USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,096 of 6,219

already done it mate 
wink.gif

Has this been solved already?
UAPP has gone through some updates but the issue remains: Music suddenly changing from 'normal' to listening in dsp stadium mode, or like it is coming through a tin can....
flight mode on/off
Playing through Android on/off
EQ on/off
All made no difference

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #1,097 of 6,219
I test drove the V20 today and verified that UAPP supports a 44.1kHz native sampling rate as well as higher resolution files when the Android sampling rate is set to "Variable".

Is this play thru Android or USB device?

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #1,098 of 6,219
Has this been solved already?
UAPP has gone through some updates but the issue remains: Music suddenly changing from 'normal' to listening in dsp stadium mode, or like it is coming through a tin can....
flight mode on/off
Playing through Android on/off
EQ on/off
All made no difference

That's a good explanation of it sounding strange. As far as I know they didn't update to fix that problem but I found my own fix and it hasn't happened since. First I connect otg cable to only mojo and then turn mojo on, then while it's on with cable connected I plug it in to my phone it brings up UAPP automatically and then works great from there.

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #1,102 of 6,219
Is this play thru Android or USB device?

i would like to see the dev of the app confirm this before we to get it that no down sampling occurs with our lg v20

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #1,103 of 6,219
long time user but i haven't been following the thread in a while.

i'm getting a google pixel xl (on back order, waiting til Feb) which has a usb C connector.
i assume that a usb C to usb micro converter will let me plug the phone into my GeekOut v2+ and use UAPP without any problems.

anyone tested this yet?

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #1,104 of 6,219
First run, I plug my mojo(or any other DAC), UAPP initialises the DAC and everything runs well.

Next, I unplug the device without exiting the app and plug the DAC back in, UAPP won't initialize it although it recognizes it. I have to force kill or exit app and start over. Is anyone else facing this.

It would be nice if UAPP recognize multiple plug ins and outs of device without having to force kill or exit the app.

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #1,105 of 6,219
First run, I plug my mojo(or any other DAC), UAPP initialises the DAC and everything runs well.

Next, I unplug the device without exiting the app and plug the DAC back in, UAPP won't initialize it although it recognizes it. I have to force kill or exit app and start over. Is anyone else facing this.

It would be nice if UAPP recognize multiple plug ins and outs of device without having to force kill or exit the app.
I had the same issues,

generally it happens when you have more than one USB player in your phone..

if you have only uapp, then this issue will be resolved..

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,106 of 6,219
Similar issue with the LG G5 (Android 7.0) - if there is a [forced] disconnect, the play button no longer works, and you have to close the app - however, you cannot just go back, and back again - as there are two instances of UAPP in the task manager, and you have to kill both before playback can resume.

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #1,107 of 6,219
Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before. Need some help folks.

I have a sony TA ZH1ES Amp/DAC. It can play native DSD as per below blurb

SAMPLING FREQUENCY/BIT DEPTH
DSD native (up to 22.4MHz) DSD DoP (up to 11.2 MHz) PCM (up to 768 kHz/32 bit)

I have downloaded DSD256 files to my android phone (samsung edge). I am trying to play these files through the USB Android Player to my DAC as native DSD's. But when I select 'native' in the App menu, I get nothing. I can only play if I select 'DoP' or 'DSD to PCM conversion'.

when I select 'DoP' my DAC shows it playing DSD 11.2 / 1 bit.
When I select DSD to PCM conversion my DAC shows it as playing 352.8 Khz/32bit

Question: why can't i play native DSD? What am I doing wrong? I am a relative newbie so be gentle please!

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #1,108 of 6,219
Hi everyone, new user to UAPP here, running my TIDAL library. Saw back around page 30 that UAPP only offers TIDAL through streaming because offline content downloaded through tidal is encoded and cannot be accessed by UAPP unless my android device is rooted? I'm not looking to wreck my phone bill by streaming lossless anytime i'm out of the house, so I'm gunna need some help on this one. Once i've heard the better SQ playing my TIDAL library through UAPP I ain't going back...just ordered lead sheet and ferrite clamps to cut down on the interference when streaming. How have other TIDAL users with UAPP achieved offline listening to their library? Please point me in the right direction!

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,109 of 6,219
  Hi everyone, new user to UAPP here, running my TIDAL library. Saw back around page 30 that UAPP only offers TIDAL through streaming because offline content downloaded through tidal is encoded and cannot be accessed by UAPP unless my android device is rooted? I'm not looking to wreck my phone bill by streaming lossless anytime i'm out of the house, so I'm gunna need some help on this one. Once i've heard the better SQ playing my TIDAL library through UAPP I ain't going back...just ordered lead sheet and ferrite clamps to cut down on the interference when streaming. How have other TIDAL users with UAPP achieved offline listening to their library? Please point me in the right direction!

It is encrypted, so you won't be able to. Rooting only allows access to the offline stored files, but we found out that those are encrypted, so it's no use anyway.

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #1,110 of 6,219

It is encrypted, so you won't be able to. Rooting only allows access to the offline stored files, but we found out that those are encrypted, so it's no use anyway.

Hi Davy, thank you so much for the speedy response. So even if I went through the hassle of rooting my device, I still cannot access offline TIDAL playback through UAPP? If this is the case then ATnT is about to make some big bucks off me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back