USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 17, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #3,827 of 6,179
Could anyone provide me a link to a DSD 512 sample file to play? I have no problems with UAPP and DSD256 on my Galaxy S10, but I know that, since it is an Exynos model, it is not a reliable source because of the resample to 192000Hz.

May 20, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #3,830 of 6,179
APE files support is horrible :triportsad:

May 20, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #3,831 of 6,179
It's with FIIO M15 DAP, using the internal DAC with UAPP.
About FIIO M15.
I have similar problems with any DSD on Cayin N6ii (T01 and E02). I've tried all the settings and had to end up doing D2P. I got distortion and artefacts without D2P. Luckily, I doubt I can tell the difference between conversion to DXD and any DSD. If you can, congratulations on your bat ears. I think DSD512 is literally a waste of space; the only benefit is moving the distortion native to DSD way into inaudible bands (DSD256 probably already accomplishes this plenty, at half the space). It is also worth noting that most DSD512 is upconverted from a lower bitrate source. There just isn't much true native DSD512 out there, and given the space requirements, it doesn't fit for use with a portable device, like what you have with devices using UAPP.

May 23, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #3,832 of 6,179
I have similar problems with any DSD on Cayin N6ii (T01 and E02). I've tried all the settings and had to end up doing D2P. I got distortion and artefacts without D2P. Luckily, I doubt I can tell the difference between conversion to DXD and any DSD. If you can, congratulations on your bat ears. I think DSD512 is literally a waste of space; the only benefit is moving the distortion native to DSD way into inaudible bands (DSD256 probably already accomplishes this plenty, at half the space). It is also worth noting that most DSD512 is upconverted from a lower bitrate source. There just isn't much true native DSD512 out there, and given the space requirements, it doesn't fit for use with a portable device, like what you have with devices using UAPP.
Same, DSD files are always converted to PCMs when using the UAPP with my N6ii. The preinstalled Hiby/Cayin app has no problem playing back DSDs natively.

May 23, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #3,833 of 6,179
Hi,
I hope you folks can help with my question. I have a new set of Audeze i3 earbuds. I am trying to get the most out of them with my Hiby R5. Audeze support provided the attached graphic and said to match the settings for the i3s. When I open the parametric equalizer in UAPP—don’t know what to do. No clue how to translate the graph. Yep. Clueless. Compounding the issue is the R5s small touch screen. Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.
9964813.png

May 24, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #3,834 of 6,179
Could someome confirm if its possible to stream music over webdav? I have a Synology NAS and i can access my music files with UAPP but when I'm trying to play a file, the message "added to queue" pops up and nothing happens.

May 25, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #3,835 of 6,179
Please help me, I have been using UAPP for a couple of years with Tidal-hifi. But since about two weeks it has been unusable. I keep getting the "audio data not received in time" all the time. It will just stop playing and if I press play it will resume again (almost instantly), but it won't do it automatically. In addition I get pops and skips every once in a while. This has happened more frequently since the last update.

I've tried changing every possible setting, reinstalling and so on.. I know that it is not my connection because BubbleUpNP works flawlessly with Tidal-hifi. But it lacks all the goodies from UAPP (like the parametric and USB dac support). If this continues I will have to discontinue using UAPP and I'm just too used to it!

Is there anything to do? Is there a way to at least downgrade to the previous version?

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #3,836 of 6,179
Please help me, I have been using UAPP for a couple of years with Tidal-hifi. But since about two weeks it has been unusable. I keep getting the "audio data not received in time" all the time. It will just stop playing and if I press play it will resume again (almost instantly), but it won't do it automatically. In addition I get pops and skips every once in a while. This has happened more frequently since the last update.

I've tried changing every possible setting, reinstalling and so on.. I know that it is not my connection because BubbleUpNP works flawlessly with Tidal-hifi. But it lacks all the goodies from UAPP (like the parametric and USB dac support). If this continues I will have to discontinue using UAPP and I'm just too used to it!

Is there anything to do? Is there a way to at least downgrade to the previous version?
since about two or three weeks, tidal native app is problematic on my xiaomi mi 9t.it constantly says 'failed to connect to server' after three or four songs. My wifi is fast and works on other apps flawlessly. UAPP was working without problems, but now it takes ages to show album artwork and it's generally slow.
maybe there's a problem with tidal's own servers.

May 25, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #3,837 of 6,179

And I thought I was the only one that started experiencing this problem! So far I haven't found a consistent fix.

May 25, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #3,838 of 6,179
since about two or three weeks, tidal native app is problematic on my xiaomi mi 9t.it constantly says 'failed to connect to server' after three or four songs. My wifi is fast and works on other apps flawlessly. UAPP was working without problems, but now it takes ages to show album artwork and it's generally slow.
maybe there's a problem with tidal's own servers.
Yes me as well. My tidal app and uapp have been acting up.

May 25, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #3,839 of 6,179
At least I'm not alone. Yesterday I was experimenting with different settings and programs and found out that indeed BubbleUpNP does skips with Tidal, but less frequently and it is only a brief hiccup, whereas UAPP totally stops. As many of you say, maybe there is a problem with Tidal servers. However, I find that maybe BubbleUpNP and the Tidal app have a more aggressive network configuration.

Dare I ask to the UAPP developers for a FULL TRACK BUFFER? I mean, the option to buffer the COMPLETE track before playing. Rigth now the maximum buffer is 30 seconds, I gather that with the current phone specifications, a full track buffer would be viable and, I would be willing to wait a bit (or a lot) more at the beginning of playback but ensure no skipping, because this ruins the listening experience.

May 27, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #3,840 of 6,179
I have LGV30 and like to sometimes use LDAC BT using FIIO BTR5.

Question - Do I need to purchase the additional MQA component to benefit improved sound through the BTR5 or can LG already handle this even when outputting via BT ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back