USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #2,686 of 6,188
The Google player implementation seems to be very unstable. Disconnects quite often with a variety of error messages. Spotify on Sonarworks is much more stable and it's a free beta. Frustrating.
Also still experiencing music halting with the default app notification checking for UAPP popping up when using other music apps.
Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #2,687 of 6,188
The Google player implementation seems to be very unstable. Disconnects quite often with a variety of error messages. Spotify on Sonarworks is much more stable and it's a free beta. Frustrating.
Also still experiencing music halting with the default app notification checking for UAPP popping up when using other music apps.
Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Please exclude UAPP from battery optimisation in the Android settings. UAPP does not stream from Google Music: it downloads (it has to) the whole track before playback starts, so during playback of one track, a disconnect is impossible.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #2,688 of 6,188
Please exclude UAPP from battery optimisation in the Android settings. UAPP does not stream from Google Music: it downloads (it has to) the whole track before playback starts, so during playback of one track, a disconnect is impossible.
thanks.

The disconnection is happening to me. When I say disconnect I mean playback stops, I get one of a few different error messages, and whichever dac/amp I'm using disconnects.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #2,689 of 6,188
thanks.

The disconnection is happening to me. When I say disconnect I mean playback stops, I get one of a few different error messages, and whichever dac/amp I'm using disconnects.

That's possible, but should not be dependent on Google Music. Could you please tell which error messages you get?

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #2,694 of 6,188
@Davy Wentzler

Is there any possibility of a none google store version of UAPP in the future ?

It would allow owners of android devices without google store such as FIIO M11 DAP to also buy your app.

It will allow for much more, so no, that won't be possible. Think of all extra things we have to make: server checks, an update server, in-app purchase handling, etc.

May 2, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #2,696 of 6,188
@Davy Wentzler : Have you ever used the HIFY app?
The app is used to add DLNA renderer as an output option into the spotify menu.
It work so far although it has some hickups.
In the HIFY app you can coose between: LPCM, WAV(default) and OGG.

Unfortunately only WAV seems to work.

Now my questions concerning the sound quality:

1.) Is WAV ok to get the best quality for bit perfect playback?
2.) Does the UAPP renderer maybe also take OGG - this would probably be the best option for Spotify (?)

May 2, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #2,698 of 6,188
@Davy Wentzler : Have you ever used the HIFY app?
The app is used to add DLNA renderer as an output option into the spotify menu.
It work so far although it has some hickups.
In the HIFY app you can coose between: LPCM, WAV(default) and OGG.

Unfortunately only WAV seems to work.

Now my questions concerning the sound quality:

1.) Is WAV ok to get the best quality for bit perfect playback?
2.) Does the UAPP renderer maybe also take OGG - this would probably be the best option for Spotify (?)

WAV would be best. It won't be real bit-perfect because Spotify streams mp3. The UAPP renderer takes any format including OGG, but that would be a loss in quality.

May 2, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #2,700 of 6,188
WAV would be best. It won't be real bit-perfect because Spotify streams mp3. The UAPP renderer takes any format including OGG, but that would be a loss in quality.

The developer of Hify said it is OGG coming from Spotify which is why I thought this would be the format with the least transformations from Spotify (maybe only OGG decoding and then directly D/A).
I try to follow up with the developer because the HIFY - UAPP package could be a good option (SQ wise) for Spotify streaming.

Unfortunately the app seems to be a bit buggy right now. No pause, no volume control, but the worst: pretty often the playback stops, mostly after a song ended...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back