USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #1,083 of 6,195
Using UAPP for a couple of weeks now on a Android Phone(Mi Max).

Facing a peculiar problem here. The volume suddenly drops after playing for a few mins. This happens with many DACs (Mojo/DACMagic/Cozoy)

I think it's the app because if I play via regular OTG using other music apps this volume drop does not happen.

Has anybody experienced this?

BTW, I am playing in bitperfect mode.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,084 of 6,195
power management on smartphone?

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #1,086 of 6,195
Dec 14, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,087 of 6,195
Is it possible to add an option to put 0.5 or 1 second silence before a track to help fix issues with a number of DACs (Chord Mojo/iFi Micro/Dragonfly) that mute the start of the track to allow for change of sample rate?

This seems to be affecting a number of users. Although not affecting all DACs, would be very appreciated by all those with the above DACs.....

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,089 of 6,195
It can read / access / play content on microSDXC withing the phone.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,090 of 6,195
Hate to be a broken record about this, but UAPP itself is still kind of a broken record, in that its queue management is still pretty broken:
- moving the currently playing track is processed incorrectly: the currently-playing marker lags the movement by one queue position and ends up on the wrong track
- removing tracks from below the one currently playing doesn't work right either: the tracks seem to be removed visually, but when the queue cursor reaches their former position they still start playing instead of the tracks now occupying that position (so I'm getting tracks played even if I've removed them from the queue before the player got to them).

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,092 of 6,195
Is it possible to add an option to put 0.5 or 1 second silence before a track to help fix issues with a number of DACs (Chord Mojo/iFi Micro/Dragonfly) that mute the start of the track to allow for change of sample rate?

This seems to be affecting a number of users. Although not affecting all DACs, would be very appreciated by all those with the above DACs.....

Thanks!

+1

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #1,094 of 6,195
Hi,

Happily using Tidal via UAPP on a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Android (4.4.1) tablet as source for the USB DAC in my main speaker rig.

However, I would have a question and enhancement proposal on the UAPP playlists, hoping someone could help on this:

What is the maximum number of tracks in a playlist?

Asking as I seem to hit the max pretty fast after a half-a-dozen artists. I would like to create playlist of all tracks of dozens of artists from Tidal, to play in shuffle mode as sort of my personal radio station.

I tried adding all the tracks of artists in Tidal->My Artists in UAPP, artist by artist. After the limit is hit, the additional songs do not get added to the playlist, and there is no error message that a playlist limit would have been exceeded.

Would be great if the playlist could be made arbitrarily large, or at least similar to Tidal and Spotify, i.e. 10 000 and 20 000 when I checked a year or two ago if I recall correctly.

Alternative option would be some kind of shuffle across Tidal->My Artists, but I did not find an option for that so far. The Tidal app did not have this feature either the last time I checked.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #1,095 of 6,195
  long time user of your great app, can i ask with the lg v20 how i can make sure that music does not get down sampled to 48000, what shall i choose in settings of UAPP, while still being able to use the parametric eq that I bought as well

thanks for the great work

Settings > Android sample rate > 44.1 KHz
You can set 44.1 not 48 KHz.

He wants to avoid, not force, downsampling. Forcing 44.1k is downsampling relative to 48k. :)

I don't think you can force the sampling rate to some high value from UAPP itself. All you can do is set it to "Variable" so that it follows the file you're playing and the available rates of the DAC you're using. If you set "Android default" you're still going to get something like 44.1 or 48, because those are the typical Android defaults.

I test drove the V20 today and verified that UAPP supports a 44.1kHz native sampling rate as well as higher resolution files when the Android sampling rate is set to "Variable".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back