USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 12, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #2,718 of 6,159
I have Himedia Q10 Pro Android TV that has been running w/ UAPP for 3 yrs already.

Knew users who were running theirs (Android TV of various models) for about the same time also.

Just like Android smartphones and DAPs however, not all are the same.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,719 of 6,159
I am also using the App for an Android TV box (generic), due to the wisdom of Mickey. In my case the HDD is attached to the Android TV box via USB, as is a wireless mouse/keyboard and my Topping DAC. It works pretty good, not perfect but OK for now. Biggest problem I have is that my HDD has about 80,000 songs which makes reading the files folders a long process....but that is probably the fault of the Android TV box....and why it freezes up at times.

BTW, MICKEY, which version of the App are you using now??

May 12, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #2,720 of 6,159
The latest bro.

May 13, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #2,721 of 6,159
May 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #2,723 of 6,159
Hi all,
Anyone like me got the problem with LG V35 on playing DSD file(*.dsf)?
With using Hires drive ,it can not play...even some time randomly will work or play without sound.

I don't know if it will need to setup any where to let it convertto PCM or iit will play as DOP or native ?

May 20, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #2,724 of 6,159
Hi all,
Anyone like me got the problem with LG V35 on playing DSD file(*.dsf)?
With using Hires drive ,it can not play...even some time randomly will work or play without sound.

I don't know if it will need to setup any where to let it convertto PCM or iit will play as DOP or native ?

That is only likely to happen when the Quad DAC is not activated or the HiRes driver flags/format has been changed

May 20, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,726 of 6,159
I don't know if I changed anything, just some time I tried to change the DSD mode in usb audio. In the same condition it play wav/flac file normally in direct mode so this issue only occur with dsf file.

The USB audio sections are unrelated to the internal hires audio. What kind of dsf file is it (which sample rate like DSD64/128/256)?

May 20, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,727 of 6,159
Creative Labs Super X-Fi AMP working perfectly with UAPP and Galaxy S10.
Creative claims in their site that there is an incompatibility between S10 series and X-Fi AMP. That's true and the Amp wouldn't work correctly no matter which music app I tried. Every 5-8 seconds, some clicking sounds would appear. UAPP is not affected by that issue and works great.
It makes me wonder about Creative Labs. How is it possible for a (probably) smalller company to address the issue and Creative could not find a way to fix it?
Never mind, Creative's player was awful anyway. I have to give PowerAmp up and lose all its useful features and its great UI. UAPP sounds much better, but it needs serious UI improvements.

May 20, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #2,728 of 6,159
Creative Labs Super X-Fi AMP working perfectly with UAPP and Galaxy S10.
Creative claims in their site that there is an incompatibility between S10 series and X-Fi AMP. That's true and the Amp wouldn't work correctly no matter which music app I tried. Every 5-8 seconds, some clicking sounds would appear. UAPP is not affected by that issue and works great.
It makes me wonder about Creative Labs. How is it possible for a (probably) smalller company to address the issue and Creative could not find a way to fix it?
Never mind, Creative's player was awful anyway. I have to give PowerAmp up and lose all its useful features and its great UI. UAPP sounds much better, but it needs serious UI improvements.

Good to hear it works. Please let us know what improvements you would like to see. Note that we are not going to do the toy look of PowerAmp.

May 20, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #2,730 of 6,159
Good to hear it works. Please let us know what improvements you would like to see. Note that we are not going to do the toy look of PowerAmp.

You belong in the developing team of this miracle! I can't thank you enough, you made my amp useful, where even its engineers (Creative) could not find a solution. Great work.
What improvements I'd like to see?
-Cleaner side panel with a bigger font. Maybe you could group some of the services there
-Add some presets for the EQ. I am novice to the use of equaliser and some presets would be nice.
-Download and embed album art. It would be nice if we could just press on the song and UAPP could find the album art based on the tags. Right now, first we have to download the album art and then embed it, it takes a few steps more.
-Add a few more widgets or allow us to customize existing one.
Once again, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back