USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 12, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #4,756 of 6,195
I’m a little confused with the conversation above, but would I have any improvements (or at least some fun) with the parametric EQ, an LG quad DAC phone and good IEMs? That’s worth a couple bucks.

When I tried demo mode I didn’t hear any difference (I turned bitperfect off).
Meybe first check the default EQ of UAPP. If you go there and check, you will see 10 fixed frequencies: 31, 62, 125, 250 and so on. If you want to be able to manually edit these (so lets say the first one is 31, you can make it 42 or whatever you write in), then you need the parametric EQ.

Is it some fun, i would say yes, for sure.

Is it better than the default EQ, depends on how you want set things. It allows fine tuning. Think about if you need this.

Will it improve the sound quality, no. But it may sound better to you than the BitPerfect if you tune it to your liking. So let's say you listen to BitPerfect on and you wish there was less treble, or more bass, you can 'add' that with the parametric EQ.

Apr 12, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #4,757 of 6,195
I was listening through my iBasso IT01 IEM with a HiBy FC3 usb DAC.
Changed the settings in UAAP to force English and restarted the app.
Pressed play and almost blew my eardrums out? Volume was stupid loud compared to what i was before?
Seems like it randomly determines audio volume on startup or something? Is there a way to fix volume to a certain level on startup?

Apr 12, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #4,759 of 6,195
Random high volume levels from external DAC's is one reason why I don't use them anymore, the number of times my DragonFly Red started up at full volume, I lost count. I found the best way to avoid perforated eardrums was to start the music playing first and then listen from a distance before committing to putting the headphone or IEM on/in.

Apr 12, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #4,760 of 6,195
Meybe first check the default EQ of UAPP. If you go there and check, you will see 10 fixed frequencies: 31, 62, 125, 250 and so on. If you want to be able to manually edit these (so lets say the first one is 31, you can make it 42 or whatever you write in), then you need the parametric EQ.

Is it some fun, i would say yes, for sure.

Is it better than the default EQ, depends on how you want set things. It allows fine tuning. Think about if you need this.

Will it improve the sound quality, no. But it may sound better to you than the BitPerfect if you tune it to your liking. So let's say you listen to BitPerfect on and you wish there was less treble, or more bass, you can 'add' that with the parametric EQ.

I bought it last night and it was fun. Seems nicely developed, I could increase aspects I like but it kept the overall sound clean. One think it helped with a little is one album I like is slightly brickwalled and muddy, it helped clean it up a little.

Apr 13, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #4,761 of 6,195
Still having problem with seek when playing CUE files,
Please solve this annoying issue.

Thanks

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #4,763 of 6,195
Apr 16, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #4,764 of 6,195
Hey guys, is there a way to listen to Tidal offline via UAPP?

No. Tidal doesn't allow third party apps to play offline.

Right - For services that want to protect their "proprietary" (encrypted) programming downloads, they keep the decryption keys secret, in their own apps - and don't make them available to third party apps.

Apr 17, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #4,767 of 6,195
Actually I think it doesn't work on most of android phones because they don't have hi res dacs nor MQA support. Exceptions being lg v series and few others.

Well, mines an LG and they broke that.

Gotta say I’m really enjoying the reco from a few days ago to try the morphit EQ. I’ve boosted the trebles a touch and the bass a touch with my LG phone and U12ts and it’s quite enjoyable. I really like the higher trebles but if I listen too long it’s a little fatiguing. But what a great little add on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back