USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 9, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #1,112 of 6,219
Hello Davy,
I wanted to know how much CPU is used (percentage) while using the UAPP software in case of the hardest running file. Is a mid-core SoC is more than enough? Is there any advantage usage-wise in UAPP Snapdragon or MediaTek, like SoC self noise generation?
is Sony Xperia xa a good choice for only using for digital streaming? 
Thanks!

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #1,113 of 6,219
Davy,

Not sure if your aware of the new Chord Poly that is coming out, but if so, will UAPP be able to output bitperfect to the Chord Mojo/Poly over its wireless link?

Ideally want to keep using UAPP but will be moving away from having the Mojo connected to phone via OTG USB cable.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,114 of 6,219
  Hello Davy,
I wanted to know how much CPU is used (percentage) while using the UAPP software in case of the hardest running file. Is a mid-core SoC is more than enough? Is there any advantage usage-wise in UAPP Snapdragon or MediaTek, like SoC self noise generation?
is Sony Xperia xa a good choice for only using for digital streaming? 
Thanks!

The answer is quite complicated. UAPP doesn't require a lot of CPU, except for playing DST-encoded SACD ISO files. More importantly however, is that chipsets come with kernel drivers by the manufacturer which influence USB performance a lot. I'd stay away from MediaTek. Some Snapdragons have an issue in the kernel where it runs out of DMA memory soon if larger buffer sizes are used. We don't have the XA in our compatibility list though, so I cannot comment on that.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #1,115 of 6,219
Thanks for responding, I got it! Does this Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 or this Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 have no issui?
Or which phone is the best (external DAC/AMP will be iDSD Black) in your compatibility list?

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #1,116 of 6,219
  Thanks for responding, I got it! Does this Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 or this Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 have no issui?
Or which phone is the best (external DAC/AMP will be iDSD Black) in your compatibility list?

I have no information on specific snapdragon's. Note that we have a free trial version on our website (I don't think I'm allowed to post a link here). The Samsung S6/S7 is probably best.

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #1,119 of 6,219
am i right that UAPP plays without down sampling on lg v20 as that is what i see gets displayed when playing higher bit rates on the UAPP like for example when i play dire straits walk of life file which is 96khz/24bits , it says in UAPP that android is 96Khz

i chose variable bit rate in the settings and bit perfect

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #1,120 of 6,219
  am i right that UAPP plays without down sampling on lg v20 as that is what i see gets displayed when playing higher bit rates on the UAPP like for example when i play dire straits walk of life file which is 96khz/24bits , it says in UAPP that android is 96Khz

i chose variable bit rate in the settings and bit perfect

Bit-perfect is not used when playing through Android (that's never going to be possible). Whether Android resamples or not on the V20, I don't know. Someone needs to put an audio analyzer on the output to be sure.

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #1,121 of 6,219

Bit-perfect is not used when playing through Android (that's never going to be possible). Whether Android resamples or not on the V20, I don't know. Someone needs to put an audio analyzer on the output to be sure.

even if it displays in the screen of the UAPP that the android is 96 Khz, or do those reading in your app mean nothing

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1,122 of 6,219
  even if it displays in the screen of the UAPP that the android is 96 Khz, or do those reading in your app mean nothing

No, unfortunately for playback through Android they mean that audio is fed to the Android audio system with that sample rate. What happens after that is unknown. When using a USB DAC with UAPP's USB audio driver, the display of the sample rate is the one that is definitely used.

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #1,123 of 6,219
  Hate to be a broken record about this, but UAPP itself is still kind of a broken record, in that its queue management is still pretty broken:
- moving the currently playing track is processed incorrectly: the currently-playing marker lags the movement by one queue position and ends up on the wrong track
- removing tracks from below the one currently playing doesn't work right either: the tracks seem to be removed visually, but when the queue cursor reaches their former position they still start playing instead of the tracks now occupying that position (so I'm getting tracks played even if I've removed them from the queue before the player got to them).

So... any plans to fix the queue so it works in more of a WYSIWYG way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back