USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 22, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #5,596 of 6,219
When you select Library View, which "tag" headers for sorting do you see at the top of the screen?
I see "Artist", and one called "Album-Artist" that I created in JRiver Media Center when ripping my CDs. If I select either one, I see a list of artists, and if I select one of the artists, I see a list of their albums, with the tracks listed if I click on the album.
Thanks for the reply and confirmation.

I found these headings and sort options, just hadn't gotten the chance to reply here.

These options get it close. Like everything for Boston/PinkFloyd/Rush/etc. is working nicely. The ones I'm going to have to edit some tags/metadata for appear to be soundtracks mostly.

For example. I have a /music/harry potter soundtracks/....all the soundtracks by album.... folder. Using Artists view, it sorts based on the albums all done by John Williams, then another group of albums done by Andre Desplait (sp?) and so on....

Still digging into it, my first shot at editing didn't get the right field....

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #5,597 of 6,219
Hey there, newbie to the form and newer to the audiophile scene. I’ve been using a LG G7 for awhile as a makeshift dap with UAPP and recently picked up a DX170.

My question is, has anyone else had trouble getting their playlists to load in UAPP?

I use mediamonkey to organize my library on my PC and I’ve tried sending every combination of settings with every playlist type to my dx170 but none of them will load into UAPP correctly.

When using .m3u playlists UAPP will load it but all the songs will be blank, show no title or artist information. When I look at the meta data all the info is blank but the path on the sd card for that song is correct. It will show the correct number of songs for the playlist. When trying to play any song it gives me an error message (failed to queue song for playback). It’s weird because this playlist works perfectly in other apps like poweramp and the native player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #5,598 of 6,219
Is the path to the tracks shown as relative to the location of the Playlist, or absolute from the root directory of the internal memory or SD card?

It may be that UAPP interprets paths differently than the other players.

On my various devices, I have a Playlists folder in the Music folder - at the same level as the Genre folders. So, my Playlists have paths that are relative to the Playlists folder -

.. / [Genre] / [Artist] / [Album] / [Track]

This works with UAPP, and all of the other players on all of my devices, except the HiBy player.

Sep 30, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #5,599 of 6,219
Is the path to the tracks shown as relative to the location of the Playlist, or absolute from the root directory of the internal memory or SD card?

It may be that UAPP interprets paths differently than the other players.

On my various devices, I have a Playlists folder in the Music folder - at the same level as the Genre folders. So, my Playlists have paths that are relative to the Playlists folder -

.. / [Genre] / [Artist] / [Album] / [Track]

This works with UAPP, and all of the other players on all of my devices, except the HiBy player.
I believe that media monkey writes it as being relative to the root directory? I'm actually unsure.

What's wild is I took the SD card out of my DX170 and put it in my LG G7, loaded it into UAPP and the playlists work fine. This leads me to believe its something to do with the DX170.

I'm currently loading a different SD card to try on the DX170, we'll see if my results are any different.

Oct 3, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #5,601 of 6,219
Hi, is it possible to play even 44,1kHz tracks without resampling to 48kHz?

It depends on your specific hardware but, yes that's what UAPP is designed to do.

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #5,603 of 6,219
Don't forget to turn-on BITPERFECT

Oct 9, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #5,604 of 6,219
Every single time I reboot my Nvidia Shield I get the message from UAPP: allow usb audio player pro to access X-SPDIF 2? This app has not been granted record permission but could capture audio through this USB device.

This is very annoying. How do I prevent it from appearing?

Oct 15, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #5,605 of 6,219
When i play dff files the tags don't display correctly at all. This is being worked on or suggested?

Oct 16, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #5,606 of 6,219
Ok, no answer to my previous question. Another one:
How do I make album art visible when playing music? Right now, there are some tiny album art icons next to the name of each track. How do I make the album art either full screen on background or at least visible in some section of the screen while listening to music?..

Oct 17, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #5,607 of 6,219
Ok, no answer to my previous question. Another one:
How do I make album art visible when playing music? Right now, there are some tiny album art icons next to the name of each track. How do I make the album art either full screen on background or at least visible in some section of the screen while listening to music?..
Hallo dosifey .

If I have understood you correctly,..
Tap or Click the little icon of the song just played ,
and then the Cover would have to appear in large .

Audiophile Greetings , NOMOS

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #5,608 of 6,219
NOMOS

I will not be clicking on icons as I use it on my TV (Nvidia Shield). Any way to permanently change the view? Thanks

Oct 18, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #5,609 of 6,219
Hey there, newbie to the form and newer to the audiophile scene. I’ve been using a LG G7 for awhile as a makeshift dap with UAPP and recently picked up a DX170.

My question is, has anyone else had trouble getting their playlists to load in UAPP?

I use mediamonkey to organize my library on my PC and I’ve tried sending every combination of settings with every playlist type to my dx170 but none of them will load into UAPP correctly.

When using .m3u playlists UAPP will load it but all the songs will be blank, show no title or artist information. When I look at the meta data all the info is blank but the path on the sd card for that song is correct. It will show the correct number of songs for the playlist. When trying to play any song it gives me an error message (failed to queue song for playback). It’s weird because this playlist works perfectly in other apps like poweramp and the native player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same problem with the playlists in UAPP. The playlists work in the default Mango player.

Oct 20, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #5,610 of 6,219
Every single time I reboot my Nvidia Shield I get the message from UAPP: allow usb audio player pro to access X-SPDIF 2? This app has not been granted record permission but could capture audio through this USB device.

This is very annoying. How do I prevent it from appearing?
I asked a similar question here a while back, but from what I hear, this is a persistent problem on the latest Android version installed on SOME (not all) phones. I get the same annoying behavior on my Samsung S22 (used to get a quick warning on the S10, now I get a full triple set of hurdles to jump over every time I plug in a dac/amp on the S22).

I know you're talking about your Nvidia Shield, but it's interesting that it's the exact same problem as on some phones. (Sorry, this isn't even an answer other than to say I feel what you're going through and as far as I know, there's no current workaround. I would love for someone else to correct me on that!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back