USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 25, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #2,746 of 6,188
Considering a Fiio M11 or a Hiby R6 Pro.

From what I've read UAPP will not work on the M11.

Will it work on the R6 Pro and especially playback MQA via Tidal integration as I have the MQA add-in ?

May 25, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #2,749 of 6,188
I confirm it works just fine on my Hiby R6 Pro.
Same here.

But only first unfold. While the R3 has hardware support for full unfold, the R6 Pro does not. Uncertain if Hiby will ever update the R6 Pro to support it (they did update the R3 through over the air update).

May 27, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #2,750 of 6,188
By the way, there is a small, somewhat annoying bug that occurs using USB Audio Player Pro on the Hiby R6 Pro. When using Native DSD Playback, upon manually selecting a DSD track (while playing another DSD track), you get a "failed to find or setup HiRes DAC!" error, this also happens if you go to the next or previous track and that track is a DSD track. You then have to press the play button again to resume playback. This does not occur if you let USBAPP get to the next track automatically, this only occurs when manually selecting a track or going to the previous/next track.

May 27, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #2,751 of 6,188
Couple of bug reports. No thumbnail when favourite artist list is selected, and when the phone is rotated, the list disappears completely. Even when the phone is rotated back to portrait mode, the list only comes back once you exit the list and go back in. This is using a Xiaomi Mi Max 3 running Miui 10.3.

Screenshot_2019-05-27-13-33-00-066_com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro.png
Screenshot_2019-05-27-13-33-33-202_com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro.png

May 30, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #2,754 of 6,188
@Davy Wentzler , this is such an impressive piece of work and I really do hope you're proud of what you've been able to do so far. Without a shred of shame, I bought the app, both Toneboosters DSPs, and the MQA add-on...and now I just look at my Monolith 788 Desktop and Opus#1 wondering when they're going to get used next because the sound out of my OnePlus 6 is back to being awesome again. Didn't think there would be this much a difference between Android's sound processing and the HiRes codec nor between Poweramp 3 and UAPP, but I'm completely blown away. Just...wow.

Love that you've been continuously adding features and turning around bug fixes as quick as you have as well. Please count me in if you need someone to beta new features. Would love to be able to help out if I can.

I also really hope Spotify can understand the value UAPP adds to their platform if they just release to you the information you need to incorporate it. Tidal, Qobuz, and GPM are definitely getting some market share from Spotify's reluctance.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #2,755 of 6,188
@Davy Wentzler , this is such an impressive piece of work and I really do hope you're proud of what you've been able to do so far. Without a shred of shame, I bought the app, both Toneboosters DSPs, and the MQA add-on...and now I just look at my Monolith 788 Desktop and Opus#1 wondering when they're going to get used next because the sound out of my OnePlus 6 is back to being awesome again. Didn't think there would be this much a difference between Android's sound processing and the HiRes codec nor between Poweramp 3 and UAPP, but I'm completely blown away. Just...wow.

Love that you've been continuously adding features and turning around bug fixes as quick as you have as well. Please count me in if you need someone to beta new features. Would love to be able to help out if I can.

I also really hope Spotify can understand the value UAPP adds to their platform if they just release to you the information you need to incorporate it. Tidal, Qobuz, and GPM are definitely getting some market share from Spotify's reluctance.

Many thanks for the compliments and purchases, I really appreciate it! The information to support Spotify is public, it's just that it cannot be used in paid apps.

May 31, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #2,756 of 6,188
UAPP does not support offline mode.
New to UAPP and Tidal... saw this post from a long while back.. is this still the case that UAPP does not support offline mode for Tidal?

I purchased UAPP and the MQA add-on... this app is amazing. Best one I've used.
Actually more of a Qobuz fan than Tidal in terms of format, but until the catalog is up to par, I've switched back to Tidal for now.

Any info appreciated.

@Davy Wentzler

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #2,757 of 6,188
It is not that UAPP does not support offline.mode. But Tidal won't allow it.

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #2,758 of 6,188
New to UAPP and Tidal... saw this post from a long while back.. is this still the case that UAPP does not support offline mode for Tidal?

I purchased UAPP and the MQA add-on... this app is amazing. Best one I've used.
Actually more of a Qobuz fan than Tidal in terms of format, but until the catalog is up to par, I've switched back to Tidal for now.

Any info appreciated.

@Davy Wentzler
Only Tidal's own mobile app supports offline playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back