USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 8, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #5,688 of 6,179
Does the eq parametric apply to qobuz?
Yes if you are streaming Qobuz through UAPP. Keep in mind though you will have to disable BitPerfect mode in order to stream and listen to Qobuz through UAPP with Parametric EQ activated.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #5,689 of 6,179
I find myself preferring file management and therefore the tracks to play from folders rather than from the library, but I realized that folders containing more than 39 tracks, the files inside are sorted by name instead of number of the track. Whereas in folders containing 39 or less tracks, sorting is done by track number. How come this thing? I have artist folders with over 39 files containing metadata with track number and I would like to view them sorted by track number

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #5,690 of 6,179
I find myself preferring file management and therefore the tracks to play from folders rather than from the library, but I realized that folders containing more than 39 tracks, the files inside are sorted by name instead of number of the track. Whereas in folders containing 39 or less tracks, sorting is done by track number. How come this thing? I have artist folders with over 39 files containing metadata with track number and I would like to view them sorted by track number
For just this reason I have long been in the habit of using filenames that begin with number, eg - "01 French Suite #1 in D minor, BWV 812, I. Allemande.flac". A freeware tool like MP3Tag (works on other filetypes besides mp3) makes this quite easy.

Jan 12, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #5,691 of 6,179
For just this reason I have long been in the habit of using filenames that begin with number, eg - "01 French Suite #1 in D minor, BWV 812, I. Allemande.flac". A freeware tool like MP3Tag (works on other filetypes besides mp3) makes this quite easy.
I've always done it until recently, but lately I wanted to remove the initial number from my files and that's why I noticed this inconvenience.

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #5,692 of 6,179

Since I mainly use Folder browsing mode, I set up my music storage file structure, and JRiver Media Center to name my tracks, like this:
At the root of the storage (Flash Drive / SDCard), created a folder called Music.
Music / [genre] / [artist] / [album year] - [album] / [disc #]-[track #] [track name] [[artist]].flac

Example:
Music/Celtic/Iona/1990 - Iona/1-01 Turning Tide [Iona].flac

Putting the Artist name in brackets in the title of the track, means that it's visible on my music players that don't read and display the metadata.

Jan 12, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #5,694 of 6,179
I have recently picked up a pair of BT Soundcore 3 Pro IEMs. I am wondering is there anyway to get any benefit of the UAPP MQA unfold while using BT as opposed to a DAC inline with a wired headset.
Phone is a Pixel 7 XL
You will only get the benefit of the first software unfold when using UAPP (MQA Core Decoder) with BT IEMS/headphones; unless the BT IEMS/headphones have MQA rendering capabilities to complete the final unfolds.
Zorloo Zophia and Asus Rog headsets are the only BT rendering IEMs/headphones I am aware of unless someone can shed light otherwise.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #5,695 of 6,179
Brain Damage, my BT IEMs don't do MQA decoding. I was wondering if the UAPP was able to do the 1st software unfold and transmit that quality to the IEMs? and if so, what if any special settings did I need to do since when I first bought UAPP, my understanding is you always needed a DAC connected to the phone's USB....

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #5,697 of 6,179
Is there a way to get this program to stop trying to connect to the internet? When I turn on my DAP, I always see that error. Never happened before I used UAPP.

Jan 14, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #5,698 of 6,179
Brain Damage, my BT IEMs don't do MQA decoding. I was wondering if the UAPP was able to do the 1st software unfold and transmit that quality to the IEMs? and if so, what if any special settings did I need to do since when I first bought UAPP, my understanding is you always needed a DAC connected to the phone's USB....
Yes, UAPP will do the first software unfold before transmitting to your headset. No other settings needed 👍🏻. Apt X HD or LDAC are the best BT codecs you would want to listen to this first unfolded transmission. Open Developer Options in your phone and you can change the default BT codec settings. Best you'll get before an MQA rendering headset.

Jan 15, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #5,699 of 6,179
Question about using UAPP installed on a DAP, RS6. When I output a 24 Bit / 96 kHz FLAC file played through UAPP via the RS6 Bluetooth to Bluetooth speakers, UAPP display shows "Android 44.1", I assume because it is bypassing the RS6 DAC when Bluetooth output is being used. But the strange part is I am outputting AptX HD (24 Bit / 48 kHz) and the speakers confirm that is what is being received (they have a bit rate indicator). So is the UAPP output of 44.1 kHz the quality limiting step, and if so how can I fix this? As you can probably tell I am rather new to Bluetooth and seeking to learn how to get the best quality. Thanks for any insight and help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back