USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 6, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #4,531 of 6,204
Ha ok, don’t do that then 🤣

I’ll have a play once kids in bed, perhaps what we have is as close to fully working as we can get right now

I think it's great as is. UAPP is bit glitchy even on supported hardware. One thing is for certain, the guys that hang out on the Sony threads will let you know if there is a problem. :rolling_eyes:

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #4,532 of 6,204
I think it's great as is. UAPP is bit glitchy even on supported hardware. One thing is for certain, the guys that hang out on the Sony threads will let you know if there is a problem. :rolling_eyes:
I’ve shared it over on the 40th anniversary thread, let’s get some feedback. I’ll drop a line to the developers too, maybe they can help further iron things out.

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #4,533 of 6,204
I’ve shared it over on the 40th anniversary thread, let’s get some feedback. I’ll drop a line to the developers too, maybe they can help further iron things out.

I did notice that it works even if high resolution streaming is turned off in the Android settings. I had it turned on before.

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #4,534 of 6,204
I did notice that it works even if high resolution streaming is turned off in the Android settings. I had it turned on before.
Yes, I turned that off during testing and can confirm the same.

I also set the sound adjustment app to bypass although I haven’t tested if it’ll work if EQ etc are applied. One to test later I guess

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #4,535 of 6,204
Thought padding the bitrate up was transparent, good to confirm.

I'm not so concerned about MQA although it would be nice to have. I know the DAC can unfold MQA but curiously it does not have any MQA flags available. Setting MQA breaks it. Perhaps I can feed my findings back to the developers and work with them to get MQA working in full too. Mind you 24/96 is still great!

Are you getting any weird behaviour with play/pause? I'm occasionally having the audio continue to play when the app says its paused. Could be a buffer size issue. I'll keep experimenting until I'm 100% happy then I'll share it in the Sony threads too. Don't want to get anyones hopes up.
I was under imoression MQA on Sony was in the Walkman Software unfold, not at hardware level?

Great work, do Tidal MQA stream bitperfect, unfolded in UAPP (obviously dont in Tidal app).

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #4,537 of 6,204
I was under imoression MQA on Sony was in the Walkman Software unfold, not at hardware level?

Great work, do Tidal MQA stream bitperfect, unfolded in UAPP (obviously dont in Tidal app).
UAPP will do the first unfold and then plays at for example 24/88 or 24/96 bit perfect yes!

I believe from testing the Walkman app that the device can do hardware MQA but it seems to handle the audio streams in an unusual way, there is no MQA flag for UAPP to use.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #4,540 of 6,204
Should I get to popup box in UAPP saying no DAC detected?
You’ve got a setting wrong somewhere if it’s saying that, I saw it countless times today during testing!

make sure internal audio driver is set to hi res direct driver and that android audio - play through android is not checked

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #4,541 of 6,204
Any ideas which ? I'm assuming Android Audio needs to be unticked but then says no USB DAC detected and UAPP wants to enable it again.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #4,542 of 6,204
Mine seems to want to switxh on Android Audio? What am I missing?

UAPP => settings => Internal audio driver => Hires direct driver
UAPP => settings => Internal Hires audio => Hires driver flags => Direct
UAPP => settings => Internal Hires audio => Hires driver audio format => 32-bit
UAPP => settings => Internal Hires audio => Bitperfect Mode => on
UAPP => settings => Internal Hires audio => Buffer size => 131072 frames

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #4,543 of 6,204
UAPP => settings => Internal audio driver => HiRes direct driver
UAPP => settings => Internal Hires audio => Hires driver flags => Direct
UAPP => settings => Internal Hires audio => Hires driver audio format => 32-bit
UAPP => settings => Internal Hires audio => Bitperfect Mode => on
UAPP => settings => Internal Hires audio => Buffer size => 131072 frames
Thanks, sorted. Testing now.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #4,544 of 6,204
You’ve got a setting wrong somewhere if it’s saying that, I saw it countless times today during testing!

make sure internal audio driver is set to hi res direct driver and that android audio - play through android is not checked
Your a super star 😍

My HD FLAC and MQA working perfectly. DSD not bit-perfect unless I have a setting wrong.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #4,545 of 6,204
DSD show as 176.4kHz and nowhere the audio fidelity out of Walkman App.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back