USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 20, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #2,731 of 6,188
Thanks for your feedback! You can disable items you don't want in the side panel. The fonts are just default as they are used in any material design app.

Presets are a marketing thing. EQ-ing is done in expensive studios, including for the genre. EQ should only be used for correction. That's why we don't include it, since it's just a gimmick and UAPP is not the place for gimmicks.

Downloading album art is on or over the edge what is allowed. Google's policies state:

"
Here are some examples of copyrighted content that is often used without authorization or a legally valid reason:

• Cover art for music albums, video games, and books."
You may think that it's just how you interpret it, but since we have to live from app sales, we cannot take the risk. Furthermore, Google also states that because one app does it, it didn'do mean it is allowed. Of course, we tried various ways to get them to answer whether downloading album art is allowed, but they just say to get a lawyer answer that. Very helpful..

May 20, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #2,732 of 6,188
Very nice Tidal integration. The UAPP Tidal integration looks better than the actual tidal app. One feature I miss whilst using the LG V30 phone (compared to most DAP's) is the ability to change tracks without taking the device out of my pocket etc ( track change keys).

Would it be possible to provide a feature where by some quick gesture the volume keys could be used to change tracks?.

For example.
* A Quick press of the volume keys 'down/up/down', within two seconds, activates track next (volume up) and track previous (volume down) mode. Volume keys=Change track mode, remains active for maybe two seconds or so and then normal volume operation is restored.

I presume this idea as been discussed before. Maybe it can't be done due to the android system?.

[whoops!, I was directed to the wrong thread. As it's player pro not recorder pro I was referring to]

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #2,733 of 6,188
Good to hear it works. Please let us know what improvements you would like to see. Note that we are not going to do the toy look of PowerAmp.
The USB audio sections are unrelated to the internal hires audio. What kind of dsf file is it (which sample rate like DSD64/128/256)?
Yes, of course I know.
I tried to test dsd128 and dsd256, result is the same. my phone is lg v35 korean variant on Pie.

May 21, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #2,734 of 6,188
May 21, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #2,736 of 6,188
Presets are a marketing thing. EQ-ing is done in expensive studios, including for the genre. EQ should only be used for correction. That's why we don't include it, since it's just a gimmick and UAPP is not the place for gimmicks.

Davy, I am a bit confused, since you do include a parametric Equalizer in your app.
Or are you only referring to EQ Presets as gimmicks?
BTW, I like your paramatric EQ, I think I succeeded in improving the sound quality of my headphone with the help of your EQ.
Actually to increase the number of bands from a six to a ten band EQ would be great, since you could fine tune even better.

May 21, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #2,737 of 6,188
Davy, I am a bit confused, since you do include a parametric Equalizer in your app.
Or are you only referring to EQ Presets as gimmicks?
BTW, I like your paramatric EQ, I think I succeeded in improving the sound quality of my headphone with the help of your EQ.
Actually to increase the number of bands from a six to a ten band EQ would be great, since you could fine tune even better.

I'm referring to genre presets, like Rock/Jazz/Metal.

May 24, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #2,739 of 6,188
Sorry if this has already been mentioned:

I'm on Android. When I'm on a screen that shows all the albums / songs that include a particular artist, how do I shuffle or play all the items from that artist?

If I go up top right and hit Shuffle All it shuffles my ENTIRE my music collection. Always.

I only want UAPP to shuffle everything that I see on my current screen (in this case, all the songs or albums that feature this particular artist). I'm certainly not going to click on each one and hit Add to Queue twenty-something times...

May 24, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #2,740 of 6,188
Sorry if this has already been mentioned:

I'm on Android. When I'm on a screen that shows all the albums / songs that include a particular artist, how do I shuffle or play all the items from that artist?

If I go up top right and hit Shuffle All it shuffles my ENTIRE my music collection. Always.

I only want UAPP to shuffle everything that I see on my current screen (in this case, all the songs or albums that feature this particular artist). I'm certainly not going to click on each one and hit Add to Queue twenty-something times...

Sounds like the 5.1.8 update that has just started rolling out 5 minutes ago is what you need. Until that time, please go one screen back, tap the 3-dot icon of the artist and select 'Shuffle all'. 5.1.8 will show several buttons including shuffle on top of the screen that shows the albums of an artist.

May 24, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #2,741 of 6,188
Sounds like the 5.1.8 update that has just started rolling out 5 minutes ago is what you need. Until that time, please go one screen back, tap the 3-dot icon of the artist and select 'Shuffle all'. 5.1.8 will show several buttons including shuffle on top of the screen that shows the albums of an artist.

Yes, I'm on 5.1.7. The problem with tapping the 3 dot icon of the artist is that it only queues songs made by that artist ALONE.

Artists often work in collaboration with others, so if I search for Alan Walker, the results will be

Alan Walker
Alan Walker and ABC
Alan Walker and XYZ
Alan Walker and 123
Alan Walker and 098
Etc, etc, etc.

I want to queue up everything on this screen. I want to listen to everything this particular artist has done, collaboration or not.

May 24, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #2,742 of 6,188
Yes, I'm on 5.1.7. The problem with tapping the 3 dot icon of the artist is that it only queues songs made by that artist ALONE.

Artists often work in collaboration with others, so if I search for Alan Walker, the results will be

Alan Walker
Alan Walker and ABC
Alan Walker and XYZ
Alan Walker and 123
Alan Walker and 098
Etc, etc, etc.

I want to queue up everything on this screen. I want to listen to everything this particular artist has done, collaboration or not.

I'm not sure what you mean. It fetches all albums of the artist selected and queues them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back