USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 22, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #1,682 of 6,219
Last.fm question: when I listen music offline the app scrobbles songs when I get back online or the "offline songs" are lost forever? In case is possible an integration with 3rd app like Simple Last.fm scrobbler?

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #1,687 of 6,219
I’m using uapp on the onkyo x1a. On the app I can only see the first sd card, while on the default music app I have no problem seeing both sd cards.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Jul 24, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #1,688 of 6,219
I’m using uapp on the onkyo x1a. On the app I can only see the first sd card, while on the default music app I have no problem seeing both sd cards.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Have you updated to the newest version of UAPP, which came out a couple of days ago?
One of the lines in the "Release Notes" said that the second SD card on DP-X1A should now be showing.

Jul 25, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #1,691 of 6,219
Mmm, how about this one, why does Tidal sound better via your app than the Tidal app?

Which device are you running UAPP on?
Does your device have a High Resolution DAC, which is supported by UAPP - vs - the Tidal app using the stock Android audio subsystem?

Could be that, or maybe the UAPP programmers use more pixie dust in the code... :ksc75smile:

Jul 26, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #1,693 of 6,219
Huawei P9, no dac. You find both apps sound the same?

I'm not actually a Tidal user (since they seem to focus on modern pop music, which I don't listen to).

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #1,694 of 6,219
Mmm, how about this one, why does Tidal sound better via your app than the Tidal app?

Ill go out on a limb and say yes, Tidal does sound better through UAPP on a LG V20. Something to my ear is somewhat magical about the ESS 9218 sound quality. UAPP makes the best use of it.

Tidal did sound really bad originally, but with the changes to the way they handle output (Direct Mode) that happened around the time that the V30 MQA was supported, the V20 improved in general (for all content). According to ADB, TIdal and UAPP still use different methods to output (differing Flags used for Direct). Davy has stated his approach is more of a "hack". Whatever the difference UAPP, for the life of me, sounds better. Consequently Tidal sounds better though UAPP.

UAPP is vastly worse than Tidal when playing over iffy network connections including mobile data (not wifi). It must have different streaming/buffering approaches. But when playing back on a solid Wifi, I will use UAPP for sound quality alone.

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #1,695 of 6,219
@Davy Wentzler or for anyone who have experienced this, I have UAPP on my DX200. I get a loud pop noise when I start the player app with a headphone connected. Then when I stop playback or paused, I hear the same loud pop after a minute or 2. The same pop noise appear when the app has completed playing the entire playlist. I also get a very soft but still noticeable click when there is a transition or change in bit/sample rate between the last music played and the next.

i don't get this on iBasso's music player app, so I believe this can be fixed on the software side. Is there something I need to do to fix this? I like UAPP over the stock player app, but these pops and clicks are the only reason I am finding myself going back to the stock player app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back