USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 30, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #1,711 of 6,219
Updated just yesterday, to find out that I can't delete folders with music from UAPP anymore! Any attempt to tap "three dots" menu at the right of a folder name just scrolls the list! But I do remember I was able to do it with one of the older versions... It's 4.5" 768x1280 screen of iBasso DX150, if it matters. I'm not sure which build exactly worked for me in the past.

There were no changes regarding that in months probably. Perhaps you can try tapping a little left to the 3 dots.

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #1,715 of 6,219
Every time I get a new phone, I have to enter my "Other radio stations" into UAPP again. Is there any way to export or copy them? I have the links in a text file on Dropbox, but there's got to be a better way.

The links are stored in a UAPP preferences file that's called - com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro_preferences.xml
On my rooted Android devices, it's located at - /data/data/com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro/shared_prefs/com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro_preferences.xml
Once I figured out where the added stations were being stored, I copied the file to my PC, and just update it there, with a text editor.
Then, the file gets copied back over the prefs file on the devices.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #1,716 of 6,219
The links are stored in a UAPP preferences file that's called - com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro_preferences.xml
On my rooted Android devices, it's located at - /data/data/com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro/shared_prefs/com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro_preferences.xml
Once I figured out where the added stations were being stored, I copied the file to my PC, and just update it there, with a text editor.
Then, the file gets copied back over the prefs file on the devices.

Thank you! Not planning to root my brand-new V30 ThinQ just yet, but I'll probably get there eventually.

Meanwhile I guess this is a feature request for Davy: radio station export.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #1,717 of 6,219
Hi Davy and All:

Oreo is finally getting pushed out by the carriers in the US (and everywhere) on the LG V20. Unfortunately, it breaks Hi-Res support in UAPP ---- everything is getting pushed through the MIXER output and sounds really bad again. I am sure Davy can fix it... but just heads up. I have tried forcing flags of Direct and others to no avail.

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,718 of 6,219
Hi Davy and All:

Oreo is finally getting pushed out by the carriers in the US (and everywhere) on the LG V20. Unfortunately, it breaks Hi-Res support in UAPP ---- everything is getting pushed through the MIXER output and sounds really bad again. I am sure Davy can fix it... but just heads up. I have tried forcing flags of Direct and others to no avail.

FYI.... I contacted Davy on this issue and he suggested that the DIrect flag should simply fix it. Problem is I didnt restart phone after the change and retest. Sure enough....easy fix... for Oreo ..simply click the Direct Flag (only) ... no other flag is needed. Reboot and things work great again.

Now I wish Oreo didnt break so many things on the V20 outside of UAPP....ugh.....just horrible testing they did on this release for the V20.

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #1,719 of 6,219
Hi Davy and all,

Just got a LG G7 and would appreciate your recommendations for flags and options in "settings > Hi-Res Audio > HiRes Driver Flags, HiRes driver audio format, Bit perfect mode". My music is a mix of SACD ISOs, DSD files and FLAC files up to 24-192/384.

Thanks in advance!

There were no changes regarding that in months probably. Perhaps you can try tapping a little left to the 3 dots.
FYI.... I contacted Davy on this issue and he suggested that the DIrect flag should simply fix it. Problem is I didnt restart phone after the change and retest. Sure enough....easy fix... for Oreo ..simply click the Direct Flag (only) ... no other flag is needed. Reboot and things work great again.

Now I wish Oreo didnt break so many things on the V20 outside of UAPP....ugh.....just horrible testing they did on this release for the V20.

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #1,720 of 6,219
Hi Davy and all,

Just got a LG G7 and would appreciate your recommendations for flags and options in "settings > Hi-Res Audio > HiRes Driver Flags, HiRes driver audio format, Bit perfect mode". My music is a mix of SACD ISOs, DSD files and FLAC files up to 24-192/384.

Thanks in advance!

Please do not change any flags, it's already set up as it should be for the G7. Note that the problem with the V20 was due to an Android 8 update which changed the flags required.

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #1,725 of 6,219
Off topic, but does anyone know if USB high resolution audio with an app like UAPP is supported by the inexpensive Samsung Galaxy Tablet A, or do I have to get a more sophisticated Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 for instance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back