USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 15, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #541 of 6,187
For something like the Dragonfly 1.2 I use the volume controls within the app, for things that have their own volume control like the Mojo I max volume from the phone and use the connected devices volume controls (I tend to do that with all digital transports, reducing volume at the transport can lead to loss of quality).

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #542 of 6,187
  Qobuz is not supported, if I'm not wrong something with licensing. Only with a "bug" in UAPP v 2.4.0 it worked (still works if using this verion) together with BubbleUPNP with shared playlist and UAPP DLNA access to it.

I'm still waiting for UAPP to support Qobuz. I don't think it's because of licensing, because BubbleUPNP, Squeezelite, and KODI all supported Qobuz. I highly doubt Squeezelite and KODI pay for licensing to Qobuz.

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #543 of 6,187
Hi!

I am a fairly new user of UAPP and love the package, but I am a bit negative in general when it comes to using my phone as a player :)

I have Chord Mojo linked to S5 when not linked to my X3ii or PC.

Would really like to ramp up my Tidal use, but there's a lot of interference when I use the phone with the Mojo and the cell-internet is active. Hence my question.... is there any plan in the near future to allow for UAPP to access the Tidal tracks downloaded in offline mode?? This would be a fantastic feature for many users I believe!

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #544 of 6,187
I've been using this play for the last 5 months and I have to say it's not very stable at all despite all the updates. 30% of the time when I connect to my dac, I get an error of some sort and have to unplug and replug the dac back in to get it working again. Also I don't understand why there is still no feature to play all songs under one artist. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #545 of 6,187
  I've been using this play for the last 5 months and I have to say it's not very stable at all despite all the updates. 30% of the time when I connect to my dac, I get an error of some sort and have to unplug and replug the dac back in to get it working again. Also I don't understand why there is still no feature to play all songs under one artist. 

Do you have a USB adapter plug in your cable line ? That can mess things up.

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #547 of 6,187
  No, it's a direct otg cable, micro to mini. 

That is what I have also....micro to mini....my first micro to mini would not work...this one worked flawlessly to keep the connection solid.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291621473084

I had to go through about 4 different cables and cable combos before arriving at the one that worked...and an exchange upwards from 5" to 5.5" phone in same model.
I have an HRT microstreamer (supported) and an Asus Zenfone 2 laser and the connection is finally solid on or of and back on.
I'm now getting audio glitching though, so it is another thing I need to dial down on.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #548 of 6,187

That is what I have also....micro to mini....my first micro to mini would not work...this one worked flawlessly to keep the connection solid.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291621473084

I had to go through about 4 different cables and cable combos before arriving at the one that worked...and an exchange upwards from 5" to 5.5" phone in same model.
I have an HRT microstreamer (supported) and an Asus Zenfone 2 laser and the connection is finally solid on or of and back on.
I'm now getting audio glitching though, so it is another thing I need to dial down on.

I think it may be the cable cos it was only a few bucks. 
The micro side that plugs into the phone is extremely tight because it has spring loaded teeth on the bottom that cuts into the port to stay secure. It's so tight that the teeth causes marks on the phone port since the is no squeeze release mechanism like those found on the old 30pin ipod cables upon insertion
It's the micro usb end that goes into my dacport lx that may be causing the loose connection. It doesn't go in all the way in so either the micro port can be made shorter or the dacport lx port isn't well designed.   

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #549 of 6,187
There's a glitch in the latest update making UAPP forget that random play was activated when you closed the app. Now I have to turn it on every time I start the app.

If this can be sorted out in the next update it would be highly appreciated :wink:

Jan 23, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #550 of 6,187
Fine job on the app and for such a small amount of coin!
My request is for a recall memory when using the search window, either Tidal or local folder search. It would be nice especially when I'm searching over and over for the same artist/track etc. Now I must enter the search info repeatedly. Thanks.

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #551 of 6,187
Hi everyone,
Have been using uapp from the beginning and it's a great app.
I was wondering if there's a way to stream (better without transcoding) my flac library from my pc at home to uapp on the mobile network ?
I have subsonic server running on the pc if that helps.
Thanx

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #553 of 6,187
If you are rooted, you can install Xposed framework and get the hardware buttons to do what you want.

Currently using my old Z1 as transport with camera button acting like the play button on phone earphones (play/pause/prev/next with single/double/triple clicks).

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #554 of 6,187
After the most resent update, why is it that whatever song I play from the all song category gets adding to the queue. So essentially I can't shuffle all tracks cos it just kept adding to the queue. Is this a glitch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back