USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 23, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #1,051 of 6,179

i tried neutron today, i feel neutron's sound is brighter than UAPP, even though both were playing bit perfect !

If you're playing through the same hardware and both are actually bit perfect, then what you think you're hearing is not what is actually happening. 

Side note... why do people always use their ears as a metric? There is no Hogwarts for your ears, they are not magical, and they are about as useful for measuring things as a dog's chew toy. 
With due respect, we have discussed this same thing when i said that different usb otg cables sound different with mojo even coming from same source..but i did my testings and i confirmed my conclusion..

i don't know the pseudo science behind it..
i mailed neutron guy and we had many mail communications on my observation.. he told the same thing what you said..

even though i had 5 days evaluation period with neutron...i came back to uapp after some time... may be u can try once... neutron is free for 5 days..

i will be interested to knoq your impressions ...

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #1,052 of 6,179
I have a strange issue when using UAPP recently (LG-G3 and iFi Nano iDSD DAC).
During playback the soundstage suddenly changes from normal to what sounds to me like some kind of DSP Stadium setting, artificial airy.
I have not set the equalizer, UAPP says it is playing bit perfect when I touch the EQ or Parametric EQ button.
Any idea someone? 

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #1,053 of 6,179
Bugs:

On Android 7.0 Tablet, could not find the three (3) dot button/icon settings. Other apps were able to display. UAPP no.

ISO MCH stutters when played. Like I am playing DSD256 on DoP.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #1,054 of 6,179
  I keep getting the message "failed to queue a song for playback". Doesn't happen with every song I play, it seems to be quite random. Any clues?

I get that when using Bubble UPnP to stream from Google All Music and it cannot get data from the source (Google). A glitch in the Matrix.

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #1,055 of 6,179
Multi-threading is the cure!

Now my SACD DSTs/ISO MCH all work like a charm.

Thank you AGAIN.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #1,056 of 6,179
Now it decodes DST very good even on Intel CPU! But I've faced 3 problems:
1. Gapless playback does not work with SACD ISO tracks.
2. It seems with SACD ISOs UAPP re-configures the DAC after every track, which causes loud clicks.
3. I've set up Native DSD mode, but if I pause the track, exit and launch UAPP, and resume, it tries DoP. It returns to Native if I restart playback of the track.

Gapless should cure #2. I can live with #3, though it should be easy fix. Please make gapless playback for ISOs!

It is iBasso DX80 as a DAC btw. Still I'm hoping for native build for x86 CPU...

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #1,057 of 6,179
 Finally an APL technology is also available for the Android devices. This might assist to significally improve the performance of loudspeakers and headphones without even using a hardware version of the audio processor, like APL1. The problem is that it is still not so easy to install V4A on different verions of Android system, needs root, bussybox, superSU, etc. But if the installation was successful, you might be amazed with the results. 

Are there anybody managed to make these two guides friends: USB Audio Recorder Pro and Viper4Android? I've got signal through the USB-out, but it was not corrected by the V4A.

I need an application og the irs-sample with the help of a convolver. Is there any idea, when such a convolver will be incorporated into the USB Audio Recorder Pro?

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,058 of 6,179
  Are there anybody managed to make these two guides friends: USB Audio Recorder Pro and Viper4Android? I've got signal through the USB-out, but it was not corrected by the V4A.

I'm using USB Audio Player Pro with ViPER4Android, but that requires disabling UAPP's USB driver and relying on the V4A driver, which replaces the default one that comes with Android. So in UAPP's settings that would be "Play through Android" = on, "Use USB DAC" = off.

If it still doesn't work, you may also need some changes to your audio_policy.conf:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672375/great-news-for-rooted-android-users-viper4android/195#post_12964499

Just know that you won't be able to output audio at any sample rates higher than 48k through V4A because its driver just doesn't support them.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #1,059 of 6,179
  I'm using USB Audio Player Pro with ViPER4Android, but that requires disabling UAPP's USB driver and relying on the V4A driver, which replaces the default one that comes with Android. So in UAPP's settings that would be "Play through Android" = on, "Use USB DAC" = off.

If it still doesn't work, you may also need some changes to your audio_policy.conf:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672375/great-news-for-rooted-android-users-viper4android/195#post_12964499

Just know that you won't be able to output audio at any sample rates higher than 48k through V4A because its driver just doesn't support them.

Yes, thanks a lot for your suggestion. But my intention was to use USB Audio Player Pro together with the USB-out/otg-cable/external DAC/sound card, etc. By now I found a solution - to play music through Poweramp (version3.0), but USB path should be "activated" first by the USB Audio Player Pro. Tricky - yes, but it Works, as I can use V4A.  

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #1,060 of 6,179

Yes, thanks a lot for your suggestion. But my intention was to use USB Audio Player Pro together with the USB-out/otg-cable/external DAC/sound card, etc.

And that's exactly what I was talking about. UAPP's driver is not the only one that can connect to USB DACs you know - Android's default driver and the V4A driver can both do it too, though maybe they don't support as many devices and they definitely don't support hi-res stream formats. Whatever your setup is doing now, with UAPP getting things "initialized" or whatever, if the V4A effects are working and you can hear the changes in the sound, it's the V4A driver connecting to the USB DAC, not UAPP's driver.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #1,061 of 6,179
Pitty, as V4A is limited to 48000 Hz only. But it is at least does its work using the convolver function.

On the contrary - Can not get V4A to work while streaming the content to the Chromecast. Maybe, by installing Xposed and making it possible to connect poweramp and Bubble UpnP this problem might be solved, who knows. Asked XDA developers - no answer yet.

Aware about bootlog problems with installing the Xposed for Samsung devices with the Android v. 5.0.X - which is exactly my case :frowning2: 

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,062 of 6,179
I love the one button convenience of the "bit perfect" option on UAPP. Here is another one button suggestion. How about an option to automatically optimize Android for audiophile listening. This button might enable airplane mode, set the CPU to max performance, and kill any background apps/processes that are not needed by UAPP.

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #1,063 of 6,179
Whatever was done on the latest build, UAPP now staying alive when I put off my screen or it goes off.
Was eating my battery using wakelocks and dim screen. GREAT. Back in business with mobile audio.

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #1,064 of 6,179
However, UAPP now sampling everything to max of 96k on my DAC....doh.
That setting of max sampling is deselected as well. HRT microStreamer + iPurifier2.

Please add 2x over-sampling to the menu. I think any kind of over/up-sampling may keep the connection alive for those having issues....like 44.1 to 88.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back