USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 19, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #4,351 of 6,175
Ambient display is on. That's why I don't understand why it's not working...

Back in July, I made this post about UAPP waking up my phone screen, when tracks change -

~~~
My LG V30 is rooted, and running LinageOS.
Found the OS setting that was causing the screen to come on, and display each track name.
Settings > Display > Advanced > Ambient display > New notifications = ON
Setting New notifications = OFF causes the screen to stay off, as the tracks change.
But it also means that my Texting app won't wake the screen, and display new text messages...
~~~

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #4,352 of 6,175
Back in July, I made this post about UAPP waking up my phone screen, when tracks change -

~~~
My LG V30 is rooted, and running LinageOS.
Found the OS setting that was causing the screen to come on, and display each track name.
Settings > Display > Advanced > Ambient display > New notifications = ON
Setting New notifications = OFF causes the screen to stay off, as the tracks change.
But it also means that my Texting app won't wake the screen, and display new text messages...
~~~
20201219_091744_HDR.jpg

As you can see Ambient is on, as are lock screen notifications.

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #4,353 of 6,175
20201219_091744_HDR.jpg

As you can see Ambient is on, as are lock screen notifications.

What about: Settings > Apps & notifications > USB Audio Player PRO > Notifications > Show notifications = ON
and: Settings > Apps & notifications > USB Audio Player PRO > Notifications > USB Audio Player PRO = "Clicked"
and: Settings > Apps & notifications > USB Audio Player PRO > Notifications > Miscellaneous = "Clicked"
and: Settings > Apps & notifications > USB Audio Player PRO > Notifications > Allow notification dot = ON

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #4,354 of 6,175
What about: Settings > Apps & notifications > USB Audio Player PRO > Notifications > Show notifications = ON
and: Settings > Apps & notifications > USB Audio Player PRO > Notifications > USB Audio Player PRO = "Clicked"
and: Settings > Apps & notifications > USB Audio Player PRO > Notifications > Miscellaneous = "Clicked"
and: Settings > Apps & notifications > USB Audio Player PRO > Notifications > Allow notification dot = ON
These are the only options I have for USB Audio Player Pro:

20201219_095721_HDR.jpg

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #4,359 of 6,175
I obviously have ruined my UAPP library. There are no covers anymore. I tried a fresh start, deleted an reinstalled UAPP, but this did not bring any improvements: The program still loads the old damaged library. And I cannot empty it to start anew because I only get the message, library not yet ready, please wait. I even deleted the complete folder UAPP, but the library still is alive.
Who can I get rid of UAPP completely to start with a clean reinstall and build a new library?

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #4,361 of 6,175
Have you tried this? - Enter the library. Top right, three dots: Clear database.
Yes. I wrote: " I cannot empty it to start anew because I only get the message, library not yet ready, please wait. "
But I was not patient enough: after a few minutes, I could indeed delete the library and start a rebuild. With some 30.000 files it will take some time of course.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #4,362 of 6,175
Hi, short question, I am using a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) with the latest USB Audio Player PRO and the MQA addition connected via USB to my Meier Audio Corda Soul DAC/headphone amp
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/meier-audio-corda-soul.23528/reviews

Here is what the Meier Audio Corda Soul uses inside:
"The SPDIF input signals are decoded and de-jittered by a WM8804 SPDIF-receiver-chip. The clock used is an extremely high-quality TCXO.
The digital audio signal is then fed into an ADAU1451 DSP for all processing concerning the FF-technique, crossfeed, channel balance, notchfilter, and tone-controls.
After processing the digital signal is converted to an analog signal using two WM8741 DAC-chips in dual-mono-mode."

Now here is my problem :
Using the UAPP my Corda Soul works for 44.1 but when switching between some Tidal master quality tracks (bought your MQA addition) the sound gets weird and totally bizarre. Tried different optimization but not getting it right. Can you help

Thanks. Best, Reiner

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #4,363 of 6,175
Hi, short question, I am using a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) with the latest USB Audio Player PRO and the MQA addition connected via USB to my Meier Audio Corda Soul DAC/headphone amp
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/meier-audio-corda-soul.23528/reviews

Here is what the Meier Audio Corda Soul uses inside:
"The SPDIF input signals are decoded and de-jittered by a WM8804 SPDIF-receiver-chip. The clock used is an extremely high-quality TCXO.
The digital audio signal is then fed into an ADAU1451 DSP for all processing concerning the FF-technique, crossfeed, channel balance, notchfilter, and tone-controls.
After processing the digital signal is converted to an analog signal using two WM8741 DAC-chips in dual-mono-mode."

Now here is my problem :
Using the UAPP my Corda Soul works for 44.1 but when switching between some Tidal master quality tracks (bought your MQA addition) the sound gets weird and totally bizarre. Tried different optimization but not getting it right. Can you help

Thanks. Best, Reiner

I encountered a UAPP bug but it wasn't related to MQA. When I run UAPP on my devices, it doesn't properly handle sample rate changes. It sets the sample rate correctly for the very first track you play after starting the app. After that, if you play any other tracks that have different sample rates, UAPP doesn't change it so the tracks sound sped up / slowed down if the sample rates are close (like 44.1 / 48) or horrible noise if they are very different.

When I reported this bug to UAPP they told me about a settings option that fixes this. And it did indeed fix it! It's called "Free USB bandwidth after playback". By default it's off, and I had to turn it on / enable it. With this enabled, it always sets the sample rate correctly even as you play different tracks at different sample rates.

Note: I've seen this bug on 2 different phones and a tablet, all running different versions of Android. So it's not specific to just one unusual device.

Great advice. Thank you!
Worked.

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #4,365 of 6,175
I loaded some DSF files on UAPP to try. There has significant hiss and cracking. Poweramp play them fine. I tried to mess with the settings like buffer and flags. No clear difference. I'm using LG V60. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back