USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 21, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,341 of 6,187
Android has been always a trial and error thing regarding HIFI Audio. Unless somebody tests them...

Am looking this beast for a while Ziddo X20 Pro. Has two 3.5 HDD drive + ESS9038 Pro DAC.

Confirmed on a forum to work with UAPP after a firmware update.
That's why I'm postulating an Android Things build which is a version of ANdroid tuned specifically to run a single app. Paired with UAPP would make for a perfect software suite for streamers.

Jan 22, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #2,345 of 6,187
Ok, just checked and OkHTTP was already selected

Odd. In most cases, selecting OkHttp fixes this. I have only one other report where OkHttp did not fix it, but I believe it was due to slow network speed. If you want me to look at it in more detail, please send an email to info AT extreamsd.com

Jan 22, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #2,346 of 6,187
The actual mqa file is 24/96khz mqa unflod to 24/192khz

How about the 350kHz Mozart and Anima Sacra recordings, or is that just a glitch on my S9+ UAPP display when the magenta light in on on the xDSD?

Here inside a glucometer case feeding off an iFi low noise wallwart:
DAC Insulin Box.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #2,347 of 6,187
How about the 350kHz Mozart and Anima Sacra recordings, or is that just a glitch on my S9+ UAPP display when the magenta light in on on the xDSD?

Here inside a glucometer case feeding off an iFi low noise wallwart:
[/QUOTE]
Not sure about the xdsd.my nano idsd(silver)render max to 96khz only

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #2,348 of 6,187
@masterpfa @Mark Dirac and all, I've edited my post on the LG G7 One to note that the internal Hi-Res quad DAC does not seem to support MQA decoding. And here I was so happy that it worked better than the V30 via USB... Oh well.

Darko and other reviewers were apparently wrong about MQA support. On the official LG web page for this phone, MQA is not mentioned. I tested MQA with downloaded 2L sample files and Tidal streams, making sure my UAPP settings are the same on the V30 and the G7 One. No luck. MQA is officially supported in the rest of the G7 line, but even though the hardware in this one is otherwise the same, LG has decided not to include MQA in the G7 One.

Sorry for not testing this sooner. I was waiting for a micro SD card before downloading the 2L files, and normally I stream from Qobuz not Tidal. I think I'm going to keep this phone anyway though. The LG interface on the V30 was driving me crazy, with some "features" (like forcing me to choose a default browser) seriously interfering with my business work flow.

Jan 22, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #2,350 of 6,187
Jan 22, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,351 of 6,187
@masterpfa @Mark Dirac and all, I've edited my post on the LG G7 One to note that the internal Hi-Res quad DAC does not seem to support MQA decoding. And here I was so happy that it worked better than the V30 via USB... Oh well.

Darko and other reviewers were apparently wrong about MQA support. On the official LG web page for this phone, MQA is not mentioned. I tested MQA with downloaded 2L sample files and Tidal streams, making sure my UAPP settings are the same on the V30 and the G7 One. No luck. MQA is officially supported in the rest of the G7 line, but even though the hardware in this one is otherwise the same, LG has decided not to include MQA in the G7 One.

Sorry for not testing this sooner. I was waiting for a micro SD card before downloading the 2L files, and normally I stream from Qobuz not Tidal. I think I'm going to keep this phone anyway though. The LG interface on the V30 was driving me crazy, with some "features" (like forcing me to choose a default browser) seriously interfering with my business work flow.

Thank you for alerting me to this fact @Left Channel saved a lot of heartache. I would imagine in that case MQA is baked into the LG OS to utilise the internal DAC hence the LG G7 One hasn't got it, or as the Android One is designed for lower range devices LG may have decided to omit this feature

Jan 22, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #2,352 of 6,187
Thank you for alerting me to this fact @Left Channel saved a lot of heartache. I would imagine in that case MQA is baked into the LG OS to utilise the internal DAC hence the LG G7 One hasn't got it, or as the Android One is designed for lower range devices LG may have decided to omit this feature

My guess is it would require a firmware update, but that's not likely to happen. Android One phones are intended to be less expensive, and avoiding the costs of MQA licensing and approvals is one way to keep the retail price down.

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #2,353 of 6,187
Hi if anyone could advise me about this that would be great!

In UAPP on my V30+ (7.1 nougat currently) which android sample rate setting should I use?

Device Native or Variable?

Also the setting 'play through android' should be off right? And the hi res flags Direct PCM and MQA should be enabled for MQA playback?

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #2,354 of 6,187
Hi if anyone could advise me about this that would be great!

In UAPP on my V30+ (7.1 nougat currently) which android sample rate setting should I use?

Device Native or Variable?

Also the setting 'play through android' should be off right? And the hi res flags Direct PCM and MQA should be enabled for MQA playback?

What you select in the Android section does not matter since you won't be using it.
Please do NOT set any other flag than MQA.

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #2,355 of 6,187
I know that UAPP supports HiRes on the Pioneer 300R. Does it mean that it uses the Sabre DAC? Because all other 3rd party Players uses the Snapdragon DAC and sound quality is worse than original player or Onkyo player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back