USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 7, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #4,231 of 6,179
I think it's worth noting that some third-party apps like uapp can prevent sample rate conversion prior to sending it over Bluetooth. Or you can set it to resample to the same frequency that your Bluetooth is set to. This way you avoid needless conversions.

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #4,232 of 6,179
I can't suddenly play any songs from Qobuz via UAPP anymore.
When I click the song it starts to buffer but instead of playing the song, after a few seconds it says "no active track".
I tried a myriad of songs, it's all the same.
Sometimes async in progress shows up.
What is happening?

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #4,235 of 6,179
I can't suddenly play any songs from Qobuz via UAPP anymore.
When I click the song it starts to buffer but instead of playing the song, after a few seconds it says "no active track".
I tried a myriad of songs, it's all the same.
Sometimes async in progress shows up.
What is happening?

Exactly the same here. I just wrote to Davy.

All of my battery selections are correct.

Does anybody know if I uninstall and reinstall UAPP will I lose all of my PEQ profiles?

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #4,236 of 6,179
It could be that the problem might be on Qobuz' side.
When I try to directly play Qobuz tracks only some of the songs start to play.
I have no issues playing Spotify, so it might be that Qobuz has streaming issues.

I am also Qobuz.

Nov 12, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #4,240 of 6,179
Working now on all apps. Just a blip.
It seems that Quobuz has indeed resolved their issues. I can now stream all of Avicii's songs again, before most came back as "no valid track".
I am now with Qobuz for about two years, this was the first time I have experienced such a glitch, so I first thought it might be caused by the UAPP app.
But I am glad everything is working again.

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #4,241 of 6,179
I did. I am not going to do that. UAPP is all about pristine unaltered audio. I get the need for the use of EQ for correction, MorphIt for simulating other headphones, but adding stuff like reverb will make ithe app go quickly downhill.

Hi, I start saying I in the First Place have never been a fan of EQ, since It seemed to me to go against the pure HiFi thing.

Btw I wanted to properly drive mi Isine 20, known for being limited without the use of a proper EQ.

I by chance then activated the Morphit plugin, settling on the generic studio profile.

Man, what a difference when switching It of and on!
I can't believe It, never Heard my Isine sound Better than this.

Pixel 3A XL+UAPP+Morphit+Tidal+Lotoo Paw S1+Isine 20 = Heaven for my ears :)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #4,242 of 6,179
I think it's worth noting that some third-party apps like uapp can prevent sample rate conversion prior to sending it over Bluetooth. Or you can set it to resample to the same frequency that your Bluetooth is set to. This way you avoid needless conversions.

I am really interested in that, since I cannot get a "proper" SQ from BT to any of my DAP: you say if I use UAPP to stream music via BT to an external DAC, it does not convert the stream?

Nov 13, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #4,244 of 6,179
I think you will inevitably find that nearly all Bluetooth codecs are mediocre sounding at best, excepting aptX HD, and LDAC.

So your question involving "BT" is much too general, and skips past very important variables such as the specific source (transmitter side) and receiver in question, and whether or not they are capable of and set for either aptX HD, or LDAC.

If either the source or the receiver are not capable of aptX HD, or LDAC, then the sound quality will remain mediocre at best and should be considered more for convenience use, and not high fidelity.

My apologies if these variables in your setup were already stated somewhere earlier in the thread and I missed it.
Thanks for the reply, my general (naive if you want) assumption Is that even the best codec, albeit available in both transmitter/receiver, did not give me satisfaction.

What I am missing Is what exactly happens in a scenario where i.e. I use a Pixel 3A XL coupled with a Cayin n3pro, both capable of using the latest codecs available. If I stream contents from i.e. Tidal in the Pixel to the DAP, where Is the bottleneck, apart from the obvious 96khz limit?

Who Is managing what? I mean, Is there any chance of sending "unaltered" Digital signal as I would do with optical/coax?

My (naive) idea Is that nowaday we are far from that, but for sure I am missing something.
This Is why basically I got excited in understanding that perhaps UAPP could be overriding (again) some limit and system bottlenecks. :)

Nov 13, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #4,245 of 6,179
I agree that you want to use ldac. But that is not enough. You have to ensure that your phone is configured to send ldac without resampling. Under developer options you should be able to control the codec, sample rate , etc. For Bluetooth.

Uapp avoids converting the stream to 48khz before it is sent to the bluetooth chip but has no control over what the bluetooth then does.

The developer options ensure that the codec isnt resampling. By default ldac will use 192khz.

I guess the key is to match all touchpoints to 44.1 if that is what your source material is. Android is one touchpoint solved by uapp, and the Bluetooth chip is Another Touch point where sample rate conversion can take place.

Please note that I have not found an automatic way to do this and it will not change when the song changes. It has to be manually configured everytime you reconnect Bluetooth as well, which makes it a real pain.

I guess the bottom line is that while Bluetooth has improved dramatically it's still not quite as clean as an unaltered bitstream most of the time. Add to that a lack of transparency as to what is going on at each bitstream handoff and it makes things really difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back