USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 29, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #5,102 of 6,188
I have a few double albums and UAPP splits the album artwork in 2 discs. There's any way of merging it in 1 disc or I would need to tag the album as 1 disc?

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #5,103 of 6,188
I have a few double albums and UAPP splits the album artwork in 2 discs. There's any way of merging it in 1 disc or I would need to tag the album as 1 disc?

Which software did you use to rip & tag your albums?
In JRiver MC, I set the tags for disc numbers (1-4, for some collections), as I ripped my CDs.
I also set the titles of the tracks to have a leading compound number, like "1-03', meaning disc 1, track 3.
If your tracks aren't tagged with disc numbers, there are some easy to use tagging programs, that should allow you to click on groups of tracks, and tag them.

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #5,104 of 6,188
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again! Teanviewer is working really well for me now! Thanks again for your support @m-i-c-k-e-y , truly appreciated. Have enjoyed listening to quite a few of my High Def files now both using my Vintage amp and my Yamaha Receiver. It is difficult to compare though - listening through my Vintage amp has adequate bass but listening through my Yamaha - if I set to "Pure Direct" there's hardly any bass but switch it off and play as 2.1, using my Sub, then you can easily argue the sound quality is the best. More listening to do though. But I have a couple of UAPP questions if I may: -

1. My files are stuctured in folders depending on their Sound Quality - ie; DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 and PCM: 24or32/96, 24or32/192/, 24or32/384. Playing PCM files, going from one category to another is absolutely fine. But playing a DSD64 or DSD128 straight afterwards, again is no problem. However if I stop playing say a DSD64 and then play a DSD128, I get really bad distortion. Only way to sort is to play another PCM file for a few seconds and going back to the DSD file - it then plays nicely. Really strange this but feel sure there is a setting or settings that I need to adjust to stop this? To be sure though it isn't stuttering, just really bad distortion. Switching the tracks, resulting in this distortion, causes a loud "pop" through the speakers, if this helps diagnose.
  2. I am getting really bad stuttering when playing DSD256 files. This isn't related to 1. above. I have adjusted the buffering setting to "1024" (not sure if I should go higher) but it hasn't improved things. Is there another setting I can adjust to try and sort this please?

Thanks again for staying with me and hope someone can help me some more please.

Sep 29, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #5,105 of 6,188
Which software did you use to rip & tag your albums?
In JRiver MC, I set the tags for disc numbers (1-4, for some collections), as I ripped my CDs.
I also set the titles of the tracks to have a leading compound number, like "1-03', meaning disc 1, track 3.
If your tracks aren't tagged with disc numbers, there are some easy to use tagging programs, that should allow you to click on groups of tracks, and tag them.
Thanks for the help. I think I already know the problem since I have 2 folders, CD1 and CD2. I have JRiver and Mp3Tag, so I'll try to sort it out later.

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #5,108 of 6,188
I am on UAPP 5.9.9.9 and Android 11 on my Samsung M11and cannot login into tidal. Qobuz works fine. Any hints?
Thanks

Edit: Okay, new version and Tidal requires new login.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #5,109 of 6,188
Is there any information about UAPP supporting Spotify at any point in the future?

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #5,110 of 6,188
Is there any information about UAPP supporting Spotify at any point in the future?

I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere that Spotify doesn't allow 3rd party apps to access their servers.

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #5,111 of 6,188
finally, the app has a ‘heart’ function. being able to sync it with last.fm would be amazing, but that would be a lot to ask.

regardless, im over the moon about the new feature. finally i can shuffle the best songs in my library without having to manually make playlists. definitely offsets the ugly rounded album art. an option for that would be nice to be honest. the square corners really feel like a record cover, i miss them.
I’m not understanding how the “heart” favoriting system works. How do you shuffle only the songs you hearted in your local library? Also, is there a way to see everything I hearted/liked/favorited (I’m not seeing a filter or list in my library UI).

EDIT: ah, I found out I didn’t have ‘Favourites’ selected on the ‘Library Tabs’ setting. All is right with the world now. Cheers.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #5,112 of 6,188
definitely offsets the ugly rounded album art. an option for that would be nice to be honest. the square corners really feel like a record cover, i miss them.
UAPP v6.0.2.8, Oct 1, 2021 release added an option to turn off rounded corners on the Now Playing screen (only).

Oct 3, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #5,114 of 6,188
UAPP updated to version 6.0.2.7 and than login to Tidal worked again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back