USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 31, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #5,026 of 6,178
@Davy Wentzler I heard you stuck in conversation with iBasso about support of Dx300 MAX as a MQA decoder. Can we somehow help you (sharing log files with you, whatever which can help you) to do without iBasso involvement?
They sent me a DX300, so log files wouldn't help since I already have the device and can create my own.

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #5,027 of 6,178
They sent me a DX300, so log files wouldn't help since I already have the device and can create my own.
No, I’m talking about Dx300 MAX - it is based on other AK4499EQ dual DAC.
1630443733374.jpeg

Sep 4, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #5,029 of 6,178
Is there a way the built in Parametric EQ from Toneboosters can be improved? Compared to something like CraveEQ on Windows it's very colored and muddy when i apply complex curves to bring my headphones close to the Harman 2018 target. It's so bad that it basically becomes useless. I would pay well above the price of the toneboosters eq for a higher quality variant. I guess things are limited by CPU capacity to make it run on lower end smartphones/DAPs but a HQ switch or something like that would be great. My only nitpick with this fantastic software :)

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #5,030 of 6,178
Is there a way the built in Parametric EQ from Toneboosters can be improved? Compared to something like CraveEQ on Windows it's very colored and muddy when i apply complex curves to bring my headphones close to the Harman 2018 target. It's so bad that it basically becomes useless. I would pay well above the price of the toneboosters eq for a higher quality variant. I guess things are limited by CPU capacity to make it run on lower end smartphones/DAPs but a HQ switch or something like that would be great. My only nitpick with this fantastic software :)

I don't think there is any way of improving the embedded Toneboosters paramentric EQ. This existing Toneboosters system seems to be pretty good to me, quite uncolored, but I am just using a simple set of filters with low Q values (near critical damping). I found I didn't like the sound of sharp filters with Q values of 2 or higher, that are required to compensate for relatively narrow band mechanical/electrical resonances in the headphones. I just use gentle slopes.

I am now considering going the analog EQ route with one of the inexpensive Schiit Loki mini units. They have a four-band and a six-band, with of course fixed frequency and Q values. The main disadvantage seems to be the addition of an analog buffer amplifier stage and extra set of RCA interconnect cables and connectors into the signal path. But this increase in distortion and noise should still be less than the degradation caused by all the digital filter EQ processing.

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #5,031 of 6,178

CPU power is not an issue nowadays. We could look into using the Toneboosters EQ V4, but it is perhaps even less suited for portrait usage.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #5,034 of 6,178
Hello,

Are there any options to change now playing theme to other? I really want to have favorites shortcut directly on the now playing screen. Would be great to have a library section for favorites only (not a playlist created by user), but for now accessing directly via now playing screen should be enough for me.

Edit:
Oh, I did not know about the beta version, which includes UI improvements and most importantly - favorites marking. Great! :)

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #5,035 of 6,178
@Davy Wentzler
UAPP version 6.0 is great. I'm glad to see that the support for the iBasso DX300 has improved a lot, and it already supports MQA files even if only unfold up to 96 kHz.
It was already my favorite player app, and now much more.
Congratulations on your work!

Sep 7, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #5,036 of 6,178
@Davy Wentzler
UAPP version 6.0 is great. I'm glad to see that the support for the iBasso DX300 has improved a lot, and it already supports MQA files even if only unfold up to 96 kHz.
It was already my favorite player app, and now much more.
Congratulations on your work!

I thought the DX300 could do 8x MQA up to 384 kHz?

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #5,037 of 6,178
I thought the DX300 could do 8x MQA up to 384 kHz?
Yes, it does with Mango (app) player, but with UAPP (v 6.0) it does only up to 96 kHz…

Sep 7, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #5,039 of 6,178
It is still 1st unfold via MQA addon (you will see green or blue sign in UAPP). If you do not have MQA addon purchased, you will not get even that 1st unfold.
I have MQA addon purchased long time ago, but this is what you get with iBasso DX300 and UAPP v6.0

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #5,040 of 6,178
I have MQA addon purchased long time ago, but this is what you get with iBasso DX300 and UAPP v6.0
When I’m testing 6.0 with DX300 I’m getting unfold only with addon. My R8 opposite doing full 16x unfold with no blue or green light - exactly how it is described in manual. I’m expecting DX300 also to be recognized as MQA decoder..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back