Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
May 8, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #169 of 270
Quote:

I'm pretty sure you posted in another thread how the TF10's lack of mids gave you a :frowning2: too, so thanks for that!

Edit: I have a pair of Klipsch S4's and they sound incredibly congested to these ears. I also enjoyed a pair of Ety ER6i's for their clarity til they broke.

Edit2: ALMOST FORGOT! I LOVED the mids on the RE0, but they hurt my ears...bad. Lacked low end, but wow, the mids were engaging.

IMO the mids on the RE0 are nothing special, so hard to say if it would be a step back on the TF10's if you're coming from the RE0. Different? Definitely. I always found that my Sennheiser IE7 had much better mids than the RE0, and the EQ5 is of course no comparison (but in a different price range altogether).

I wonder how the GR07 compares to the RE0 though, as I've unfortunately never had the chance to listen to the former. Do let us know and "enjoy" the wait for now.. :wink:

May 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #173 of 270
Quote:

eke2k6:
I went to pick these up from Amazon today only to discover the seller I wanted to purchase them no longer offered them. Then I found them for $161 w/ prime here: http://www.amazon.com/Vsonic-GR07-Black/dp/B005UNNRX4

Of course I ordered next day for $3.99 more, so an even better deal than the previous $179 + 9 shipping I was going to pay. Anyway, I was wondering if you could compare the GR07's to any of these:

1. 325is - up front, in your face, delicious mids, got me moving
2. Q701 - get lost in the sound stage and instrument separation
3. A900X - my lan party headphone
4. DT880 (250/600) - get lost in the details, especially in the lows
5. HD580 - BORING

I ranked them in order of my favs.

I'm pretty sure you posted in another thread how the TF10's lack of mids gave you a :frowning2: too, so thanks for that!

Edit: I have a pair of Klipsch S4's and they sound incredibly congested to these ears. I also enjoyed a pair of Ety ER6i's for their clarity til they broke.

Edit2: ALMOST FORGOT! I LOVED the mids on the RE0, but they hurt my ears...bad. Lacked low end, but wow, the mids were engaging.

I highlighted the ones I've heard. I owned the RE-Zero for about a day before I ended up selling it. I like forward mids, but it had a spike in the mids that made vocals sound nasaly. The GR07 will be much better than the S4. I really like the DT880 (I sold it to buy the HD600), but the laid back mids made me listen at higher volumes than I'd prefer, and it was a little too hyper for background listening. I despise the ER6(not i) because it completely lacks any decent low end.

I think you'll enjoy the GR07.

May 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #174 of 270
Yup RE-Zero sounds nasal because of a 2k spike, RE0s isn't nearly as bad though, even the RE272s is more offensive.

May 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #176 of 270
If you haven't, try a RE400, though it isn't as airy, which is why some people still prefer the RE0. GR07 is still a bit better than both.

Have you tried grey Monster tips with these? Seems like the way to go...

May 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #177 of 270
Quote:
If you haven't, try a RE400, though it isn't as airy, which is why some people still prefer the RE0. GR07 is still a bit better than both.

Have you tried grey Monster tips with these? Seems like the way to go...

I think I'd rather go for the re0. It's one of those that I always wanted to hear, but never got the chance.

May 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #178 of 270
Yup RE-Zero sounds nasal because of a 2k spike, RE0s isn't nearly as bad though, even the RE272s is more offensive.

Agree on the RE0; the mids are not nasal or offensive to me, but I find them to lack excitement. Not bad though. My main gripe with the RE0 is the lacking soundstage and somewhat disappointing instrument seperation.. but that treble is so addictive..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back