USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 4, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #4,966 of 6,159
Is there a reason I am unable to install Wavelet, UAPP, poweramp, etc to my Astell and Kern SR25? Wavelet just says 'App not installed' when I hit install, UAPP and poweramp prompt for the install and then say "There was a problem parsing the package". I'm really annoyed right now because the native EQ for this DAP is not very customizable, and just trying to find an EQ app that I can customize. I'm using XAPK Installer to install these. So far only Tidal and Spotify have successfully installed.

I don't believe those are on the whitelist:

https://us.astellnkern.com/blogs/news/open-app-service-instructions

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #4,968 of 6,159
Ah, I see... I'm not quite familiar with a lot of those apps - are any of them EQ apps that support parametric eq?

Sorry, I'm not sure. Maybe Foobar2000?

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #4,969 of 6,159
How many of of you have an LG V35 (stock AT&T model from Amazon)? Does UAPP pause/repeat the first fraction of a second, of the first track (flac or mp3), when the app is first started? Everything plays just fine after that... :sunglasses:

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #4,970 of 6,159
I have an LG G8 - anyone have an issue where albums can semi freeze. Music continues playing but I can't select other tracks? Can workaround it fairly easily by going back to menu and going back into the album again or click into "show album" but still a bit annoying.

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #4,972 of 6,159
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #4,973 of 6,159
I just purchased UAPP for the first time and installed it on my Fiio M11 Plus Ltd. I cannot get it to play files properly as it constantly says I do not have a USB DAC attached and defaults it to android mode which locks all play back at 44.1.

How do I set it up on my M11 to play files bit perfect and correctly through the AKM4497 built in DAC?

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #4,975 of 6,159
I just purchased UAPP for the first time and installed it on my Fiio M11 Plus Ltd. I cannot get it to play files properly as it constantly says I do not have a USB DAC attached and defaults it to android mode which locks all play back at 44.1.

How do I set it up on my M11 to play files bit perfect and correctly through the AKM4497 built in DAC?

I would suggest enabling the hi-res driver and checking direct mode under the flags. Play music and watch the status bar to determine if correct bitrate is displayed. You may need to increase the buffer size if you get stutters...

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #4,976 of 6,159
I would suggest enabling the hi-res driver and checking direct mode under the flags. Play music and watch the status bar to determine if correct bitrate is displayed. You may need to increase the buffer size if you get stutters...
How do you get to the Hi-Res Driver? I looked for it and could not find it? Also if I need to where is the buffer setting?

Does having UAPP installed on the M11 Plus cause any issues with the FIO Music App? Just want to make sure it is ok to switch between apps when I need to.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #4,977 of 6,159
How do you get to the Hi-Res Driver? I looked for it and could not find it? Also if I need to where is the buffer setting?

Does having UAPP installed on the M11 Plus cause any issues with the FIO Music App? Just want to make sure it is ok to switch between apps when I need to.
settings->Internal audio driver; select HiRes Direct driver
settings->Internal HiRes audio->HiRes driver flags; select Direct
settings->Internal HiRes audio->Buffer size; select 131072 (may not be needed)

Again, this is a suggestion that often works on some new devices. It may not work for yours.

You may have to exit UAPP completely to get the Fiio app to work (sometimes UAPP takes control of the audio device). I don't have your device to test.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #4,978 of 6,159
Hey, does anyone know if i can control the volume of each channel independently? My right ear cannal is somewhat constricted, causing it to hear about 2-3 db less than my left. I can rectify this easily on my pc, but havent been able to find a solution on android.

Aug 17, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #4,979 of 6,159
Hey, does anyone know if i can control the volume of each channel independently? My right ear cannal is somewhat constricted, causing it to hear about 2-3 db less than my left. I can rectify this easily on my pc, but havent been able to find a solution on android.
Yes there is a channel balance feature in UAPP, just drag the slider a bit left or right depending on preference.

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #4,980 of 6,159
Warning: this is not a generic driver, you can only playback from within this app. It is not possible to use your USB audio device using this software with other apps!
I am troubleshooting using this with my Samsung phone and DAC/AMP. I bought a bad one (iBasso) and had the app working but it would only let me listen to audio in the app. I tried uninstalling it and now I can lsiten to audio on any app. Is this what the warning above means or had I selected something restricting the USB port to just this app? I don't recall doing the latter. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back