USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 25, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #4,786 of 6,177
For those who have been around awhile. Some of you might remember that its been years that I use an Android Box (now a Beelink GT-King) as streamer/network player thru a NAS on my system. With addtional LPS, USB Regen/Reclock and now a DDC (Singxer SU-6) as additions.

Never had explored remote controlling the Android Box since I don't need it. Maybe on a loudspeaker setup but not on headphones in my home work station/desktop.

Well had a little test tonight and say it works using TEAMVIEWER. My smartphone as remote controller and Andoid Box as Host. On this pic it is playing an SACD-ISO on a NAS.

Just to let you know. Or I am already late to the party....

20210424_220324.jpg

Are those Android TV boxes a lot more powerful than getting the latest Raspberry PI 4, attaching a high performance HiFiBerry Audio Hat, and installing Android (if the audio card is supported by Android)?

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #4,787 of 6,177
Depends on model but generally they are more powerful. However RPI are more specialized that you could install audio optimized AES/SPDIF/DAC modules with it.

Chose Android Boxes because:
- easy to purchase
- easy to install and app availability
- generally more powerful.
- no need rocket science to upgrade/enhance features.

Needs LPS and a DDC to really shine though.

Like the one I had 5 years ago. RPI could not do it:

Y5LRFSh[1].jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #4,788 of 6,177
Can anyone help with some troubleshooting? My device (Motorola G7) has OTG model/ USB host and recognises my DAC (Topping DX3) fine. However, no sounds appears to be going via USA (although the phone seems to think it's sending music as when I unplug the USB cable it says 'unable to send data any more' or some error message to that effect.

The website says this:

"If the app recognizes your device and all looks ok until you press play or record and nothing happens or no signal comes in:
  • Your Android device supports USB host, but something is missing in the kernel (or perhaps the hardware) that prevents the use of the required USB isochronous mode for transferring audio data. Device detection is done using other types of communication, which is why it did get detected."
However, it doesn't give any solution. Does this just mean that it won't ever work because of the "something missing" described above?

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #4,789 of 6,177
Try connecting a powered hub in between your phone and dac.

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #4,790 of 6,177
Can anyone help with some troubleshooting? My device (Motorola G7) has OTG model/ USB host and recognises my DAC (Topping DX3) fine. However, no sounds appears to be going via USA (although the phone seems to think it's sending music as when I unplug the USB cable it says 'unable to send data any more' or some error message to that effect.

The website says this:

"If the app recognizes your device and all looks ok until you press play or record and nothing happens or no signal comes in:
  • Your Android device supports USB host, but something is missing in the kernel (or perhaps the hardware) that prevents the use of the required USB isochronous mode for transferring audio data. Device detection is done using other types of communication, which is why it did get detected."
However, it doesn't give any solution. Does this just mean that it won't ever work because of the "something missing" described above?

Try connecting a powered hub in between your phone and dac.

You could try USB Audio Player Pro (trial) and see if that helps:

https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial

If it works, the full version is around $8...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #4,791 of 6,177
I have downloaded the full version of USB Audio Player Pro already and the above happens.

Re: powered USB hub - can you give an example of the type of device on Amazon? And do I connect this directly to the phone or connect the phone to the OTG cable, then to the hub and then to the DAC?

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #4,792 of 6,177
Apr 26, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #4,793 of 6,177
I have it. It will do the trick. Just attach the charger cable (white) on the USB-C port just like this:

7bQ4AUa.jpg

I had this problem many years ago with my LG V20. My old Samsung Note 3 functions well with my DACs. Not my LG V20.
Same problem as above. It recognizes my DACs but could not play. It seems it could not deliver the necessary power for a "hand shake" on my DACs.

Or you could go with the standar powered hub: https://www.amazon.com/RSHTECH-Spli...words=usb-c+powered+hub&qid=1619456564&sr=8-1

lLepG5q.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #4,795 of 6,177
Hi all,

Just purchased the Shanling m3x player, which support MQA 16x unfolding. However when using the UAPP app with MQA purchased plugin and it can only listen 88.2KHz for 352KHz files in inapp Tidal. Any setting is incorrect which disallowedthe unfolding?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-093749.png
    Screenshot_20210428-093749.png
    402.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #4,796 of 6,177
I have running UAPP running on my Ibasso DX160.
Question:
Can I send music via DLNA/UPnP to another streaming/DAC device?
If yes, how can I do that?
Thanks for any help.

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #4,797 of 6,177
Hi all,

Just purchased the Shanling m3x player, which support MQA 16x unfolding. However when using the UAPP app with MQA purchased plugin and it can only listen 88.2KHz for 352KHz files in inapp Tidal. Any setting is incorrect which disallowedthe unfolding?

Thanks.

UAPP is being updated for full support of the M3X at 16x. The changes have already been done and the new version should show up on the Play Store soon.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...lable-march-2021.950199/page-38#post-16311607

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #4,798 of 6,177
I have running UAPP running on my Ibasso DX160.
Question:
Can I send music via DLNA/UPnP to another streaming/DAC device?
If yes, how can I do that?
Thanks for any help.

I don't think you can use UAPP as a DLNA server. Bubbleupnp seems to be the most recommended app for that function (it's what I use).

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #4,799 of 6,177
Thanks. :)
So bubbleupnp can send music stored on the DX160 to a DLNA client, but probably not music from Tidal?
Reason I asked, I would like to use the parametric EQ from UAPP and send this EQ'ed music stream somewhere else.
So I guess that is not possible.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #4,800 of 6,177
Thanks. :)
So bubbleupnp can send music stored on the DX160 to a DLNA client, but probably not music from Tidal?
Reason I asked, I would like to use the parametric EQ from UAPP and send this EQ'ed music stream somewhere else.
So I guess that is not possible.

Bubbleupnp does support Tidal (and Qobuz). I believe the eq would need to be done on the client device itself, but it may vary. I tried with my Denon receiver and there is no eq option in bubbleupnp for that client. Note that when playing locally on my DAP, there is an option for eq which loads the android system equalizer panel. Sorry if I'm not much help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back