Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Aug 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #392 of 982
Some very interesting impressions FlySweep and well needed for this thread!

You forgot to mention the cable hardly tangles! it's very well behaved!, On opening I must admit I spend a good few minutes staring and touching the soft silky cable texture. I have some bad news though, that soft silky feeling will go away after a few weeks. It will remain soft but loses some of that magic on open box. It still maintains a no memory effect and droops where ever you need it. It just loses some of that specialness.

As for the sound I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. However I still gain best results from my E10 / E11 over sources alone, it may be personal preference but I feel the improvements and extra power make a enough difference to run them amped for me. As you said though no-one should confuse that with GR07 absolutely needing an amp.

Remembering GR07 are a stage monitor they do achieve that goal very well.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #394 of 982
My buddy recently got me the Vsonic GR07 MK2 (already burned-in for over 200 hours) as birthday present..lucky me very attentive fren I have!
wink.gif

Drums sound really fantastic with them, the clarity of hihats, cymbals, snare, kick drums, real tight bass! Pure ear bliss...yum yum!
basshead.gif

I'm having a good time using them on Stanton Moore's albums...

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #395 of 982
Quote:
My buddy recently got me the Vsonic GR07 MK2 (already burned-in for over 200 hours) as birthday present..lucky me very attentive fren I have!
wink.gif

Drums sound really fantastic with them, the clarity of hihats, cymbals, snare, kick drums, real tight bass! Pure ear bliss...yum yum!
basshead.gif

I'm having a good time using them on Stanton Moore's albums...

Stanton Moore?   Good idea!   Just started listening to All Kooked Out with my GR07s...yum yum indeed.
L3000.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #396 of 982
Yeah, I gotta say I'm a massive fan of these IEMs.  

Over the past couple months I've gotten the EPH-100s, JVC 500s, FXD80s, and these.  I put these guys on top, esp. driven from my DragonFly.  Probably about 70-80 hours on them at this point but the sibilance thing only catches me out every so often, and sometimes I do wish for a tab more bass.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #398 of 982
Quote:
Stanton Moore?   Good idea!   Just started listening to All Kooked Out with my GR07s...yum yum indeed.
L3000.gif

I didn't know who he was until reading this post. Then I found this on youtube:

Holy crap! This is orgasmic on the GR07!

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #399 of 982
Quote:

Great find, eke! I already knew some of his work, but that video is awesome! I dare anyone to listen to it with the GR07 and honestly say it doesn't sound absolutely amazing!!! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #400 of 982
How are the highs compared to the fxt90 and fxd80? I remember being very unsatisfied with the (GR07's) lack of resolution in cymbals and violins comparatively. I'm willing to speculate that I had a slightly warmer pair than most or that the mkII has better treble definition.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #403 of 982
Quote:
Unsatisfied with cymbals and violins with which IEM/s?

Exactly.

Though, I feel you may like the MKII more. I think I do. I've grown to really like the extra treble quantity/extension, plus I think the upper mids are a litte bit more forward which makes vocal clarity improve even more. My ears haven't been ravaged by sibilance yet.

Every time I see someone post that the GR07 is bass light, I just want to give him/her one of those slaps Gibbs from NCIS gives his people when they say something stupid. 
Word of advice: if you find the bass to be unnaturally light, switch to the largest of the non-hybrid stock tips. If it's too big, still shove it down. If the bass response improves, then go to the smallest size that allows you to keep the bass response that you hear with the largest stock tips.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #404 of 982
Quote:

He is good, huh? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #405 of 982
Quote:

Every time I see someone post that the GR07 is bass light, I just want to give him/her one of those slaps Gibbs from NCIS gives his people when they say something stupid. 

Was that directed at me?  I didn't say these are bass light, I just prefer signatures with a bit of boost down low.  I'm getting a proper seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back