VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #4,142 of 7,982
Quote:

From some of the pictures and product description, I'd say that's a MK1.1 model. And there aren't any known GR07 fakes...

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #4,143 of 7,982
Hi,

I wanna buy the Vsonic Gr07 at amazon.co.uk: 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VSONIC-R07-Dynamic-isolation-earphones/dp/B005FDXZJU%3FSubscriptionId%3D0EWA6R5AGNW9AA6JF8R2%26tag%3Dalatescouk-price-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB005FDXZJU
ir

Does anyone know if this is the Mk2? And if it is a non-fake?

thanks

The photo and description points to MK1. However the price is close to that of MK2. I would message the seller and ask them which model that is before buying. Don't worry about fakes. To the best of my knowledge there aren't any fake GR07.

Just be very curious about which model you're buying MK1 or MK2 ask the sellers before buying.

Why don't you go for this one, it's cheaper and states MK2.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Vsonic-GR07-R07-MKII-MK2-Flagship-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Black-/320990617668?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4abc882044

Edit: Sorry putente I was writing up as you posted.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #4,144 of 7,982
You guy's have to hear this album with GR07! I came back online especially to share it.

The artists name is Kalya Scintilla. Dance the Spiral Never Ending is an 11 track album on band camp for $6.50

Here's a sample. It's some of the craziest, coolest stuff I've ever heard with my GR07 MK2. Shows what they're fully capable of and expresses their signature well. Really brings out the naturalness in timbre. Strings sound insane!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8UqpSAPZbw [/VIDEO]

You can pick it up here and listen to the tracks, but it's a MUST to have in FLAC or ALAC otherwise it's not as special.

http://kalyascintilla.bandcamp.com/album/dance-the-spiral-never-ending-2

Enjoy!

PS. Damn I love this IEM!

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #4,145 of 7,982
Hmm I have been using the GR07 for like half a year already ! And I am still loving it !
Any good suggestion of amps that will go well with the Telecast T51/S:Flo and the GR07 ?

I mostly listen to Rock. Thanks :)

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #4,147 of 7,982
So Eke was kind enough to send me his set of GR07 MK2's for direct comparison with my MK1 pair. From what I remember reading prior to receiving them, things I expected to hear were very small, subtle differences between the older and new pairs. This was not at all what I found. I don't recall reading what was done in tweaking the driver (or if anything was done at all), since I haven't kept up with the thread very much unfortunately-- so bear with me on this brief comparo. 

I listened to Eke's pair first as soon as the package arrived. I'd been enjoying my TG!334's prior to this, so when I put the MK2's in, I was actually quite surprised at how enjoyable they were immediately after the 334's. I didn't remember the MK1's being like this right after the Fitears. So I went through several of my favorite test tracks, and I found with every one they just handle the whole dynamic range so beautifully. Lows are really deep yet controlled, midrange very full and properly placed (neither recessed, nor overly forward), and highs very clear and very much extended. 

After this session, I got out my MK1 set, queued up the same tracks, and was pretty stunned at the differences. This wasn't subtleties at all. In comparison, the MK1's show a much more choked in and one-dimensional soundstage, and the midrange is noticeably thinner (almost more of a sterile feeling to this area) and pulled back. Treble seems about the same, with the newer version possibly having a touch less 'hotness' up top. Bass is perhaps a touch less extended on the MK1's too. So, overall, these areas combined really make for a hugely improved earphone with the MK2.

So what I'm left to believe is either they made quite a few changes to the driver to gain this amount of benefit, or my pair is not a prime example of what the MK1 is capable of. And I feel that what I hear between the two is significantly more than can be explained by improving the cable. Having heard  the MK2, I feel it is even more of a huge value in the IEM world, and I will be ordering a pair even when I have the MK1's. 

Here are some images to compare. The molded parts on the MK2's look a touch blacker, and as is plainly noticeable the cable coating is more of a copper color. And the silver strands are hinted at barely through the almost opaque coating. 

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #4,148 of 7,982
Quote:
The photo and description points to MK1. However the price is close to that of MK2. I would message the seller and ask them which model that is before buying. Don't worry about fakes. To the best of my knowledge there aren't any fake GR07.
Just be very curious about which model you're buying MK1 or MK2 ask the sellers before buying.
Why don't you go for this one, it's cheaper and states MK2.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Vsonic-GR07-R07-MKII-MK2-Flagship-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Black-/320990617668?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4abc882044
Edit: Sorry putente I was writing up as you posted.

Hi thanks alot once again for the advice. Problem is that it takes 15-30 working days before it arrives :p Amazon takes 3-4 working days. I'm also not from UK, but from holland.
Prices are more expensive on ebay.nl (the dutch site) sadly.

Update: decided to buy it from the dutch variant of the link you posted. Ordered it and I hope it will arrive within a month lol.

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #4,149 of 7,982
Quote:
So Eke was kind enough to send me his set of GR07 MK2's for direct comparison with my MK1 pair. From what I remember reading prior to receiving them, things I expected to hear were very small, subtle differences between the older and new pairs. This was not at all what I found. I don't recall reading what was done in tweaking the driver (or if anything was done at all), since I haven't kept up with the thread very much unfortunately-- so bear with me on this brief comparo. 

I listened to Eke's pair first as soon as the package arrived. I'd been enjoying my TG!334's prior to this, so when I put the MK2's in, I was actually quite surprised at how enjoyable they were immediately after the 334's. I didn't remember the MK1's being like this right after the Fitears. So I went through several of my favorite test tracks, and I found with every one they just handle the whole dynamic range so beautifully. Lows are really deep yet controlled, midrange very full and properly placed (neither recessed, nor overly forward), and highs very clear and very much extended. 

After this session, I got out my MK1 set, queued up the same tracks, and was pretty stunned at the differences. This wasn't subtleties at all. In comparison, the MK1's show a much more choked in and one-dimensional soundstage, and the midrange is noticeably thinner (almost more of a sterile feeling to this area) and pulled back. Treble seems about the same, with the newer version possibly having a touch less 'hotness' up top. Bass is perhaps a touch less extended on the MK1's too. So, overall, these areas combined really make for a hugely improved earphone with the MK2.

So what I'm left to believe is either they made quite a few changes to the driver to gain this amount of benefit, or my pair is not a prime example of what the MK1 is capable of. And I feel that what I hear between the two is significantly more than can be explained by improving the cable. Having heard  the MK2, I feel it is even more of a huge value in the IEM world, and I will be ordering a pair even when I have the MK1's. 

Here are some images to compare. The molded parts on the MK2's look a touch blacker, and as is plainly noticeable the cable coating is more of a copper color. And the silver strands are hinted at barely through the almost opaque coating. 

cn11 thanks for that great review, and thanks for sending those to him to hear, eke. Very interesting (and I know cn11 and I hear things quite similarly). I'm almost tempted to try these but I have too many other things on the plate ahead of these. The full Audiofly reviews need to be posted soon (I really love their AF56 and AF78); I'm waiting for my AS-2 by Aurisonic; I should have the 1964 EARS V6 soon (very excited about this six-driver audiophile IEM by my first customs company); and I'm all in for the Vsonic GR08 hybrid when it's released. 

Other than that, I am really satisfied (and keep getting blown away each time I listen) with the JVC FXD80/D70 earphones and S500 headphone. In my opinion, no universal earphone or headphone punch significantly pass its price point than these three (thank to JVC's wonder carbon nanotubes technology - which is different than that they've done in the past with carbon diaphragms).

Also, I still listen quite extensively to my ASG-1.2 and the Quad custom. And for bass, the FAD Adagio III is really making an impression on my ears. Hopefully I can quit and slow down once the new batch of IEMs I'm waiting for come in. Oh, I'm addicted to hybrids and dual drivers earphones now, so you know I had to order the cheap (but I'm reading quite good) Brainwavz dual dynamic R1. Great comparison review though. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #4,150 of 7,982
Quote:

/ AF56 and /AF78)/ AS-2 by Aurisonic; /1964 EARS V6  /Vsonic GR08 hybrid  /JVC FXD80/D70 earphones and /S500  /ASG-1.2 and the /Quad custom.  /FAD Adagio III / Brainwavz dual dynamic R1. 

Wow man. We need an intervention lol. 

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #4,151 of 7,982
Oct 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #4,152 of 7,982
I can't keep up the pace lately, unfortunately. There's many earphones and headphones I wish I could give a try, since so much new stuff has come out. Feel like I'm falling behind a bit with the 'must hear' items. 

I will say I have placed an order for the GR07 MK2 though, and my MK1 set will be up for sale soon cheap!

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #4,153 of 7,982
My go to earphones now (outside of my custom) is the FXD80/70 and the W4. I guess that will tell how highly I think about the new JVCs right now.

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #4,154 of 7,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I went through several of my favorite test tracks, and I found with every one they just handle the whole dynamic range so beautifully. Lows are really deep yet controlled, midrange very full and properly placed (neither recessed, nor overly forward), and highs very clear and very much extended. 

How are the dynamics compared to the MK1?  If they are improved, I would be willing to give the MK2 a shot.

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #4,155 of 7,982
Quote:

How are the dynamics compared to the MK1?  If they are improved, I would be willing to give the MK2 a shot.

The way I'm hearing it, I think there's a touch more bass extension with the MK2, but treble is probably about the same extension-wise, just not quite as hot. However the overall sensation with the increase in soundstage, and the much better midrange, is that of a more dynamic phone for sure.

Edit:
...Or richer, and more spacious sounding I should say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back