USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 21, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #3,616 of 6,156
Me too, want music as it be but playback especially headphones are not flat.
Eq is not to alter the sound but to correct error in responding of headphone.
Uapp even do it individually for R and L channel.
I never use graphic eq (of any thing) bcs it doesnt help me.
I never use a mesurement FR result on this Earth, bcs it was not measure on my ears helix
New thing I have learned from your information. At least I know now EQ is not to 'colour' the sound but to correct the missing parts.

Mar 21, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #3,617 of 6,156
I manually switch the bit perfect mode on and off depending on the mqa availability and quality of recording. So try it by yourself, experiment.
There is an indicator and messages showing if mqa is actually played. The green or blue dot next to mqa circle. Also you can go to developers official site and read about UAPP and mqa.
Thanks man.

Once I have subscribed to Tidal HIFI, I will take note of the dots and the indicator.

As for the SQ when set to 'When Available', I do notice there's some change in the output. Seems more melodic and expansive to my ears.
Will keep to this setup.. :L3000:

Mar 21, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #3,618 of 6,156
New thing I have learned from your information. At least I know now EQ is not to 'colour' the sound but to correct the missing parts.

rather than picking up "missing parts" i would prefer to reduce the ones that are extra for example if you experience sibilance you can drop your 8khz frequency a bit - and if you have overbearing treble then you can drop most of the frequencies above 8khz a tad bit too

the EQ on UAPP works properly as opposed to the ineffective EQ you find on most other music playback apps - in fact after installing the beta firmware update on my M11 even the Fiio music app EQ has gone wonky and starts to distort everything if i try to adjust - so i'm sticking to using UAPP

Mar 25, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #3,619 of 6,156
I have an update of UAPP for my X7ii saying this (V 5.4.8)

WHAT'S NEW
* Added HiRes support for FiiO M11/M15, Hiby R5 and RealMe 5 PRO (RMX1971).
* The max sample rate playable in internal HiRes on the LG V/G series featuring a Quad DAC is actually 352800Hz instead of 384000Hz. Solved.
* Starting a Tidal MQA track and selecting a next track when streaming can be a little faster now on slower network connections.
* Solved a crash that could occur after detaching a USB DAC when streaming from slower network connections.

But it's not visible in the play store on my M11 :frowning2:

Any ideas anyone?
Any news on this? Does extream read this thread at all? I'm getting authentication errors if I try and use APK rip from my phone now :frowning2: - very disappointing. Why make an update of UAPP which specifically offers support for a device and then not make the APK available for that device!???

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #3,620 of 6,156
Any news on this? Does extream read this thread at all? I'm getting authentication errors if I try and use APK rip from my phone now :frowning2: - very disappointing. Why make an update of UAPP which specifically offers support for a device and then not make the APK available for that device!???

Have you tried reaching out on their support email? This is not an official support forum, so your answers from @Davy Wentzler may be limited here... info@extreamsd.com

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #3,621 of 6,156
Have you tried reaching out on their support email? This is not an official support forum, so your answers from @Davy Wentzler may be limited here... info@extreamsd.com
Hi, thanks, yes I did yesterday and got a VERY quick response from Mr Wentzler. I didn't know Fiio had updated their patch for Play Store for the M11 and so he pointed me in the right direction. Now all is good and sorted! Happy user of UAPP on my M11 here now. Great service from Extream. :)

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #3,622 of 6,156
Hello,
I use UAPP on an LG V40 smartphone.
Listening to tidal streaming MQA albums, especially live, I noticed a pause between the songs.
Is it possible to eliminate it?
The problem does not seem to arise for non-MQA albums.
Thanks
Anto

Mar 27, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #3,623 of 6,156
New owner of Lgv40. I Just subscribed to Tidal Hifi. When i play mqa songs sometimes the mqa logo on the app turns black or white during playback. I get direct playback 192 or 176(depends on the track) . In UAPP settings i have in hires flag only mqa checked and i have also bitperfect enabled. Are my settings correct? what is the difference of white or black mqa logo during playback?

Mar 27, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #3,624 of 6,156
New owner of Lgv40. I Just subscribed to Tidal Hifi. When i play mqa songs sometimes the mqa logo on the app turns black or white during playback. I get direct playback 192 or 176(depends on the track) . In UAPP settings i have in hires flag only mqa checked and i have also bitperfect enabled. Are my settings correct? what is the difference of white or black mqa logo during playback?
Unsure whether the settings are correct since am not a LG phone owner.
But there should be a green/blue dot next to the MQA logo. That’s the indicator to what file is being playback.

Mar 27, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #3,625 of 6,156

Those settings are correct for LG phones with Quad DAC. Do notice that MQA indicators and sample rates shown on the Now Playing screen are best guesses on UAPP's part, since there is no way for it to confirm what the DAC is actually doing.

Mar 27, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #3,626 of 6,156
Those settings are correct for LG phones with Quad DAC. Do notice that MQA indicators and sample rates shown on the Now Playing screen are best guesses on UAPP's part, since there is no way for it to confirm what the DAC is actually doing.
Thanks for your answer. I still havent rooted the phone to actually check the audioflinger command in terminal to see whats going on.I hope that direct hires playback is actually happening and not downsampled to 48.

Mar 27, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #3,627 of 6,156
Thanks for your answer. I still havent rooted the phone to actually check the audioflinger command in terminal to see whats going on.I hope that direct hires playback is actually happening and not downsampled to 48.

You don't need root to check audioflinger dumps. But UAPP always uses Direct path (if at all possible) so downsampling isn't an issue. That's what so great about UAPP.

When I said it's guessing, I meant it doesn't know for sure what the fully unfolded MQA sample rate is when playing through LG's hardware MQA, so it displays a best guess.

That said, many other apps on LG phones play HiRes correctly too, i.e. Direct path, offloadable, without downsampling: LG Music, Tidal app, even Google Music, as long as it's 24-bit (which most MQAs are). That means MQA tracks will sound the same in Tidal app as in UAPP, including in offline mode. But for any 16/44 tracks you need UAPP, as the other apps send them through the Mixer, which bungles them.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #3,628 of 6,156
You don't need root to check audioflinger dumps. But UAPP always uses Direct path (if at all possible) so downsampling isn't an issue. That's what so great about UAPP.

When I said it's guessing, I meant it doesn't know for sure what the fully unfolded MQA sample rate is when playing through LG's hardware MQA, so it displays a best guess.

That said, many other apps on LG phones play HiRes correctly too, i.e. Direct path, offloadable, without downsampling: LG Music, Tidal app, even Google Music, as long as it's 24-bit (which most MQAs are). That means MQA tracks will sound the same in Tidal app as in UAPP, including in offline mode. But for any 16/44 tracks you need UAPP, as the other apps send them through the Mixer, which bungles them.
I understand what you say . Some phones that i own and have tested even with UAPP or other apps dont bypass the Mixer like meizu 16th or pro 7. Some others need some tweaking like meizu mx4pro or xiaomi mia1(Linage Os)to truly output direct hires playback.

Mar 27, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #3,629 of 6,156
I understand what you say . Some phones that i own and have tested even with UAPP or other apps dont bypass the Mixer like meizu 16th or pro 7. Some others need some tweaking like meizu mx4pro or xiaomi mia1(Linage Os)to truly output direct hires playback.

Got it. Yes, I was speaking only about the behavior on LG Quad DAC phones. I have no experience with UAPP on other phones or devices.

Mar 27, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #3,630 of 6,156
THat said, many other apps on LG phones play HiRes correctly too, i.e. Direct path, offloadable, without downsampling: LG Music, Tidal app, even Google Music, as long as it's 24-bit (which most MQAs are). That means MQA tracks will sound the same in Tidal app as in UAPP, including in offline mode. But for any 16/44 tracks you need UAPP, as the other apps send them through the Mixer, which bungles them.

Maybe they should, but they don't. On my LG G7 UAPP sounds better than Tidal or Qobuz for every single track I've ever tried, including MQA and 24-bit hires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back