggressive. It's not sibilant, just very present. I found it best to listen at lower volumes.

If you want to go full-sized, you could look into the HD600 or the DT880.

May 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #187 of 270
I really liked the FX700 as well. One thing to note though is that the treble is very aggressive. It's not sibilant, just very present. I found it best to listen at lower volumes.

If you want to go full-sized, you could look into the HD600 or the DT880.

Yea it was pretty refined treble for all that presence. If I may add, I thought the bass was very aggressive, meaning pretty intense impact. It's characteristic of sound is very different from the GR07 in that the GR07 is very unassuming whereas the FX700 will try to tell you exactly how good it is, but it never struggles.

May 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #188 of 270
Quote:
Yea it was pretty refined treble for all that presence. If I may add, I thought the bass was very aggressive, meaning pretty intense impact. It's characteristic of sound is very different from the GR07 in that the GR07 is very unassuming whereas the FX700 will try to tell you exactly how good it is, but it never struggles.

That's a perfect description! I still stand by what I said about the 07:

GR07: Way more polite than the FX700. I'd say the timbre is on par with the FX700, without that treble tilt, so it sounds more natural (to me at least). Detailing is less aggressive, and the overall signature is more laidback, allowing me to listen for hours without a hint of fatigue. Dynamics on the GR07 are good, but not on the same level of the monster that is the FX700. So on about 10-15% of my library, I found myself longing for the edginess of the FX700. Keep in mind that the remaining 85-90% of my library was done better to my ears by the GR07. One of the things I love about this iem is that it lets me hear my music as it is. It's ever so slightly warm, without really coloring the music. That is not something I can say about the FX700. Not to say that the GR07 is boring; it's what I call a "lady in the street, but a freak in the bed." It's not a stripper with tattoos all over her body, but a girl with a little butterfly on her pelvis where you alone can see it. What my strange analogy implies is that the Gr07 is not an "always on" iem. It has no midbass hump, yet it can rumble your socks off it it needs to. It's still my favorite iem.

I'd describe the FX700 as a Kim Kardashian, and the GR07 as *insert beautiful, wife-type woman here*

May 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #189 of 270
Quote:

That's a perfect description! I still stand by what I said about the 07:

I'd describe the FX700 as a Kim Kardashian, and the GR07 as *insert beautiful, wife-type woman here*

So you're saying the FX700 is hyped for absolutely no reason whatsoever and makes people dumber the longer they listen to it? 

May 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #190 of 270
So you're saying the FX700 is hyped for absolutely no reason whatsoever and makes people dumber the longer they listen to it? 

Haha, I know you're just instigating so I'll let eke wrap his brain around a clever response.

Btw, even though I was half MIA at the time, if I had my MKI when you were asking for your GR07's comparison review, I would have sent it to you.

May 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #191 of 270
Quote:
Haha, I know you're just instigating so I'll let eke wrap his brain around a clever response.

Btw, even though I was half MIA at the time, if I had my MKI when you were asking for your GR07's comparison review, I would have sent it to you.

I wish I would have known! Oh wells...

May 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #192 of 270
I just bought these from Amazon with 2 day shipping.  I got in on a deal for the TF10's a while ago.  They sounded amazing but they felt like I was getting ear-raped after about 20-30 minutes so I sold them.  Since then I've been listening to my modded Koss KSC75's and JVCXX $15 headphones.  I was listening to a song with the jvc's and the simbilance from a certain vocal made me feel like I had been ear-raped again so I had to finally spring for another pair of respectable iems.

May 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #193 of 270
Where did you get them from? Amazon, but which seller?

Also, I posted this in another thread and will probably post in the official, so sorry if you see it 3x.

Here's a couple pics. First one has them being worn the "correct" way. The second pic shows how they have to be for my ears sake. I think for music, there will be no issues. I have no intentions of wearing these for movies or games. What do you guys think?

cables out front, square in ear

cables out bottom, square out

May 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #194 of 270
I'm pretty sure the picture you've labeled the 'correct way' of wearing the GR07s is a bit off. The top left corner of the earpiece (the square part) should be pushed towards your head and the whole piece should be flush. They are basically sitting in your ear at an unnatural angle and I don't think they'd fit anybody properly like that. The way you have the cable pulling them down may be causing the discomfort, so try looping the cable over your ears. If the earpiece won't sit flush inside your ears without putting pressure on any cartilage, I have to say these are not for you. The bottom picture looks as though they are precariously inserted into your ears and it's hard to imagine them being comfortable for long listening sessions as you have them inserted. Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong and I hope I am since they are great iems. Mine are currently being re-cabled by BTG Audio and I'll post pics when I get them back.

May 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #195 of 270

So your saying in the "correct way" to rotate them clockwise?

I saw someone post this pic in the GR07 Bass Edition thread. He/she looks to have a bigger opening in their ear than mine. I know it looks odd w/ the square angled out, but it feels SO much better that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back