USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 25, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #5,971 of 6,187
Sorry if the sollution has been written already on this big forum post. My situation: I would like a dap with music stored on an external microsd card. I also would like to extend the music library with a dlna (upnp) Nas. I have an Android smartphone with Usb audio player pro. And I have an external dac. My question: I would like to connect the Dap via usb to the external dac. I would like to control the Dap with my smarthphone (and leave the dap untouched). Would that be possible?
It might all depend on the Dap. It might have to be an Android dap (or Shanling)? Any Dap recommenations with a budget of up to 500 euro?
I'm not sure about DLNA (I access the files stored on my NAS using Solid Explorer) but aside from that, the Hiby R6 Gen III should fit your needs perfectly. It takes up to 1TB MicroSD cards, runs UAPP nicely, can play through an external DAC or as a DAC/Amp, has an app called HibyCast which lets you control it from your phone, and it runs Andoid 12 so you can run most Android apps on it. It sounds lovely, slighly warm but very nice to listen to.

If you can stretch a bit further, the Hiby R6 Pro II is even better with a more neutral but noticeably better sound quality (I recently upgraded).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #5,973 of 6,187
I'm not sure about DLNA (I access the files stored on my NAS using Solid Explorer) but aside from that, the Hiby R6 Gen III should fit your needs perfectly. It takes up to 1TB MicroSD cards, runs UAPP nicely, can play through an external DAC or as a DAC/Amp, has an app called HibyCast which lets you control it from your phone, and it runs Andoid 12 so you can run most Android apps on it. It sounds lovely, slighly warm but very nice to listen to.

If you can stretch a bit further, the Hiby R6 Pro II is even better with a more neutral but noticeably better sound quality (I recently upgraded).
Thanks! I think I will consider the Hiby R6 III (Android 12). Currently, I just bought a Diskstation DS124. I still have to test it with my smartphone using Bubbleupnp to stream to the Wiim pro. I have a lot of dsf files (and sacd iso's) on the nas. I don't think I will be able to play the dsd files on the Wiim pro. Excuse me for going off topic. And on top, I won't be able to stream native dsd (the Soul dac does not play dsd).

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #5,974 of 6,187
That`s what I was asking... Mine it can detect my streamer but that's it...

With BubbleUPnP I can...

Well we'll wait im afraid..after all its Beta.
Hi,

I don't undersatnd your post.
Does UAPP detect your renderer ?
If so, try to hit the small wheel behind it's name and try to check "Use Bit-Perfect when possible".
For me, that helped.

But on my renderer, like any other third-party app, I have to wait at least 5 to 6 sdeconds between tracks :frowning2:

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #5,975 of 6,187
Hi,

For me the UAPP "Cast to DLNA" function is really a work that needs a LOT OF WORK.
But I am pretty confident that work will be done and I hope to be able to use that app as the only app to drive my Shanling EH-3.

So let's wait for some updates.
I'm sure they will come in due time :)

Regards.

Oct 25, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #5,976 of 6,187
OK mine worked (need i think to wait a bit at first but now its instant) with the following settings:

Screenshot_20231025_221614_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
Screenshot_20231025_221642_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
Screenshot_20231025_221505_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Playing now DXD (352.8Kz/24bit) files (see below third image). So far I could only play PCM. Need to discover still how to play DSD. Option to "Force sending DSD as PCM" doesn't work on mine so I unchecked it.

Yes as @PenguinHeadphoner had said, (also in my case) need to enable ""Use Bit-Perfect when possible". Once set/saved, need to restart app and choose again your UPnP device.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #5,979 of 6,187

I bought a Astell&kern S35 from a Headfi'er. It turned out we had met each other already in Belgium 😀. I can control the dap by enabling Ak Connect on the dap and using BubbleUpnp on the smartphone

Oct 29, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #5,980 of 6,187
OK mine worked (need i think to wait a bit at first but now its instant) with the following settings:

Screenshot_20231025_221614_USB Audio Player PRO.jpgScreenshot_20231025_221642_USB Audio Player PRO.jpgScreenshot_20231025_221505_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Playing now DXD (352.8Kz/24bit) files (see below third image). So far I could only play PCM. Need to discover still how to play DSD. Option to "Force sending DSD as PCM" doesn't work on mine so I unchecked it.

Yes as @PenguinHeadphoner had said, (also in my case) need to enable ""Use Bit-Perfect when possible". Once set/saved, need to restart app and choose again your UPnP device.
Got mine to work aswell but had to disable gapples playback

Oct 30, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #5,982 of 6,187
Need to restart program

Oct 31, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #5,984 of 6,187
Installed the new UAPP beta 6.1.3.8 and its embedded Tidal now functions 100% on my Shanling M6 Pro 21 w/Android 7.1.1 (firmware 1.29).

--FLAC 16/44.1 check
--FLAC 24/96 check
--FLAC 24/192 check
--MQA (all bit/sample rates I can find) check

Everything plays now with the beta. Been waiting for this for a long time, on this machine, in the Tidal FLAC regime.

On the other hand, on this particular machine, Tidal Android app (latest 2.93 beta) is still hobbled by MQA artifacts even with a firmware update which fixed the FLAC but not the MQA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back