USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 27, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #556 of 6,162
  Anybody??

I think direct mailing the app developers gets the fastest response vs this thread. The email is in the "about" section on the app if I remember.

Wish the wonky CApItAL letters on my artists and albums would get fixed by Android (developers said that issue was with Android,not the app). I don't remember this issue on older Android builds, but it has been persistent with Lollipop.

Jan 29, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #558 of 6,162
I'm recently using it with the Mojo and it sound really good.

My phone is a Galaxy S5 and just set the buffer size in 400 milliseconds to  try to eliminate a ramdom click but it seem that don't work good.

Could somebody hel me please?

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #559 of 6,162
  I'm recently using it with the Mojo and it sound really good.

My phone is a Galaxy S5 and just set the buffer size in 400 milliseconds to  try to eliminate a ramdom click but it seem that don't work good.

Could somebody hel me please?

Make sure to install version 2.5.0 and try enabling 'USB tweak 2' only.

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #560 of 6,162
  I'm still waiting for UAPP to support Qobuz. I don't think it's because of licensing, because BubbleUPNP, Squeezelite, and KODI all supported Qobuz. I highly doubt Squeezelite and KODI pay for licensing to Qobuz.

There is no need to pay for a license, one only needs an API ID/key. One requests a key by emailing Qobuz. We have done that 3 or 4 times, but we never got a reply. Until that happens, we unfortunately cannot support Qobuz.

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #561 of 6,162
  Hi!

I am a fairly new user of UAPP and love the package, but I am a bit negative in general when it comes to using my phone as a player :)

I have Chord Mojo linked to S5 when not linked to my X3ii or PC.

Would really like to ramp up my Tidal use, but there's a lot of interference when I use the phone with the Mojo and the cell-internet is active. Hence my question.... is there any plan in the near future to allow for UAPP to access the Tidal tracks downloaded in offline mode?? This would be a fantastic feature for many users I believe!

Tidal offline music gets stored in a private area of the Tidal app and is also encrypted, so unfortunately we cannot offer Tidal offline mode.

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #562 of 6,162
  I've been using this play for the last 5 months and I have to say it's not very stable at all despite all the updates. 30% of the time when I connect to my dac, I get an error of some sort and have to unplug and replug the dac back in to get it working again. Also I don't understand why there is still no feature to play all songs under one artist. 

USB device detection is a sequence of steps: first Linux (the operating system of your Android device) tries to detect a device, then if that succeeds, Android must add it to its list of devices. What UAPP merely does is enumerate the devices that Android listed, so it almost never happens that UAPP is at fault here. I know it doesn't matter for you in the end, but at least in this regard, one cannot say that the app is not very stable since it basically is not in our powers to influence it.
To play all songs of an artist: select Artist from the list in the top bar, find your artist and press the 3-dot menu and select 'Add to queue'.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #564 of 6,162
Apologies in advance if I missed this question answered: Are there any plans to enable access to Tidal offline content through UAPP? 

Also, can anyone break it down for a relative newb the merits of playing Tidal through UAPP versus playing it directly from the app? I love the convenience of Tidal via Android devices, but I've also run into issues as well, which are largely device-dependent. 

Thanks!

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #566 of 6,162
Derp. It was right there. My apologies. 

Ok, back to question 2: Why use the UAPP over the running directly through Tidal? I use offline mode to keep me from going over my data cap with my cell phone provider. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #567 of 6,162

Ok, back to question 2: Why use the UAPP over the running directly through Tidal? I use offline mode to keep me from going over my data cap with my cell phone provider. 

We get a lot of positive comments that playing Tidal through UAPP gives better quality than through the Tidal app itself.

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #568 of 6,162

USB device detection is a sequence of steps: first Linux (the operating system of your Android device) tries to detect a device, then if that succeeds, Android must add it to its list of devices. What UAPP merely does is enumerate the devices that Android listed, so it almost never happens that UAPP is at fault here. I know it doesn't matter for you in the end, but at least in this regard, one cannot say that the app is not very stable since it basically is not in our powers to influence it.
To play all songs of an artist: select Artist from the list in the top bar, find your artist and press the 3-dot menu and select 'Add to queue'.

Is there a way to not have to add every song to to queue in order to play a song? This also applies to the shuffle (party mode) where I find the songs are not really selected at random but from songs recently played despite being cleared from the queue. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #569 of 6,162
  Is there a way to not have to add every song to to queue in order to play a song? This also applies to the shuffle (party mode) where I find the songs are not really selected at random but from songs recently played despite being cleared from the queue. 

Sure, you can just select the 3-dot menu for a song and select 'Add to queue'.
Note that you have 2 shuffle modes: pressing shuffle once shuffles the songs that are in the current queue. Pressing Shuffle another time puts it in Party Shuffle mode. That will take a max of 100 new random songs from the database and will shuffle them.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #570 of 6,162

The problem with Android 5 and 6 is it upsamples via OTG, So I think UAPP sounds better because it avoids the upsampling and keeps everything 16/44.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back